1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017
Mar 28, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #121 of 567
Oh thats very sad to hear.

Wont buy those either than, wanted to have the Triple with a more accurate bass and soundstage, but not flatter..

Will get the iBasso IT03 or the Oriveti new Primacy instead (even though its another price jump in comparison with the Quads)

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #124 of 567
I have to agree. The more I listen to these, the more disappointed I get. I was honestly expecting a more refined sound of the fun, bassy signature the triples had. I have reference headphones for analytical listening at home. I might just sell mine...

Yes, I see more and more people say these are total crap. I will help you take them off your hands for $100. :grinning:

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #125 of 567
Too early to know how the masses feel. I liked them! The improved build quality, ergonomics, and slightly more balanced (but better sub extension) make them a solid set.

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #127 of 567

Yea I'm not worried how the Masses Feel lol

oh I only mean that only a few people here didn't like them -- which is fine lol But we can't say things like "everyone here" Most people haven't received them yet, and a few people had positive things to say.

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #128 of 567
  oh I only mean that only a few people here didn't like them -- which is fine lol But we can't say things like "everyone here" Most people haven't received them yet, and a few people had positive things to say.

Its true, either way I am happy with this reference sound even if its disappointing compared to what I was hoping for.
May end up selling my triples now.... have to really decide. Maybe ill keep both haha

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #129 of 567

Neural IEMS are rubbish for portable audio though, which is how I do the vast bulk of my listening.  When out and about, elevated bass and more colour really help against the noise of today's world.

I have to agree. The more I listen to these, the more disappointed I get. I was honestly expecting a more refined sound of the fun, bassy signature the triples had. I have reference headphones for analytical listening at home. I might just sell mine...
trade for echobox finder x1??:grin:

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #130 of 567
I've never heard the triples so i can't compare these two in bass quantity but i'm pretty certain the bass has more quality, if not a lot more quality to it since these use diamond-like-carbon drivers resulting in the fastest and tightest bass i've ever heard in any IEM so far period. Also, i wouldn't say these are bass boosted, but they are certainly not lacking in enough bass to make the music sound full. I think there is also a bit of a trade of, either you get tight and fast bass or you get fuller more up in your face bass but loose on definition, neutrality and overall sense of space IMO.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #132 of 567

I don't wish to mislead everyone. They are good IEMs, just a different signature than what I expecting. I typically use IEMs only for on-the-go and bass-centric music, since earbuds can't give that impact and extension without sacrificing the other frequencies. Now I'm in talks with another head-fier to buy their Noble Dulce's (at a great price), and hoping this will give what I was expecting from the Quads. Full quality bass without sacrificing quantity and impact. An upgrade to the triples sound signature, assuming its similar.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #133 of 567
I've been listening a lot to my audio technica at e40's and I have to admit that I can not really listen to the triples anymore. The bass just seems bloated to me. So I'm thinking these might have the right sound signature for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back