1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 23, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #8,326 of 9,124
Based on your criticisms of Vega, I think you'll enjoy the combination of U12, m15, and WM1A.

I hope so. I love everything of the vega except the treble. It's too much for me. I almost pulled the trigger for k10 encore, but after read a few reviews i changed my mind to the u12. For sure i will miss the vega's bass.
Right now i don't know exactly what does apex does and will it help my hearing or not. I just look for a warm side iem.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #8,327 of 9,124

Based on your criticisms of Vega, I think you'll enjoy the combination of U12, m15, and WM1A.

I hope so. I love everything of the vega except the treble. It's too much for me. I almost pulled the trigger for k10 encore, but after read a few reviews i changed my mind to the u12. For sure i will miss the vega's bass.
Right now i don't know exactly what does apex does and will it help my hearing or not. I just look for a warm side iem.

Welcome to the dark side my friend. For in U12 you shall find utter darkness.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #8,328 of 9,124
Not trying to diss anyone's tech here, but until there's been scientific evidence to show that ADEL actually has, in a controlled study environment resulted in less noise induced hearing loss over a period of time, while APEX doesn't, I wouldn't refrain from making such claims.

Personally, the way I understand the ear, I don't quite buy into the idea. Having said that, I'm no expert and may very well be wrong.

Now if you personally find one tech to reduce listening fatigue or tinnitus or whatever it is over the other, then yes please feel free to go ahead and make that claim as brooko often does, I can't dispute that. He's not the only one, a couple of people have that experience. While I cannot quite fathom it, I respect that they know what they're experiencing, and if listening fatigue ever were a problem for someone, he or she should probably give them a go and see what happens.

But until there's proper scientific evidence stating that one actually objectively reduces hearing loss, not by inductive reasoning but rather by hard end evidence and the other doesn't, I wouldn't put it that way.

I tend to agree.  Regarding the tinnitus aspect, my tinnitus shows up most prevalently in very quiet environments, and then is less noticeable when it blends in with the white noise of day to day living.  So from my perspective, a great sealing iem creates that quiet condition, and so my tinnitus is more noticeable.  Having said that, I believe any iem with venting, be it Adel or semi open iems will reduce the effects of tinnitus due to the amount of ambient noise that may be present.  Also, I can't help but think the same venting designs of various iems (including Adel) would help with the tragus effect, but would not be unique solely to Adel. I also understand that some vented iems only vent between a driver and the outside, and would not be effective.  Just my opinion, backed with no scientific evidence.

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #8,329 of 9,124
  ADEL are healthy for your ears, new APEX are not. SQ wise it's subjective and depends on person to person

That statement is not true.  APEX are just as safe as the ADEL however the APEX sounds better as most have stated here.
What studies have you done???

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #8,330 of 9,124
  Maybe this will help...

https://asiustechnologies.com/blogs/now-hear-this/setting-the-record-straight-adel-vs-apex-modules (Previously, there was an article here. However you may find other articles related to the proven evidence via the official blog.)

http://www.64audio.com/blog/2017/02/20/correcting-the-record/

Read the true fact about APEX below:

The makers of the ADEL have been spreading roomers and bad mouthing 64 Audio's APEX modules ever since the breakup.  The truth is that 64 Audio were fed up with the failures and the slow supply of modules.  My order of ADEL MAM modules were never shipped and customer service from them is not good.  I'm glad 64 Audio is now making the APEX as I have auditioned all modules except the MAM's and hands down the M15 is the best sounding of them all.  I can listen to the A12's with the M15's all day every day of the week and never get fatigue.  I can't do that with other CIEM's.   

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #8,331 of 9,124
  Are the current any better or same as the previous ADEL modules (S1, G1, G1)?

I feel the M15's are a perfect match for the A12's  I have listened to them all.

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #8,332 of 9,124
U10 + ADEL G1 + Audioworks Hybrid balanced + AK380 BLACK DAP+AMP = awesome sound experience

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #8,333 of 9,124
  U10 + ADEL G1 + Audioworks Hybrid balanced + AK380 BLACK DAP+AMP = awesome sound experience

Nice!  I wish I would have tried the G1's when I auditioned the U10's  
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #8,334 of 9,124
  Welcome to the dark side my friend. For in U12 you shall find utter darkness.

What modules are you using with your A12's

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #8,335 of 9,124
  I don't think that anyone can dispute that loud noise can lead to hearing loss or damage, pressure or no pressure. I'm just keeping it simple. :)

True!  The first thing I noticed when I installed the M15 module is that I could turn down the volume quite a bit and still get that great sound.  When using IEM's / CIEM's you should start with the volume lower then you might like for the first 15 to 20 minutes so your ears can relax with the foreign object in them.  Then if you feel it's not loud enough turn it up slowly.

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #8,337 of 9,124
I just ordered a u12 and m15. What are differences between m15 and m20 ? Can i use adel modules with my u12 ?

My m15 vs m20 mini-review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/7515#post_13164605

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #8,338 of 9,124
Any differences in sq between a12 and u12 ?

The A12's will have better isolation and will be more comfortable.  Also by placing the sound bores closer to the ear drum it will sound a little better and consistent.  The downside is that the A12's would not be usable by anyone but you and will take 5 weeks to build.

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #8,339 of 9,124

The A12's will have better isolation and will be more comfortable.  Also by placing the sound bores closer to the ear drum it will sound a little better and consistent.  The downside is that the A12's would not be usable by anyone but you and will take 5 weeks to build.

I'll take customs anyday over fooling around with tips.  If someone else wants IEMs they can buy them.

Mar 23, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #8,340 of 9,124

ADEL are healthy for your ears, new APEX are not. SQ wise it's subjective and depends on person to person

That statement is not true.  APEX are just as safe as the ADEL however the APEX sounds better as most have stated here.
What studies have you done???

Maybe this will help...

https://asiustechnologies.com/blogs/now-hear-this/setting-the-record-straight-adel-vs-apex-modules (Previously, there was an article here. However you may find other articles related to the proven evidence via the official blog.)

Read the true fact about APEX below:

The makers of the ADEL have been spreading roomers and bad mouthing 64 Audio's APEX modules ever since the breakup.  The truth is that 64 Audio were fed up with the failures and the slow supply of modules.  My order of ADEL MAM modules were never shipped and customer service from them is not good.  I'm glad 64 Audio is now making the APEX as I have auditioned all modules except the MAM's and hands down the M15 is the best sounding of them all.  I can listen to the A12's with the M15's all day every day of the week and never get fatigue.  I can't do that with other CIEM's.   

ADEL contains the proprietary membrane that absorbs pneumatic pressure generated when an IEM is sealed inside the ear. APEX is just a vented design. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back