1964 EARS V6 Thread
Nov 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #392 of 931
You don't seem to miss the Quads very much !Lol

I'm sitting with the Quads right here the whole time I'm listening to the V6's resisting the desire to pop them back in. Very difficult to do...

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #394 of 931
popcorn.gif

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #395 of 931
Some quick first impressions: immersive, warm soundstage that dwarfs the Ety Hf5. Frankly, they seem tinny, brittle, and cold in comparison. the v6 has all the clarity and detail of the hf5, but much fuller-bodied and denser. in comparison to the v6, the hf5 sound like they almost have no low-end at all.

the v6 have a thicker, fuller bass than the sony xba3, but it is more controlled too, so it doesn't ever dominate the sound spectrum like the bass on xba3s do. The warmth and soundstage is close, but v6 ultimately prevails.
and obviously the mids and treble of the v6 are superior to the sonyz...in fact the sony do not even come close. the xba3 mids and highs sound muddy and muffled in comparison - no hyperbole.

ultimately the V6 combines the best qualities of those two iems, but also bests them on their individual strengths. the V6 is like the headphone is was looking for when I wanted something that would have the best of Akg 701 and Sennheiser 650s.

I cannot find any fault with the v6, and i am discerning listener that enjoys every genre of music. I just wish I had other flagship ciems to compare it to. But for sheer value, I do not think any other flagships come close to the v6, becauze they are all considerably more expensive.

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #396 of 931
Thank you for those first impressions. I thought I would see my V6 today, but it didn't show up. So hopefully Monday. I'm really excited now, and you've described this CIEM in the way I'm hoping to hear them. Happy listening!

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #397 of 931
Congratulation Jazzkammer,nice post for a quick impression.
I have a HF5 and i would like to know how it compare with the V3 in terms of clarity,nonetheless,hehe.The V6 seems to be a beast.

Dec 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #400 of 931
Quote:
Some quick first impressions: immersive, warm soundstage that dwarfs the Ety Hf5. Frankly, they seem tinny, brittle, and cold in comparison. the v6 has all the clarity and detail of the hf5, but much fuller-bodied and denser. in comparison to the v6, the hf5 sound like they almost have no low-end at all.
the v6 have a thicker, fuller bass than the sony xba3, but it is more controlled too, so it doesn't ever dominate the sound spectrum like the bass on xba3s do. The warmth and soundstage is close, but v6 ultimately prevails.
and obviously the mids and treble of the v6 are superior to the sonyz...in fact the sony do not even come close. the xba3 mids and highs sound muddy and muffled in comparison - no hyperbole.
ultimately the V6 combines the best qualities of those two iems, but also bests them on their individual strengths. the V6 is like the headphone is was looking for when I wanted something that would have the best of Akg 701 and Sennheiser 650s.
I cannot find any fault with the v6, and i am discerning listener that enjoys every genre of music. I just wish I had other flagship ciems to compare it to. But for sheer value, I do not think any other flagships come close to the v6, becauze they are all considerably more expensive.

This impression sounds so amazing, I now have a 1964ears order form filled out.  I was like, "Etymotic clarity with better bass and separation?  Yes please."  Only problem: I then realized I have no money, and excitement alone does not purchase iems, oh well.  

Dec 1, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #401 of 931
I too, would love to add the V6 to my stable once I get paid. However, if it's between these and the AS-2, I might have to go with Aurisonics, especially with the 25% discount pricing.

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #403 of 931
Yeah....I wish I had that luxury. But alas, I'm broke and usually have to sell stuff to buy new stuff. Sucks being a student in debt. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #404 of 931
I'm going to demo the V3, V6 and the Q on Wednesday so I will give a few brief impression as to the general signatures if anyone is interested?

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #405 of 931
Yes, Noxa that will be very helpful. I am in midst of same confusion - as to which one of 1964 might suit my taste.
Also in your review please give relative sound signature with reference to your past gears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back