1964 EARS V6 Thread
Jan 25, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #496 of 931
Quote:
Radical, thanks. I just mailed off my impressions and e-mailed them my completed order form. Can't wait!

if i were you i would ask for the payment.
paid the payment before my impressions arrived so they could start earlier working on my v3.

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #497 of 931
Yeah, except I live not more than 10 minutes from their office so my impressions will be there before they reply to my email anyway haha. Hopefully they respond soon.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #499 of 931
Hey eric, have you had/heard the ER4? If not, I know the HF5 are fairly similar. How would you say they compare to the V6?

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #500 of 931
Quote:
Hey eric, have you had/heard the ER4? If not, I know the HF5 are fairly similar. How would you say they compare to the V6?

I've never heard the ER4, and it has been years since owning the HF5. But there's nothing I can think of (by memory) that would remotely make me think I could compare the HF5 to the V6. Let me rephrase: I have heard many earphones that I think are better than the HF5 since owning it, and I put the V6 way above those earphones. It's the best BA IEM I've heard thus far, and in my top four of best sounding IEMs, period.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #501 of 931
Very reasurring. After reading Joshua's review of the V6, it seems like they provide quite a bit of detail, transparency, and the like. The most detailed earphones I've ever heard were my ER4B, so that's why I ask. Guess I'll need to wait to hear them myself :)

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #502 of 931
Yeah, except I live not more than 10 minutes from their office so my impressions will be there before they reply to my email anyway haha. Hopefully they respond soon.

Hey. If you live only 10min away from their office, then could you pick it up from their office? That would be pretty cool if you could.

Feb 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #504 of 931
Nice write-up on the V6:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57567165-47/1964-ears-custom-in-ear-headphones-beat-their-competition-on-price/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #506 of 931
How would you guys compare the V6's to the Audeo PFE 232 or UE 900? I was recently thinking about getting the PFE 232 but they cost a fortune here and I just couldn't justify paying so much for a universal when I can get a CIEM at more or less equal the price. Problem is, listening to the earphones are not an option for me, and so I have to rely on comparisons to IEMs that I've heard in the past, which happen to be the Phonak's, UE 900, UE TF10, Shure SE215 and Grado RS1i. I'd appreciate any replies. Thanks!

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #507 of 931
Quote:
How would you guys compare the V6's to the Audeo PFE 232 or UE 900? I was recently thinking about getting the PFE 232 but they cost a fortune here and I just couldn't justify paying so much for a universal when I can get a CIEM at more or less equal the price. Problem is, listening to the earphones are not an option for me, and so I have to rely on comparisons to IEMs that I've heard in the past, which happen to be the Phonak's, UE 900, UE TF10, Shure SE215 and Grado RS1i. I'd appreciate any replies. Thanks!

No comparison to the UE900. The V6 is far ahead in every way (clarity, details, transparency, soundstage, bass, mids and treble). I've never heard the PFE 232, so I can't comment from that perspective.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #508 of 931
Hey everyone, I'm new to the whole IEM market and I just bought the V6, hopefully they will be arriving at the end of the month. I've heard a lot of talk about the V6's lack of emphasis (i'm not speaking to the detail, I just hear that they have "less bass" than the Quads) in the lower frequencies. Therefore, I was wondering if any of you had suggestions of an portable amp I could use to give the V6's a little warmth and some "umph" in their bass.

So far I have been looking at the Alo Rx MK3 B and Fostex HP-P1. I know these are higher end portable amps but I am open to all suggestions. 

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #509 of 931
Originally Posted by SonicBoom1008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey everyone, I'm new to the whole IEM market and I just bought the V6, hopefully they will be arriving at the end of the month. I've heard a lot of talk about the V6's lack of emphasis (i'm not speaking to the detail, I just hear that they have "less bass" than the Quads) in the lower frequencies. Therefore, I was wondering if any of you had suggestions of an portable amp I could use to give the V6's a little warmth and some "umph" in their bass.

So far I have been looking at the Alo Rx MK3 B and Fostex HP-P1. I know these are higher end portable amps but I am open to all suggestions. 

Both the Headstage Arrow 3G/4G and (forthcoming) JDSLabs C5 have bass boost switches.  Those amps are particularly well suited for multi-BA driver-based IEMs cause they've got very low output impedance.  The Arrow's sleek form factor is unmatched, IMO.. the C5 looks very slick too.  The Apex Glacier might be a good option too.. don't think it has a bass boost, but it's got a (generally) warmer signature from what I gather.

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #510 of 931
Quote:

The HP-P1 is terrific with my ACS Custom T1 CIEM's...Dead quiet too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back