1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 24, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #8,371 of 9,124
I don't know what the health benefit of these modules really is, but what i will say, is that my experience with them tells me that the provide an excellent way to tune the sound for different characteristics without really sacrificing anything, and that in my opinion is very welcome.

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #8,372 of 9,124
WCDchee : Health benefit? These modules make us do the A vs B debate in order to warmly discuss and peacefully understand each other. Good for your brain and your heart. Nothing effect to our ears. 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #8,373 of 9,124

I'll take customs anyday over fooling around with tips.  If someone else wants IEMs they can buy them.

One day I might settle on an IEM and decide I want a CIEM. But if you look at my profile you will see why I have never had them. I would lose a lot of $ when I sell them and obviously it can make it more difficult.

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #8,374 of 9,124
  It seems like people in this thread are good at satirizing others both direct and indirect. Haha. By the way, I think as same as stenog. It is too far beyond. Speaking of 2nd gen ADEL module started getting positive feedback. I hope APEX will unveil 2nd gen APEX module soon. Sciences on this kind of thing is really interesting and good to read. 

2nd gen ADEL module? Which are those?

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #8,375 of 9,124
  Just do what I'm doing - ignore it.  Its not worth it.  If he's serious, he should go talk to Stephen Ambrose - he's able to explain what the differences are, and not only that he can show the differences (scientifically).  They do handle pressure differently. The APEX modules are probably a little more consistent on sound - as you expect with a vent and a filter (and thats all it is).  In fact I liked the U10 sonically better with APEX than any other filter - but the U6 definitely with the MAM or B1.

No - I don't have alien ears, and I wouldn't stoop so low as to ridicule anyone either 
rolleyes.gif

Anyone who wants to know the differences - I'd suggest talk to Vitaliy, then talk to Stephen, and see which one makes more sense to you.

I've had the opportunity to try both and I'm convinced that the ADEL is making the difference. My tinnitus doesn't flare as much - and that is a real relief if I'm wearing the U6 for a few hours.  YMMV.  I make no claims - simply tell how it is for me.

At the end of the day though, if you listen too loud, then no matter what filter system you use, you're in for the same result (hearing loss).

And I'd like to once again commend Vitaliy and 64Audio for the U6.  I appreciate them more and more every time I use them.  Simply wonderful IEMs.

Sorry... I didn't mean to offend anyone.  Loud listening levels will for sure cause hearing loss and I think anyone using ether of these technologies will benefit because we will be able to keep the volume low and still enjoy the music.  When I switched from the M20 to the M15 module I found myself wanting to turn the volume down.  That in itself proved to me just how good these are.   

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #8,376 of 9,124
  One day I might settle on an IEM and decide I want a CIEM. But if you look at my profile you will see why I have never had them. I would lose a lot of $ when I sell them and obviously it can make it more difficult.

True you do take a hit when you sell them but my CIEMs get more use than anything else I own even my phone. I listen 10+ hours a day everyday and the convenience and comfort I get from having a perfect fit is worth it, that little slip when they slide in and that cold acrylic begins to heat up to body temperature and disappear...it's perfect.
biggrin.gif
  Also you tend to get the signature the creator intended more often with customs.  I'm learning from this Custom Art 8.2 demo just how much changing tips can change sound!  That can also be viewed as an advantage though, a sort of EQ without the detrimental increased processing from an often inferior DAC chip further up the line from your main DAC.  Plus for a lot of neutral-ish IEMs a very good custom seal will give you a little more bottom end which is often just what I like in a neutral signature-a small bump in the sub bass.  If I only used them a few hours here and there I probably wouldn't get customs.  If I changed IEMs often I wouldn't go custom either.  I've had my A12's since around the Kickstarter, what's that 2 years now?  They have been in my ears probably 98% of the days since then.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #8,377 of 9,124
True you do take a hit when you sell them but my CIEMs get more use than anything else I own even my phone. I listen 10+ hours a day everyday and the convenience and comfort I get from having a perfect fit is worth it, that little slip when they slide in and that cold acrylic begins to heat up to body temperature and disappear...it's perfect. :D   Also you tend to get the signature the creator intended more often with customs.  I'm learning from this Custom Art 8.2 demo just how much changing tips can change sound!  That can also be viewed as an advantage though, a sort of EQ without the detrimental increased processing from an often inferior DAC chip further up the line from your main DAC.  Plus for a lot of neutral-ish IEMs a very good custom seal will give you a little more bottom end which is often just what I like in a neutral signature-a small bump in the sub bass.  If I only used them a few hours here and there I probably wouldn't get customs.  If I changed IEMs often I wouldn't go custom either.  I've had my A12's since around the Kickstarter, what's that 2 years now?  They have been in my ears probably 98% of the days since then.

I get it man. One day if and when my HeadFi addiction wanes I may settle on a pair. I never change my go to tips and haven't for quite a few IEM's now, JVC Spiral Dot. With the wide bore there is little obstruction to affect the sound and the L seal tight.

I have tried to lay low on changing IEM's just like writing reviews, I swear I would never do another, and I don't write near the volume I am asked to do. I enjoy hearing different signatures but when I look at my own profile I wince at the dollars spent on that list.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #8,379 of 9,124
Mar 24, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #8,381 of 9,124
Yes, It was said that it can be replacable therefore It has been called "Module" (But it is big). Anyway, It is 2nd gen of ADEL.

"Back in 2014, we successfully raised $650,000 for the first generation of ADEL™ technology, and delivered quality products to over 1,200 backers, with delivery starting just three months after launch!  We responded to thousands of comments and delivered nearly 100 updates to our happy backers.  Kickstarter chose us as a "Staff Pick" because our earlier product was so impactful.  And now, our next generation product is ready for manufacturing."

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #8,382 of 9,124
  Yes, It was said that it can be replacable therefore It has been called "Module" (But it is big). Anyway, It is 2nd gen of ADEL.

Don't think it is a "2nd gen", just an open iem style for people that want to try it. Probably very similar to the MAM halfway open. Where do you see that it is replaceable?

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #8,383 of 9,124
bavinck : I'm not quite sure where that sentence is. Maybe shown in this site or in ADEL Drum Head-fi thread by Steve, Canyon Runner.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #8,384 of 9,124
  bavinck : I'm not quite sure where that sentence is. Maybe shown in this site or in ADEL Drum Head-fi thread by Steve, Canyon Runner.

If you see it again, please post. I know I asked Steve about a problem I am having with my MAM module and he indicated the Drum IEM was built in a similar fasion. Maybe I misunderstood him.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #8,385 of 9,124
AtlanticProSnd : Yes, From the shape, I always think that it is IEMs. Earbuds should be something likes senhiser MX500 using with sponges. Since I have learnt English as the second language. I may be wrong. Could you confirm me the definition of "Earbuds"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back