1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017
May 12, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #316 of 567
I mean, the bass is definitely less than the iSine but is sounds really great. Very fast and fits quite a few genres. The signature is pretty flat with a little exra pop here and there to make it "fun enough" that it's not clinical. I've heard bass heavy gear and generally dislike it unless it was designed as flat and then frequency boosted like the Audeze EQ in the Cipher or MoFi's ON+ mode. Both fit my tastes very well but I guess I trend toward neutral.
Isine 10 or 20?

May 13, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #319 of 567
I was using the wrong tips, it isn't low recessed at all. With the right tips it does actually sound a bit boosted, but still clean and appropriate. And also they really aren't bright at all. The low mids are really great.

May 13, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #320 of 567
I mean that's the thing. I like bass. I'm not a basshead, but I definitely enjoy warm/bassy headphones (hence my Audeze). Firing up the Quad seriously surprised me with how much bass there was because I was expecting neutral.

Again, I'm no neutral-head. My previous IEMs were the P1s, I have M100s, also like the TFZ series 5. I was expecting to find the Quads much more neutral than I did. That DD in there is definitely pulling its weight. Maybe it's a fit issue for some?

May 13, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #321 of 567
I was using the wrong tips, it isn't low recessed at all. With the right tips it does actually sound a bit boosted, but still clean and appropriate. And also they really aren't bright at all. The low mids are really great.

That's definitely my thinking for a lot of those comments. The whole "shallow fit" thing might be tripping people up. Yeah they're shallow compared to full-insertion types, but they're not earbuds. Still gotta actually seal and the bass will quickly wake up.

May 13, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #322 of 567
Yup, I went through the same thing. Glad they come with so many sizes! The stock ones that it ships with sounded really good and while I could hear the spectrum, the bass was kind of implied.

I was rolling tips and thought I had small ear canals so I wasn't going too big in the sizes. When I got to 12mm, I had a lot of bass but the treble was rolled off. I continued going up and down with silicon/foam but hadn't broken the 12mm size barrier.

One morning, still not feeling the response curve, I tried the 13mm and WHAM! Everything was suddenly there. Lively treble and mids, spacious staging and imaging, deep bass. Everything balanced and coherent.

If you aren't feeling the bass or whatever, just keep expimenting with all the sizes! There's almost surely one in that box for you.

May 15, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #323 of 567
Just wanted to throw this out that we became a 1MORE authorized dealer, and carry the Quad driver and the Triple driver. Our website will reflect this in the current week. I personally am looking forward to getting head time with both of these to compare.

May 16, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #324 of 567
So I'm A/Bing the quads vs my P1 and I'm not sure that I like the quads more at all. Quads do a great job with bass and stage but the upper mids dying sound very good compared to the P1 and overall the quads sound somewhat bloated and dark. Even unnatural at times.

Maybe I'm overloaded with options atm but I'm not feeling these.

May 16, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #325 of 567
So quick update: I'm back on the comply tips but this time am using the comfort series. Seems they're less likely to choke the treble performance in my ear shape. Super happy with these portable little gems.

May 18, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #327 of 567
Just wanted to throw this out that we became a 1MORE authorized dealer, and carry the Quad driver and the Triple driver. Our website will reflect this in the current week. I personally am looking forward to getting head time with both of these to compare.

Guess who's the one who snatched up your first box of Quads. :ksc75smile:

May 18, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #328 of 567
So I'm A/Bing the quads vs my P1 and I'm not sure that I like the quads more at all. Quads do a great job with bass and stage but the upper mids dying sound very good compared to the P1 and overall the quads sound somewhat bloated and dark. Even unnatural at times.

Maybe I'm overloaded with options atm but I'm not feeling these.

I had the same issue until I found the tip/placement that worked best for me. I thought the bass was bloated and loose. I use the 13mm silicones and let them rest just far enough in to get a seal and the bass is FAR more controlled and the whole presentation is significantly more natural sounding.

May 18, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #329 of 567
Guess who's the one who snatched up your first box of Quads. :ksc75smile:

Lol you know what I thought that was you! When you said you had it I was thinking "huh, wonder if he stayed loyal and bought it from us!?" :wink: :wink:

We are in the mix of getting more quads. Which helps because I need to get my hands on some since you took the only one!

May 18, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #330 of 567
Lol you know what I thought that was you! When you said you had it I was thinking "huh, wonder if he stayed loyal and bought it from us!?" :wink: :wink:

We are in the mix of getting more quads. Which helps because I need to get my hands on some since you took the only one!

Maybe I'll swing by soon and let you listen. I'm not a burn-in guy but I swear the DD on these "settled" a bit after the first hour or so, aside from figuring out which tips fit my ears the best.

My current thinking is I miss the P1's isolation and fit (I love deep-insertion IEMs) but the Quads sound more even and less V-shaped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back