1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
May 18, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #271 of 1,586
It was designed in partnership with Maserati and is modeled after their "Astro" rims, as I understand it.

It's just not my cup of tea though

I LOVE the look of the original grills(copper* edition). It is unique. That was the first thing that attracted me to them! I would never want to change that.

I hope all this modding is not going to make casual readers of this thread think that this headphone is not good without them. I love mine stock and have no desire to change anything.

I do admire Slater's ability to do just about anything though.

*just cannot call them "gold" as they are not

I love the copper color.

May 18, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #272 of 1,586
Fellow H1707 fans, I just finished a mod that some of you may be interested in.

This one doesn't mod anything sound related, but rather something that has bothered me since the very 1st time I saw pictures of the H1707 - the grille. To me it looks like a gaudy aftermarket car rim. I know 1More was trying to be "bold" with the design (as well as protect the plexiglass window), and I applaud them for the effort. But it just never did anything for me, and I prefer a more traditional look. So I thought it was time to go ahead and fix that.

I have always thought the Grado grilles were sexy as heck, so I decided to give the H1707 the same treatment. The H1707 still remains a closed design however - I left the plexiglass window 100% intact despite it looking like an open design. The grilles are purely a cosmetic mod.

I actually did 2 different grille configurations:

1. My silver H1707 received a stainless steel grille. The material cost me under $3usd, and is available in a variety of sizes (ie how fine or coarse the mesh is). The stainless mesh comes as a sheet, so it has to be cut to the proper size/shape.

2. The gold H1707 I gave my brother received a more traditional/subdued black grille (which he thought better offset the flashier gold/copper color). Those grilles cost under $2usd, and come ready-to-go (ie drop right in), as they are made for a 1" tweeter. It's the same grilles I've used on countless other headphone mods (open-converted Philips SHL3300, Bluedio T2, Meizu HD50, and Akai Project 50X).

There is a recess machined into the back side of the stock trim ring, and it is important to make sure whatever grille material is used fits unto the recess. The trim ring must sit flush against the plexiglass window to ensure it seals properly.

So without further ado (click photos for larger version):

The before shot (or as I call it, "rollin' on dubs"):

Removing the grilles:

Delete the center 'wheel' section:

Grille version #1 (Gold H1707 and black grille):

Grille version #2 (Silver H1707 w/stainless 'Grado' grilles. Now that's what I'm talking about!!):

So what's it look like when you reverse the grille configurations?

Silver H1707 w/black grille:

Gold H1707 w/stainless 'Grado' grilles (damn that looks nice too!):

Finally, either grille can be painted any color of the rainbow. I may paint the stainless grilles gunmetal or black, making it look like the Fidelio X2. Or maybe a bronze or copper color would look nice too.

Anyways, enjoy!

Looks a bit more sophisticated that Grado style grille mod. I'm shocked Masterati gave these away with a car. I've seen these in real life. It looked a bit like a toy headphone. Maybe the rim design grows on a person, but initial impressions on my part weren't so great. But now that I've learned it's a Maserati rim.... hmmm i might like it a bit more b/c of the affiliation. :p At the time i saw them they were sitting beside a Utopia, Z1R, and PM-1. That was probably why i thought they looked like a toy :D

Nice work though :D Brave mods.

May 18, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #273 of 1,586
I LOVE the look of the original grills(copper* edition). It is unique. That was the first thing that attracted me to them! I would never want to change that.

I hope all this modding is not going to make casual readers of this thread think that this headphone is not good without them. I love mine stock and have no desire to change anything.

I do admire Slater's ability to do just about anything though.

*just cannot call them "gold" as they are not

I love the copper color.

No, that is most certainly not the case.

The 1More H1707 is excellent just as it is, and will for years to come be regarded as a unique trailblazer. No modding is required by 95% of owners, especially those without the required tools and skills (as well as those who want to keep their warranty intact).

I am simply a tweaker/modder/hacker at heart. I like to modify things (from cars to flashlights to computers to home appliances) to make improvements that manufacturers couldn’t otherwise do, to make them uniquely my own, or to make changes that may fit a particular need (such as improving fit or adding new or different features).

In the case of headphones, there may be mods I do/share that no one else but myself would possibly want, or mods that I do/share that are requested by a lot of people. I have done a number of stock pad replacement mods that people have requested for other headphones that have “non replaceable” pads, for example. ALL pads wear out eventually, and when it happens to a headphone that someone loves (but one that unfortunately has “unreplaceable” pads), providing a way to breathe new life via new pads and giving the owners additional years of enjoyment (and me the satisfaction of providing that knowledge to them).

The Sennheiser HD6xx series is a legendary headphone, generally regarded by many as near perfect as-is. Yet there is an active modding community that has collectively developed dozens of tweaks and improvements. The same goes for many cars, such as the Porsche 911, Toyota Supra, Ford Mustang, Chevy Corvette, and countless others.

People can use and enjoy any and all of these products exactly as the manufacturers intended, or exercise their right and skills to mod them. It’s up to each individual. I’m just sharing the information for future owners that wish to use it.

That’s what it’s all about for me - the joy and happiness of the music and the hobby that supports it.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #274 of 1,586
BTW, here is the Maserati GranTurismo Sport (with Astro wheels) in case anyone is interested (click for larger view).

granturismo-sport.jpg

May 18, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #275 of 1,586
Fellow H1707 fans, I just finished a mod that some of you may be interested in.

This one doesn't mod anything sound related,
!

-
Your redesign of the grill and outside enclosure looks great.
And these have an inner seal of plastic.... so thats interesting.. so, it would seem that "no harm no foul" regarding their sound, if your pretty mod is applied.
Im a fan of black electronics, so, i think i would go with matte or gloss black, tho gold is striking indeed.

What im going to do, so that i can be satisfied about "mods", involving this Can, is contact the builder, (if possible) and ask him about what you have done, so that he can have the final word, as this mod looks fantastic.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #276 of 1,586
FB1, you might want to read Slaters post again. He states that he only changed the outer grill and did not remove the clear plastic(?) cover over the back of the driver. I don't see any way that would change the sound.

May 18, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #277 of 1,586
Ok, now all I have to do is convince myself that I need another pair of headphones to hide from the rest of my family (who think I'm crazy enough as it is!).
-
Pull the trigger, flip the switch, as these are quite affordable.
Mine arrive today, and wouldn't you know it, the Audeze Sine's i ordered also managed to find their delivery date, the same. = "18th".
So, now i can assess the 1Mores, using the Sines, as well as the other Cans i previously mentioned.
Its going to be a good weekend.
I can feel it.......:)

May 18, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #278 of 1,586
FB1, you might want to read Slaters post again. He states that he only changed the outer grill and did not remove the clear plastic(?) cover over the back of the driver. I don't see any way that would change the sound.

In that case, it would seem that the outer grills are indeed just for show.
I'll update my previous post to reflect your update you sent to me...thx.

May 18, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #279 of 1,586
Are FB1 and you not talking about this product? Is Amazon selling "used or fake" MK801 as new then?
https://www.amazon.com/1MORE-MK801-...F8&qid=1526599467&sr=8-3&keywords=1more+mk801

Seems you bought the product from a third party see attachment. So I can't speak for the product. 1MORE USA hasn't sold the MK801 for over 6 months. I recommend you purchase from us whether on Amazon or from our website. Glad you got a good deal on the MK801. It's a solid headphone .
My bad, noise isolating not cancelling.

Seems you purchased your product from a third party seller. So I can't speak to the product itself.
Are FB1 and you not talking about this product? Is Amazon selling "used or fake" MK801 as new then?
https://www.amazon.com/1MORE-MK801-...F8&qid=1526599467&sr=8-3&keywords=1more+mk801

My bad, noise isolating not cancelling.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180518-113037.png
    Screenshot_20180518-113037.png
    348.7 KB · Views: 0
May 18, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #280 of 1,586
Ok, i contacted the company, (Email) and explained Slater's pretty grill Mod in detail, and i hope they let us know soon if we are good to go.
If they do respond, i'll post it. :)

So Far :
--

cleardot.gif
1MORE USA <info@1moreusa.com>
10:41 AM (19 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
Thank you for your inquiry,
Your request (15832) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. Please allow 24-48 business hours for our team to respond.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #281 of 1,586
-
Pull the trigger, flip the switch, as these are quite affordable.
Mine arrive today, and wouldn't you know it, the Audeze Sine's i ordered also managed to find their delivery date, the same. = "18th".
So, now i can assess the 1Mores, using the Sines, as well as the other Cans i previously mentioned.
Its going to be a good weekend.
I can feel it.......:)

Oh no.. potentially more rave reviews for me to contend with! :)

May 18, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #282 of 1,586
Ok, i contacted the company, (Email) and explained Slater's pretty grill Mod in detail, and i hope they let us know soon if we are good to go.

So Far :
--

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
Your request (15832) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. Please allow 24-48 business hours for our team to respond.

Maybe AudiophileAri could answer this one?

May 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #283 of 1,586

Can you clarify the question?

So Far :
--

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

May 18, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #285 of 1,586
Yes it would change the sound signature . Form and function are always seem less on 1more products plus the products are tuned by Luca after the design is final so any change to the acoustic housing will change the intended sound signature .
If you left the clear driver cover in place and only changed the outer grill, that looks like a car rim, would it effect the sound of the headphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back