1964 EARS V6 Thread
Nov 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #302 of 931
Quote:

Hmm V3 is more 'fun' (V shaped) where as Quads are more neutral.

That is what I have noticed from reading several threads here, Joker's included.

Ahh, dang it. If this is true, I should have gone with the Quads instead. I do notice the V3's having a bit of a V-shaped sound signature (this is in comparison to my AKG K271 MKII). I thought the Quads were less neutral considering that they have more bass?

I'm curious as to how the Quads compare to the V3 in terms of articulation, soundstage, transient attack/decay, etc... instead of just sound signature though. Can anyone point me to some comparisons if they do exist?

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #303 of 931
Quote:

That is what I have noticed from reading several threads here, Joker's included.

I heard that the V3 is neutral with the highs a bit toned down (less sparkle but not to the degree of veil) whilst the Quads are bassier?

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #305 of 931
Quote:
^ that's what I've read as well. Seems like the V4 satisfies a number of "bassheads"

Unless I've missed something I think you're a bit mistaken. The quad driver is the 1964-Q and is not part of the V line, although presumably they may updated it to a V4 later.

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #306 of 931
My mistake, I meant the 1964-Q. I keep saying V4 for some reason.

Anyhow, I live in Portland and will hopefully be giving some demo units of the 1964-Q and V6 a listen this weekend. I will post my impressions/comparisons to other IEMs I've heard, specifically the ASG-1 and Heir 4.Ai, which I will have with me to A/B.

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #307 of 931
Quote:
My mistake, I meant the 1964-Q. I keep saying V4 for some reason.

Anyhow, I live in Portland and will hopefully be giving some demo units of the 1964-Q and V6 a listen this weekend. I will post my impressions/comparisons to other IEMs I've heard, specifically the ASG-1 and Heir 4.Ai, which I will have with me to A/B.

Very cool, I look forward to your 4.Ai comparison especially.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #308 of 931
definitely need someone to do a comparison between V6 and other 6 drivers IEM such as Micracle or JH13, it would be appreciated.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #309 of 931
definitely need someone to do a comparison between V6 and other 6 drivers IEM such as Micracle or JH13, it would be appreciated.

My Miracle shall come within 2 weeks. Then I can do a comparison

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #310 of 931
Nov 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #312 of 931
Quote:

Don't think so, the Quads have always been described by all as being fairly bass heavy with smooth highs that are easy to listen to for hours. Not exactly neutral by the strictest definition. 

And Joker doesn't have the Quads - he does have the V3 and the older 1964-T, so maybe that's what you were thinking of? 

It seems to me that the V3 is like a junior version of the Quads, with slightly less of a bass boost. 

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #313 of 931
Quote:

Don't think so, the Quads have always been described by all as being fairly bass heavy with smooth highs that are easy to listen to for hours. Not exactly neutral by the strictest definition. 

And Joker doesn't have the Quads - he does have the V3 and the older 1964-T, so maybe that's what you were thinking of? 

It seems to me that the V3 is like a junior version of the Quads, with slightly less of a bass boost. 

That was very much my experience when I compared the V3's and the Quads.
Very similar, but the Quads could push the bottom end as much as I wanted without ever feeling overly bassy.

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #314 of 931
I sent back my demos for the Duals and V3's, but held onto the Quads.
I included my impressions, so they are ready to go once I make a decision...

I got a tracking number today for a set of V6 demo's
basshead.gif

I'll post pics and a comparison between the Quads and V6's as soon as I can.

tongue_smile.gif
  I am soooo ready to pull the trigger on my first CIEM's

Nov 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #315 of 931
Quote:
I sent back my demos for the Duals and V3's, but held onto the Quads.
I included my impressions, so they are ready to go once I make a decision...

I got a tracking number today for a set of V6 demo's
basshead.gif

I'll post pics and a comparison between the Quads and V6's as soon as I can.

tongue_smile.gif
  I am soooo ready to pull the trigger on my first CIEM's

Are we able to ask 1964 for demos? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back