1964 EARS V6 Thread
Aug 13, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #707 of 931
I've been in contact with Vitaliy, the V6-S has more bass and mid focused with wider soundstage. Bassist will be more happy with the changes.

And V8 will be out this year :)

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #708 of 931
A V8 is coming out this year? If it follows 1964's linear pricing then it ought to be around $800. Let's hope that the V8 is designed as a true reference monitor :)

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #709 of 931
A V8 is coming out this year? If it follows 1964's linear pricing then it ought to be around $800. Let's hope that the V8 is designed as a true reference monitor :)

Yes, and probably its already obvious but there will be 4 drivers for the lows.
There will be significant difference in the lows and sub lows compared to the V6.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #710 of 931
Isnt the v6 already considered a true reference monitor? It sounds like one to me anyway. Which is why I am thrilled about V6-S and V8 being designed with more bass, because I have been considering buying a day Quad to get a more bass-heavy sound sgnature. But that would technically be a downgrade. Now I can get what I want and it would be an upgrade!! Sounds like the v6-s almost has a Senn hd650 type sound.

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #711 of 931
Got my V6 pair in this morning. Pretty impressed so far. Great, solid construction, perfect fit. Seems like a fair and balanced mix. Isolation is good. Really exposes the minute details (and flaws) of my typical listening tracks. I've only listened on my iphone so far, looking forward to getting them home tonight on a little better preamp.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #712 of 931
Quote:
I've been in contact with Vitaliy, the V6-S has more bass and mid focused with wider soundstage. Bassist will be more happy with the changes.

And V8 will be out this year
smily_headphones1.gif

As a bassist and sound engineer, yes I'm very happy. But as a 17 years old boy that have small wallet, I'm crying

by the way, how do you contact Vitaly? I want to have a little consultation regarding the CIEM

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #714 of 931
Congrats! Please post some initial impressions--they may be the final shove to push some of us bystanders over the fence.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #715 of 931
Quote:
Congrats! Please post some initial impressions--they may be the final shove to push some of us bystanders over the fence.

I'll try and get something up next week, I'm not an experienced "audiophile" reviewer, but I'll do my best.  I'm sure there are people out there who want to know how big an upgrade they are from the TF10 and how the sound compares to the HD650.  And that's about all I can do.  I guess the other thing I'll know next week is how good they sound off an IPhone 4S vs. a computer running FLAC with a Fiio E17.

So I might be able to help some people, but don't expect an audiophile review.  My "lead ears" can't hear some of these differences that I read about on here...

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #716 of 931
Maybe your "lead ears" are actually right. IMO half the stuff on this site is BS, so not being an "audiophile" reviewer may add credence to your views.

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #717 of 931
I have had my ears tested, and I am equipped with "full" hearing. Yet I can't tell if my ODAC is better or worse than a Schiit Gungnir :)

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #718 of 931
Quote:
I have had my ears tested, and I am equipped with "full" hearing. Yet I can't tell if my ODAC is better or worse than a Schiit Gungnir
smily_headphones1.gif

My hearing is tested every year due to my work enviroment, and my hearing is just fine.  But when I got my Fiio E17, once I boosted the bass to +4, I could not tell the difference between my Schiit Bifrost/Valhalla stack on my HD650's and the E17.  Admittedly on a flat setting (Bass +0), the difference was very noticeable.

In the end this worked out well for me.  I sold the Schiit stack and bought the V6's.

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #719 of 931
FedEx is now officially on my **** list.  If I can avoid it I won't be doing business with them anymore.  My V6's have been at the FedEx terminal here since Saturday.  I changed the delivery to pickup when they arrived Saturday and they said they should be ready Monday, fine, they can't get the bin unloaded that day.  I called FedEx today to see if I could pick up my headphones and they said yes.  I get to the FedEx location to pick them up today and they told me I could not have them, they were still in the bin.  Why can't I have them?  Because 1964Ears paid for 3 day shipping.  And tomorrow is the 3rd day.  If I ship something UPS say from here in Baltimore to NJ, the person I ship it to gets it the next day.  UPS doesn't hold it in their warehouse because I didn't pay for next day shipping, they deliver it because it's there.  USPS took my impressions out of my hands at 5pm on a Friday, 1964ears had them Monday.  From Baltimore to Oregon.  Did they hold them because I paid for 2-3 day shipping and it hadn't been enough business days?  No.

Of course this is the 3rd strike, I don't tell companies to **** off for one strike (except Enterprise car rental).  FedEx has twice listed and item as delivered to my house on their tracking and not actually dropped it off until 1-2 days later.  I guess they keep a better deliver record if they record it delivered even if they haven't.  Then sneak it in the next day and hope the customer doesn't look at their tracking.

So I was hoping to give at least a small review of my V6' tonight.  But FedEx won't let me have them until 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Thanks for letting me vent.  Maybe someday I can tell the Enterprise story.  IT would be off topic though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back