1964 EARS V6 Thread
Feb 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #511 of 931
Quote:
Hey everyone, I'm new to the whole IEM market and I just bought the V6, hopefully they will be arriving at the end of the month. I've heard a lot of talk about the V6's lack of emphasis (i'm not speaking to the detail, I just hear that they have "less bass" than the Quads) in the lower frequencies. Therefore, I was wondering if any of you had suggestions of an portable amp I could use to give the V6's a little warmth and some "umph" in their bass.

So far I have been looking at the Alo Rx MK3 B and Fostex HP-P1. I know these are higher end portable amps but I am open to all suggestions. 

Like FlySweep said, the Arrow 3G is a perfect option, even more so than the 4G because the bass switch has a little more oomph for your V6...I've loved mine for several months, but I'm actually selling it because I don't need it anymore. So if you're interested, check my sig.
/shamelessplug

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #512 of 931
Quote:
Hey everyone, I'm new to the whole IEM market and I just bought the V6, hopefully they will be arriving at the end of the month. I've heard a lot of talk about the V6's lack of emphasis (i'm not speaking to the detail, I just hear that they have "less bass" than the Quads) in the lower frequencies. Therefore, I was wondering if any of you had suggestions of an portable amp I could use to give the V6's a little warmth and some "umph" in their bass.

So far I have been looking at the Alo Rx MK3 B and Fostex HP-P1. I know these are higher end portable amps but I am open to all suggestions. 

The only thing that gave my V6's bass an oomph factor was using the poweramp app for Android. I highly discourage from getting an MKIII due to the mismatch between its power (or output impedance) and the sensitivity of 1964 Ears CIEMS. Fostex HP-P1 was one of the worst purchases I've ever made here. I was so underwhelmed that no matter how much I listened to it, I never liked it and that was with when I had my Quads so I wouldn't recommend HP-P1 at all. 

The new CLAS is actually warmer than the previous one and has more bass emphasis if you're looking for finding that from your source. I did use both JDS Labs and now using the Headstage Arrow 4G, none of these actually make your bass thundering, but they give it a slight boost without messing up the other frequencies. So far I am happy with my Arrow but don't expect these bass boosts to give you something like D7000 or LCD-2 type of bass. EQ might be your best bet in this situation. 

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #513 of 931
Awesome suggestions! I really appreciate your responses, they are really getting me excited to get my V6's. 

Yuceka, you say an EQ might be my best bet, are there any quality portable hardware EQs? Sorry I am a super new in this department and I figured since I already started the conversation I might as well ask, instead of searching through all the forums. 

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #514 of 931
Hello.

Any idea how many days it takes for 1964 Ears staff to respond to an email enquiry?

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #516 of 931
Hello.

I wanted to inquire on whether I could get them to Paypal invoice me first while I set up an appointment with the audiologist.

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #517 of 931
I don't think they will. For me, they waited til they received my impressions, and I even e-mailed them beforehand.

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #518 of 931
Quote:
Hello.

I wanted to inquire on whether I could get them to Paypal invoice me first while I set up an appointment with the audiologist.

Yes they can, but what's the point of doing it? They usually do not start working on the CIEMS until the payment is cleared but in your case they won't even have the impressions to work with. They are usually pretty fast about invoicing people so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #519 of 931
Quote:
Awesome suggestions! I really appreciate your responses, they are really getting me excited to get my V6's. 

Yuceka, you say an EQ might be my best bet, are there any quality portable hardware EQs? Sorry I am a super new in this department and I figured since I already started the conversation I might as well ask, instead of searching through all the forums. 

I usually don't use eqs and my portable rig is on my signature. And I'm not sure if you're an Apple user or Android user but for Android (My phone is Samsung Galaxy SIII) Poweramp, Neutron MP, and Player Pro, for Apple IOS I've only used Equ as an app. 

But the bass knob on Poweramp app did make my ear drum literally vibrate. So V6's bass is capable of delivering thunderous bass, you just have to feed it to them. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #520 of 931
Had a brief correspondence with Vitaliy today. Here's a new video (which I believe is on their webpage too) featuring his company's lab and how they go about making the 1964 EARS products. I think it's cool Enjoy!

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #521 of 931
Hmm I ordered v3s, wondering if they e-mail you when they have them completed and ship them out to you, and send you a picture of the completed item?

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #522 of 931
Quote:
Hmm I ordered v3s, wondering if they e-mail you when they have them completed and ship them out to you, and send you a picture of the completed item?

They may email you when they send them out, but it's not standard for them to send you a picture of the completed item. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #523 of 931
You have to pay $10 to get a mock-up picture of your iems. Otherwise, you'll just get the shipping confirmation and that's it. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #524 of 931
MY V6's Arrived today.  and first impressions are they sound great.  I have ordered a Starlight cable from BTG-audio but it has not arrived yet. so my first impressions are with the factory cable. They also came in the new case. will post better impressions when I get a chance to listen to them for some time.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #525 of 931
Your pictures don't show up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back