1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 4, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #6,451 of 9,124
  Looking forward to a basshead's take on the MAM fully closed vs S1.

Edited cos it was apparently a waste of time being helpful to this Taggerung.

Sep 4, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #6,452 of 9,124
I've tried to read a bit through this thread, but it is absolutely huge. Does U10 have the same impedance matching sensitivity issues as the U12 (designed for live equipment)?

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #6,453 of 9,124
  I've tried to read a bit through this thread, but it is absolutely huge. Does U10 have the same impedance matching sensitivity issues as the U12 (designed for live equipment)?

64 said U10 was designed for the audiophile, so I assume that means to work well with low impedance sources.

Sep 4, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #6,454 of 9,124
I felt the U10 sounded fine through my Mojo and Fiio X3ii, both are low impedance sources. Brooko's graphs suggest that adding an impedance adapter helps with attenuating the low frequencies even on the U10.

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #6,455 of 9,124
  On the A8, the MAM fully closed provides a bit more thump to the bass, and more sound isolation than S1.

Thanks for the input and no offense towards you, but I only consider a few to be true bassheads on head-fi. They would be those who contributed their lists on the basshead iem thread and who continue to test and trial potential new entries.

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #6,456 of 9,124
Hi guys,

Been following this thread for a while now. Some interesting stuff was posted here in the past week.

@Brooko it would have been interesting to see what a closed or plugged S1 or B1 module looked like. I'm curious to see how it would compare against a closed MAM. Just plug up the vent hole on the S1 or B1 with something (maybe even your finger?) and see how it compares with a MAM.

Sep 4, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #6,457 of 9,124
  Thanks for the input and no offense towards you, but I only consider a few to be true bassheads on head-fi. They would be those who contributed their lists on the basshead iem thread and who continue to test and trial potential new entries.

no thanks for how you respond to someone trying to be helpful

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #6,460 of 9,124
I can't speak for thee balanced cable, but the Linum non balanced are thin and sound great:

http://www.linum.dk/webshop/

US Seller
http://www.libertyhealthsupply.com/Linum-Balanced-Cable-p/lhs-a16182.htm

Thank you. It looks interesting, but a few hours ago I ordered a new type 2 litz occ silver cable from Headphone Lounge. For 250$ I got the IEM balanced cable and the adaptor cable for 2.5mm to 3.5mm connection. I was about to buy the Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1, but I finally decide to choose the 100% silver cable.

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #6,464 of 9,124
Yeah, I've seen it remarked the A/U8 is the best for those who play bass guitar or drums on stage.

However, I would suggest going custom again. Just because you don't need the hassle of a less than perfect fit while going nuts on the drum set. Custom molds were invented for this purpose.

By all accounts, 64 Audio is a wonderful company that will work very closely with you to make sure your needs are met. I would trust them to make a splendid CIEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back