1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 9, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #4,681 of 9,124
^ yes, I agree. It didn't make a difference in terms of sound changes.

Btw, @EagleWings, I'm pretty sure inearspace guys received both units for review and didn't buy it :wink: I'm not saying they did a bad job, but I did enjoy reading your genuine perspective on A10 vs A12 comparison.

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #4,682 of 9,124
  That's not really how it works. You won't notice much of a difference by pulling it half way out. I know both Alex & I have done that on the testing benches just out of curiosity and as long as the module is sealing, then it'll be like a normal Auto Module. You're changing the space/volume in the ear canal/iem sealed area, but not the tension on the membrane or the amount of ambient porting.

^ yes, I agree. It didn't make a difference in terms of sound changes.

Btw, @EagleWings, I'm pretty sure inearspace guys received both units for review and didn't buy it
wink.gif
I'm not saying they did a bad job, but I did enjoy reading your genuine perspective on A10 vs A12 comparison.

Gentlemen, thanks for clearing that up. I guess it was just a placebo effect after all. Regardless, these IEMs have impressed me. Just got my impressions done. Will be placing the order soon.

@twister6, thank you for your kind words. Sonny's (inearspace) Intro to the review on Page 1, gave me the impression that he actually purchased the IEMs. He really nailed it on describing the differences between the 2.

Apr 9, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #4,683 of 9,124
I received an email from 64 Audio in regards to MAMs shipping out for Kickstarter backers but they only mentioned the A Series backers.  When do the U Series backer's MAMs ship?

Apr 9, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #4,684 of 9,124
I received an email from 64 Audio in regards to MAMs shipping out for Kickstarter backers but they only mentioned the A Series backers.  When do the U Series backer's MAMs ship?

It was a very confusing email coz it started out referring to A and U, but for shipping dates, it only mentioned A series ...

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #4,685 of 9,124
 To my ears the trick with half inserting the auto module actually does make a difference. I can only speak for myself. But I definitely hear a difference and  mostly for the better. I can make the sound more spacious and smoother. The sound characteristics stay more or less the same, but just a tad more spacious and less 'in your face'. On the other hand, the precise positioning of the layers suffers. I prefer halfway pulled out..

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #4,686 of 9,124
I would appreciate any comparative reviews between the U6 and U12, or user comments from those of you who have listened to, and/or owned these two IEMs. For me, it is not about the money or the number of drivers... but is all about the sound.

I like many others at Head-Fi, have many mid-level and top level IEMs. I am struggling  with making a purchase choice of either the U6 or U12.

I would really appreciate some comparisons. I enjoy jazz, rock, pop, and really don't listen to rap, electronic, or other more modern music. I also do not consider myself a bass-head. I do enjoy a balanced sound with some punch, and really appreciate sound separation, imaging, and soundstage. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #4,687 of 9,124
  I would appreciate any comparative reviews between the U6 and U12, or user comments from those of you who have listened to, and/or owned these two IEMs. For me, it is not about the money or the number of drivers... but is all about the sound.

I like many others at Head-Fi, have many mid-level and top level IEMs. I am struggling  with making a purchase choice of either the U6 or U12.

I would really appreciate some comparisons. I enjoy jazz, rock, pop, and really don't listen to rap, electronic, or other more modern music. I also do not consider myself a bass-head. I do enjoy a balanced sound with some punch, and really appreciate sound separation, imaging, and soundstage. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

U12 is a refine version of the U6, taking everything a notch higher.

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #4,688 of 9,124
Couple of things I missed to add in my U10, U12 Impressions:

1. These IEMS definitely need a lot of brain burn-in. Takes quite a while to get used to the presentation and notice all the subtleties.
2. Both units are very forgiving. The U12 being the most forgiving. 
3. I was concerned about the lack of treble on these IEMs based on reading some impressions. For my preferences, these posses sufficient quantity. It is does not have a lot of sparkle and may lack a bit of the brightness (I am referring to the good type of brightness here). But these IEMs do have the air and the extension. It may not satisfy the trebleheads or the ones seeking a bright sound. Yes, that includes the U10.
    Some points of reference to describe where I stand on treble preference: 
   -Sennheiser IE80: In terms of quantity all 3 are on the same level. U10 seems to exhibit a bit more texture though.
   -Westone W40: (Speaking from Memory) I am not sure if it was the just the W40 unit I tried, or if all units are like that, but the W40 seemed to lack treble. In comparison both U10 and U12 have more and better treble.
   -Earsonics Velvets (Speaking from Memory): Excellent sparkle, texture and air. Rivals the treble quality of the U10. But the treble on the Velvets was too splashy for my taste and was causing fatigue after a while

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #4,690 of 9,124
Apr 10, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #4,691 of 9,124
  the IE80 being DD will offer the nice sparkle which even the multi-BAs will not be able to achieve.

Direct opposite of my experience between DD and BA.  The mid-range and treble is where BA's shine.  Bass is where the DD's usually have dominance.  When you're talking about multi-drivers though, it all comes down to skill with the crossovers and tuning.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #4,692 of 9,124
I have not heard too many Multi-BA IEMs. The ones I have heard are Earsonics Velvet & S-EM 9, Audiofly AF180, Westone W40 and 64Audio U10 & U12. The sparkle I thought I heard on the BA IEMs initially, turned into sounding metallic after a while. The sparkle on my IE80 is rather very organic. YMMV.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #4,693 of 9,124

Direct opposite of my experience between DD and BA.  The mid-range and treble is where BA's shine.  Bass is where the DD's usually have dominance.  When you're talking about multi-drivers though, it all comes down to skill with the crossovers and tuning.

up against akt8ie, dita truth, ie80 etc?  the highs of the ba is not well extended and is artificial

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #4,694 of 9,124
  up against akt8ie, dita truth, ie80 etc?  the highs of the ba is not well extended and is artificial

You are talking about specific tuning of specific IEMs.  The statement you made:

DD will offer the nice sparkle which even the multi-BAs will not be able to achieve.

is a generalisation which personally I haven't found to be true.  Mind you I haven't heard those particular DD IEMs.

Why do you think in top end hybrid IEMs manufacturers usually combine multi-BAs for the highs and mids, and DDs for the lows?

Anyway - we are getting off-topic here.

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #4,695 of 9,124
Anyone using the U10/A10 with a Mojo?

I have seen multiple reports that, Mojo is not the best source for U12/A12. Wondering if anyone has tried it with the U10/A10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back