1964 EARS V6 Thread
Oct 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #151 of 931
Indeed, wallet friendly. I wonder how these compare with other 6 driver CIEMs.

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #152 of 931
grrrrr... I bought the triples at the beginning of the year, felt a bit of envy with the V3 and now this.  Why can't there be an upgrade program?
confused_face.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #157 of 931
Hey guys!

Not sure if this is any more insight than you already know, but I just spoke with 1964, and in conversation I brought up the V6 and how it compares to their other IEMs specifically the Quads which I have. From what I was told, the V6 is good for audiophiles in the fact that it has a very nice wide sound stage and it's really heavy on either lows, mids or highs. It's said to be balanced so that switching between all types of music is balanced as well as between different forms of media. Anyways, if the quality is anything like what I've been experiencing with the Q then I'm sure it would be a happy purchase! 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #158 of 931
I've sent in my new impressions early this week. I hope to be  getting my V6 in a week or two.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #159 of 931
Quote:
Hey guys!

Not sure if this is any more insight than you already know, but I just spoke with 1964, and in conversation I brought up the V6 and how it compares to their other IEMs specifically the Quads which I have. From what I was told, the V6 is good for audiophiles in the fact that it has a very nice wide sound stage and it's really heavy on either lows, mids or highs. It's said to be balanced so that switching between all types of music is balanced as well as between different forms of media. Anyways, if the quality is anything like what I've been experiencing with the Q then I'm sure it would be a happy purchase! 
ksc75smile.gif

That's really nice to know about the V6 as I also have the quads for two years and loving it. However, I see one big problem here...

I am dead broke XD

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #160 of 931
Just got this back from 1964 Ears:

Quote:
...we plan to run the promotion for a couple months. Afterwards the price will increase by about $50.

So for everyone who was wondering, looks like they'll be around $700-ish in a couple months. I'm actually surprised, I thought they would be increasing a good bit beyond that.

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #161 of 931
Quote:
Just got this back from 1964 Ears:

So for everyone who was wondering, looks like they'll be around $700-ish in a couple months. I'm actually surprised, I thought they would be increasing a good bit beyond that.

1964 EARS has always been about high quality and value for the buck in the customs world.

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #162 of 931
So has anyone tried them yet and can post impressions? I'm eager to hear what kind of sound signature these hold. Their facebook page indicated that it's more of a "audiophile sound," which lead me to believe they've tried to make something perceptively flat, perhaps more UE18 or UERM sounding?

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #163 of 931
Quote:
So has anyone tried them yet and can post impressions? I'm eager to hear what kind of sound signature these hold. Their facebook page indicated that it's more of a "audiophile sound," which lead me to believe they've tried to make something perceptively flat, perhaps more UE18 or UERM sounding?

Working on getting a pair. I sent in impressions, but something was wrong with the left ear impressions (I think). I have to resend impressions,  but I've been out of town (and even in the hospital for a brief stay - all is well though).  So I'm trying to get back on track. Need to post a couple of things on head-fi, sent out some product and get to the audiologist toward the middle of the week for new impressions. I think they will send them out as soon as possible as they want me to put impressions out, although someone might beat me to it (which is okay too).

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #164 of 931
Quote:

Well, from other's impressions those are far from the same sound. UERM is more of a mixing type sound and the UE18 more a stage monitor. Neither is truly an audiophile sig so my guess for the v6 would be a very low distortion device without a midbass hump with  an extended and full yet not excessive bass. 1964 doesn't seem to like extra sparkle but they do claim that the v6 is as extended as can be in the high frequency and perhaps uniquely so. These are tempting as they talk about using some new tech drivers for the first time.

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #165 of 931
Quote:

Working on getting a pair. I sent in impressions, but something was wrong with the left ear impressions (I think). I have to resend impressions,  but I've been out of town (and even in the hospital for a brief stay - all is well though).  So I'm trying to get back on track. Need to post a couple of things on head-fi, sent out some product and get to the audiologist toward the middle of the week for new impressions. I think they will send them out as soon as possible as they want me to put impressions out, although someone might beat me to it (which is okay too).

OMG....in the hospital!   Hope it wasn't something to do with all of those tunes you have locked in there?  Better now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back