1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 23, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #8,356 of 9,124
Mar 23, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #8,357 of 9,124

I have been in this business for over 30 years and can tell you that both technology's relief in ear pressure equally.  One acts like a bottom drum head and the other acts like a vent.  Both do the same thing just in different ways.  I like most here, happen to like the vented version.
Sorry!    

​Go argue with Brooko then. He already mentioned with ADEL his tinnitus doesn't act up however with Apex his tinnitus says hello

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #8,359 of 9,124

I have been in this business for over 30 years and can tell you that both technology's relief in ear pressure equally.  One acts like a bottom drum head and the other acts like a vent.  Both do the same thing just in different ways.  I like most here, happen to like the vented version.
Sorry!    

​Go argue with Brooko then. He already mentioned with ADEL his tinnitus doesn't act up however with Apex his tinnitus says hello

Pretty much everyone with tinnitus who has tried ADEL has said that ADEL helps with their tinnitus whereas I haven't heard anyone that has said that APEX does the same.

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #8,360 of 9,124
Pretty much everyone with tinnitus who has tried ADEL has said that ADEL helps with their tinnitus whereas I haven't heard anyone that has said that APEX does the same.

Same here.

I've been testing the M15 and M20. I really like the M15, for sound quality. But it does not have the open-back feel of the B1 module, and there's no question as to the increase in pressure. Fortunately I don't suffer from tinnitus, so that pressure doesn't hurt me. But eventually it could. The point of ADEL is not only to ease the suffering of those who have tinnitus, but to help prevent that sort of damage in the first place.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #8,362 of 9,124
My order confirmed and will ship tomorrow. I wanted it asap, so i chose one day ship. I expected to get u12 this weekend but it will deliver on monday. Well if i know they use fedex for shipping, i wouldn't choose one day shipping. Fedex doesn't ship on weekend =.=.

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #8,363 of 9,124

Not arg

Not arguing with anyone just stating facts.  He must have non-human ears.

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #8,364 of 9,124
  ADEL modules (I've S1, B1 and MAM) are more fatigue free than APEX says my ears.

Ok... another pair of alien ears.  Their is no way these two technologies don't relieve the internal pressure of the human ears in the same way.

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #8,365 of 9,124
Same here.

I've been testing the M15 and M20. I really like the M15, for sound quality. But it does not have the open-back feel of the B1 module, and there's no question as to the increase in pressure. Fortunately I don't suffer from tinnitus, so that pressure doesn't hurt me. But eventually it could. The point of ADEL is not only to ease the suffering of those who have tinnitus, but to help prevent that sort of damage in the first place.

Actually the internal pressure is less with the APEX then the ADEL.  The ADEL has a membrane much like a drum head that takes pressure to move it. (it also has a reaction that tunes what you hear in a negative way)  APEX is a controlled vent that relieves the pressure more freely.  Nothing for the air pressure to push against and move.  This is why the APEX sounds better.

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #8,366 of 9,124
  ADEL modules (I've S1, B1 and MAM) are more fatigue free than APEX says my

The ADEL is like blowing into a balloon.  APEX is like blowing into the air.  Which one takes more pressure?  The only thing I can think of is the fact that the tinnitus sufferers may feel it is worse because of the more isolated sound you get with the APEX.  You hear less ambient noise therefore you hear more of the effects of the tinnitus.

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #8,367 of 9,124
My order confirmed and will ship tomorrow. I wanted it asap, so i chose one day ship. I expected to get u12 this weekend but it will deliver on monday. Well if i know they use fedex for shipping, i wouldn't choose one day shipping. Fedex doesn't ship on weekend =.=.

I know the feeling.  It is worth the wait.  Congrats!
beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #8,369 of 9,124
Just do what I'm doing - ignore it.  Its not worth it.  If he's serious, he should go talk to Stephen Ambrose - he's able to explain what the differences are, and not only that he can show the differences (scientifically).  They do handle pressure differently. The APEX modules are probably a little more consistent on sound - as you expect with a vent and a filter (and thats all it is).  In fact I liked the U10 sonically better with APEX than any other filter - but the U6 definitely with the MAM or B1.

No - I don't have alien ears, and I wouldn't stoop so low as to ridicule anyone either 
rolleyes.gif

Anyone who wants to know the differences - I'd suggest talk to Vitaliy, then talk to Stephen, and see which one makes more sense to you.

I've had the opportunity to try both and I'm convinced that the ADEL is making the difference. My tinnitus doesn't flare as much - and that is a real relief if I'm wearing the U6 for a few hours.  YMMV.  I make no claims - simply tell how it is for me.

At the end of the day though, if you listen too loud, then no matter what filter system you use, you're in for the same result (hearing loss).

And I'd like to once again commend Vitaliy and 64Audio for the U6.  I appreciate them more and more every time I use them.  Simply wonderful IEMs.

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #8,370 of 9,124
It seems like people in this thread are good at satirizing others both direct and indirect. Haha. By the way, I think as same as stenog. It is too far beyond. Speaking of 2nd gen ADEL module started getting positive feedback. I hope APEX will unveil 2nd gen APEX module soon. Sciences on this kind of thing is really interesting and good to read. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back