1964 EARS V6 Thread
Nov 23, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #377 of 931
I ordered Heir 4.A....

Couldn't resist the price.

At least it will be more familiar moving up from Ety ER4s.

Too bad 1964 never did reply to the posts on their fb asking about black friday deals. Might have waited if they indicated things were coming!

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #378 of 931
Well today is black friday and there's no deals to be seen, so it looks like you made a good choice. I highly doubt you will be disappointed with the 4.A.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #379 of 931
I was going to jump on the 4A. But decided against it. Mostly because of shipping + customs fees, and the fact I listen to mostly electronic on the go. 

After losing all my money to soundearphones and finding out I can't use 2 gift cards on one product, I'm stuck waiting for a refund for $750... which will take 1-2 buisness days. So it looks like I'm back to 1964 for my next purchase. Probably will see about getting demos whenever possible. I wish they'd develop a v4 series already.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #380 of 931
Well, after over a month of waiting, my Miracle are finally here. For those curious about the V6 vs Miracle. Here is a quick run down.
Sound Stage: The Miracle has a wider and deeper sound stage compared to the V6. I'm not sure why as both are six drivers with 3 way cross-over. I see the placement of the drivers are different on both, so that could be why? I'm no expert on this however.

Bass: The V6 definitely has more impact, a bit more with that "thump." However the bass on Miracle is better extended, giving a more realistic sound. Both are excellent in their own way, It will pretty much end up depending on the music you listen to. Some songs will sound better with more bass, others will sound better with a bit better tonal balance.

Mids: This is almost a draw here, notice "almost." For lack of a better word, to my ears the mids on the V6 is like a rectangle with sharp edges, and the mids on the Miracle is like a rectangle with rounded edges. Going back and forth between the two, the Mids on the V6 sound almost recessed compred to the Miracle. Could be my brain playing tricks on me, who knows? So again, it all boils down to the music. Whether or not you like a sharp edges or a rounded edges rectangle. To my ears, the rounded edges give me a smoother, fuller, lush sound.

Highs: This is where you see a different. The highs on the V6 are laid back compared to the Miracle. Both give a smooth presentation, however I feel the Miracle highs are a bit more refined. Just me though.

Tonal balance is better on the Miracle, so the overall sound is a bit more fluid. The Miracle is more neutral and and the V6 is on the warm side, so that could be why. As I mentioned before, if you think of neutral has a straight line, then the V6 has some slight curve to it. The Miracle is pretty straight, pretty much like my Alclair Reference.

Build quality is excellent on both. UM is famous for excellent craftsmanship, and 1964 Ears is definitely up there as well. I'm a bit disappointed with the accessories of the Miracle however. I feel like there should be more for $1000 CIEMs, but hey, that's just me.

So there you have it, to make it easy I'd give the V6 a 9.25/10 and the Miracle 9.75/10. Please keep in mind however that this is merely my opinion, as always, Your mileage may vary. To my ears, I feel like the Miracle are better, but not by much, and certainly not worth the premium price over the V6. So if you don't have $1000 lying around to spare, get the V6 and enjoy it, definitely an excellent CIEM for the money. If you however prefer the extra smoothness and have cash to burn, get the Miracle, which needs no introduction as one of the best CIEMs on the market (possibly the best one, until I my paycheck comes in for the Westone ES5, so we'll see :wink: )

Until then, rock on :)

Here are some pictures

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #381 of 931
Quote:
Well, after over a month of waiting, my Miracle are finally here. For those curious about the V6 vs Miracle. Here is a quick run down.
Sound Stage: The Miracle has a wider and deeper sound stage compared to the V6. I'm not sure why as both are six drivers with 3 way cross-over. I see the placement of the drivers are different on both, so that could be why? I'm no expert on this however.
Bass: The V6 definitely has more impact, a bit more with that "thump." However the bass on Miracle is better extended, giving a more realistic sound. Both are excellent in their own way, It will pretty much end up depending on the music you listen to. Some songs will sound better with more bass, others will sound better with a bit better tonal balance.
Mids: This is almost a draw here, notice "almost." For lack of a better word, to my ears the mids on the V6 is like a rectangle with sharp edges, and the mids on the Miracle is like a rectangle with rounded edges. Going back and forth between the two, the Mids on the V6 sound almost recessed compred to the Miracle. Could be my brain playing tricks on me, who knows? So again, it all boils down to the music. Whether or not you like a sharp edges or a rounded edges rectangle. To my ears, the rounded edges give me a smoother, fuller, lush sound.
Highs: This is where you see a different. The highs on the V6 are laid back compared to the Miracle. Both give a smooth presentation, however I feel the Miracle highs are a bit more refined. Just me though.
Tonal balance is better on the Miracle, so the overall sound is a bit more fluid. The Miracle is more neutral and and the V6 is on the warm side, so that could be why. As I mentioned before, if you think of neutral has a straight line, then the V6 has some slight curve to it. The Miracle is pretty straight, pretty much like my Alclair Reference.
Build quality is excellent on both. UM is famous for excellent craftsmanship, and 1964 Ears is definitely up there as well. I'm a bit disappointed with the accessories of the Miracle however. I feel like there should be more for $1000 CIEMs, but hey, that's just me.
So there you have it, to make it easy I'd give the V6 a 9.25/10 and the Miracle 9.75/10. Please keep in mind however that this is merely my opinion, as always, Your mileage may vary. To my ears, I feel like the Miracle are better, but not by much, and certainly not worth the premium price over the V6. So if you don't have $1000 lying around to spare, get the V6 and enjoy it, definitely an excellent CIEM for the money. If you however prefer the extra smoothness and have cash to burn, get the Miracle, which needs no introduction as one of the best CIEMs on the market (possibly the best one, until I my paycheck comes in for the Westone ES5, so we'll see
wink.gif
)
Until then, rock on
smily_headphones1.gif
Here are some pictures

I also think UM's packaging looks spectacular. Worth the extra $400...? For a guy crazy about aesthics like me.. probably.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #382 of 931
I also think UM's packaging looks spectacular. Worth the extra $400...? For a guy crazy about aesthics like me.. probably.

Except most of the time the package is in the drawer lol :p Unless you take it out and look it every minute, then that's difference :p

Nov 23, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #387 of 931
Quote:

Nice job (again) Han Bao Quan. Thank you for the comparison review.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #388 of 931
Quote:
Highs: This is where you see a different. The highs on the V6 are laid back compared to the Miracle.

Wow, the v6's treble must be pretty rolled off if it sounds laid back compared to the Miracle.

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #389 of 931
Wow, the v6's treble must be pretty rolled off if it sounds laid back compared to the Miracle.

I'm not sure if that's the case, but that's how they sound to my ears.

IF you think the overall presentation of the Miracle is a circle, then the V6 has an oval shape.

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #390 of 931

Highs: This is where you see a different. The highs on the V6 are laid back compared to the Miracle. Both give a smooth presentation, however I feel the Miracle highs are a bit more refined. Just me though.
Tonal balance is better on the Miracle, so the overall sound is a bit more fluid. The Miracle is more neutral and and the V6 is on the warm side, so that could be why. As I mentioned before, if you think of neutral has a straight line, then the V6 has some slight curve to it. The Miracle is pretty straight, pretty much like my Alclair Reference.
So there you have it, to make it easy I'd give the V6 a 9.25/10 and the Miracle 9.75/10. Please keep in mind however that this is merely my opinion, as always, Your mileage may vary. To my ears, I feel like the Miracle are better, but not by much, and certainly not worth the premium price over the V6. So if you don't have $1000 lying around to spare, get the V6 and enjoy it, definitely an excellent CIEM for the money. If you however prefer the extra smoothness and have cash to burn, get the Miracle, which needs no introduction as one of the best CIEMs on the market (possibly the best one, until I my paycheck comes in for the Westone ES5, so we'll see 
wink.gif
 )
Until then, rock on 
smily_headphones1.gif

Here are some pictures

If there was a like button I would hit it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back