1964 Ears Adel IEMs
May 2, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #5,071 of 9,124
Got it.  Thank you for the suggestions.  I ordered my U6's this morning.  Estimate is 3-4 weeks before ship.  Ouch!  I hope this estimate is pessimistic.  I eagerly await their arrival.  :L3000:

My U6 shipped today! I just ordered 3 days ago. Those awesome folks over at 64 Audio must be working their @$$e$ off! Cheers, 64 Audio!

May 3, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #5,073 of 9,124
Went home for a lunch break and found the MAM + mic cable in the mailbox!

May 3, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #5,075 of 9,124
Finally they are back!

Before:

After:

Has just a few hours with the A8 and for those V6S and V8 owners who where on the fence for the upgrade, JUST DO IT! I can immediately tell it is well worth the price to upgrade maybe 15 seconds into my first track with the A8.

Cheers

May 3, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #5,077 of 9,124
Impressions?

I seem to be having a problem with one of the MAM (right - red), it is turning loosely and goes turn to turn around 3 rounds, with no obvious changes in sound. I've already PM Steve (aka CanyonRunner) to verify if that is a problem.

As for the left (blue), I can certainly feel the change and I like in almost fully open - as some of those who commented earlier :- reduction in sub bass, improved treble, and wider sound stage.

May 3, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #5,078 of 9,124
Impressions?

I've been using my K10U for the past 3 hours after coming home from work; just now I changed to the U12 with the MAM fully open, and the difference in soundstage is unbelievable O_O
As for closed vs open, it's the same as what everyone else says :)

May 3, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #5,079 of 9,124
I've been using my K10U for the past 3 hours after coming home from work; just now I changed to the U12 with the MAM fully open, and the difference in soundstage is unbelievable O_O
As for closed vs open, it's the same as what everyone else says :)

After you've had sufficient time to compare both, would you mind providing a more in depth comparison?

May 3, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #5,080 of 9,124
One small thing with IEMs fitted with modules  - they're not great when walking outside when it's a little windy! 

I was out over the weekend listening to some podcasts, and when there was a breeze it blew across the pinholes. It reminded me of driving along a motorway with the window open an inch. 

This won't bother anyone that does their listening indoors or on public transport, but worth bearing in mind if you wander outside with your 'phones...

May 3, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #5,081 of 9,124
One small thing with IEMs fitted with modules  - they're not great when walking outside when it's a little windy! 

I was out over the weekend listening to some podcasts, and when there was a breeze it blew across the pinholes. It reminded me of driving along a motorway with the window open an inch. 

This won't bother anyone that does their listening indoors or on public transport, but worth bearing in mind if you wander outside with your 'phones...

I assume the MAMs would remedy this issue? Is fully closed on the MAMs truly fully closed?

May 3, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #5,082 of 9,124
I assume the MAMs would remedy this issue? Is fully closed on the MAMs truly fully closed?

Yes closed on the MAM is no different than capping the vent hole on the auto modules, so if that's the actual issue then yeah it would indeed fix that. Personally, I listen to podcasts while I walk with my A12s all the time (it's sorta rare that I listen to music when I'm out wandering around), I've always found the wind to me more of an issue simply because it's hitting my ear and resonating. Then sounds much louder because I have something in my ear and it turns your ear into an amplifier for that sound. Sorta like when you rub your ear, then rub your ear with a finger jammed in there, it's much louder when its plugged.

I'm not saying that what @Wilderbeast described isn't happening, hole + wind blowing over it = whistles, that's just how whistles work haha.
I'm just saying in my personal experience, I notice the wind hitting my ear more, that's all. 

May 3, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #5,083 of 9,124
I wouldn't call it an issue or a problem, just an observation.

Hearing the wind while wearing IEMs is normal - it's low pitched, a bit like your breath, which is amplified too.

But this is quite different - what I experience is higher pitched, and when I gently blocked the hole with my fingers the sound and pitch of the wind decreased immediately. It didn't bother me, and it wasn't constant; I only heard it when the wind was blowing from in front or behind, across the holes (think flute).

If you were wearing the manual modules I presume you could just close them until the wind died down or changed direction!

I thought it was just me that didn't listen to music on the go. In fact, I almost never do - it's mostly podcasts or audiobooks.

May 3, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #5,084 of 9,124
I wouldn't call it an issue or a problem, just an observation.

Hearing the wind while wearing IEMs is normal - it's low pitched, a bit like your breath, which is amplified too.

But this is quite different - what I experience is higher pitched, and when I gently blocked the hole with my fingers the sound and pitch of the wind decreased immediately. It didn't bother me, and it wasn't constant; I only heard it when the wind was blowing from in front or behind, across the holes (think flute).

If you were wearing the manual modules I presume you could just close them until the wind died down or changed direction!

I thought it was just me that didn't listen to music on the go. In fact, I almost never do - it's mostly podcasts or audiobooks.

I totally know what you mean/meant, no worries. Didn't take it as a bad thing at all. And We're in the same boat with podcasts haha. I only really listen to music with my A12s anymore if I'm testing stuff out, it seems. I actually responded to a twitter question the other day on 64's account, some guy asked why we even bothered offering a mic cable with the IEMs when "nobody would ever listen to their IEMs outside of performing or a studio".

Needless to say, I clued him in on how common IEMs are outside of the music business and how huge the CIEM world is for every day use, not just for musicians. He was really surprised and understood why we had mic cables after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back