1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 10, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #4,711 of 9,124

Thanks buddy. We really appreciate all the great and hard work all you folks at 64Audio and Asius are putting into this. Now that I got to listen to the ADEL series IEMs, I am looking forward to the MAMs and the changes/improvements it will bring about. 

Cool. I think there is a high probability that I will buy the Mojo after I receive my A10. Good times ahead!

You're welcome, it's my/our pleasure. We feel bad for how long it's taken to get the MAMs to everybody. But in all honesty, Asius is a 6 person crew. So things like CanJam, licensing meetings out of state, etc, it slows things down. I'm confident that at least most people will really love the MAMs when the get to the public.

I think it'll be a really good showing of how subjective each individual ear is, since you tune to one at time, rather than playing with an EQ for both ears. The more types of headphones Stephen modifies (yes, we're working on more than just IEMs), I think the people interested in audio, will actually learn/understand how we hear, rather than the usual routine of read review, purchase & plug-in.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #4,712 of 9,124
Maybe someone can help me with the U12. . Even tough these are 12 drivers units and the sound characteristics are pretty well detail by others , they do feel as the module will cut the power of that signature.

I am assuming that is he core intent of the modules and reducing the power , reduces the stress over the ear delicate internals.

However I am not sure if the tips are impacting the performance?. 

Does anyone have a better tips than the ones shipped from 64 Audio

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #4,713 of 9,124
  Maybe someone can help me with the U12. . Even tough these are 12 drivers units and the sound characteristics are pretty well detail by others , they do feel as the module will cut the power of that signature.

I am assuming that is he core intent of the modules and reducing the power , reduces the stress over the ear delicate internals.

If you feel the performance of U12 is not quite up to par, could be due to fit and seal from the ear tip.

Some of the more popular alternatives discussed earlier. http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/4245#post_12446693

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #4,714 of 9,124
I would say that the best pairing so far that I try using my U12 is the Questyle QP1R. It is so detailed yet musical and almost no compromise in any SQ. The bass is tight and deep and textured. The mids are detailed and quite lush. The treble is also very detailed and never sibilant. The soundstage is wide and is well layered. It's the best so far that I manage to pair. I never liked using the U12 with the Mojo (sorry Chord). I do not know what exactly that i do not really like but I do not like the pairing.

If you feel the performance of U12 is not quite up to par, could be due to fit and seal from the ear tip.

Some of the more popular alternatives discussed earlier. http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/4245#post_12446693

The best tips that i tried so far is using JVC Spiral Dots mod with added Comply foam. It tightens up the bass and increase the clarity of the overall sound (like removing a veil from the nozzel opening).

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #4,715 of 9,124

Eric is right, odds are it's the tips.

The module infact lets the BAs work to their full potential by unloading the speaker, rather than having them held still by fighting a trapped volume of pressure against your ear drum. Sorta like if you're blowing up a balloon with your mouth, after a point when you pause, that pressure wants to escape back out into your mouth, right? Same thing happens in the ear canal, the pressure can hold the ear drum still as well as make the speaker/armature hold itself still. So with the module, that is gone and now the speaker & ear drum are unloaded, to work to their full capacity by allowing that pressure to escape and taper off.

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #4,716 of 9,124
Which spinfit model should I get for 64 Audio IEMs?

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #4,717 of 9,124
Which spinfit model should I get for 64 Audio IEMs?

Spinfit CP100; I think these are the ones I've tried and fit pretty snug.  Could only find medium size on amazon though.  Nvm was being dumb they have almost all the sizes... all individually sold though it seems.

http://www.amazon.com/SpinFit-CP100-CP100-M/dp/B01B793SLU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1460404268&sr=1-2&keywords=spin+fit

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #4,718 of 9,124
Get them from here:

http://empireears.com/store/accessories/value-pack-4-pairs-of-choice/

You can choose 4 different sizes if you want or get a couple pairs.

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #4,719 of 9,124
Thanks.
Ordered a pair of small and medium on Amazon.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #4,721 of 9,124
  Will the manual modules that will be in the online store soon be the clickable kind or not?

The clickable MAMs are sorta stagnant at this point. We have like 4 versions of them in the lab, but since the desire for them has started to taper off (since people have started getting the MAMs and decided a click isn't needed), they're sorta on the back burner. I'm still not sure if they will be finalized and put into production at this point, but I know Stephen has said that if they are, he isn't 100% happy with the versions we have currently, so he wants to perfect it first. He's working about 10 other products at this point.

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #4,722 of 9,124
Got my A3s a few weeks ago. These are my first exploration into CIEMs and I have a few questions for the experienced folk.

When I got my impressions done, my left ear bothered me a bit, soreness, tenderness, she really put those cotton balls deep. The IEM isn't much different. The left side will bother me sometimes. It also feels like the fit is slightly different on each side.. like the seal is stronger at a different spot or depth on the left than on the right. Also, when I tap or rub the outside of the earbud with my finger (while they're in my ears), the left side sounds more solid and insulated, more of a thump, lower pitched.. the right side has more highs.. like comparing 50 to 100hz. Idk if that's a result of the seal difference? or just that the lefts go in a millimeter deeper or however much? I'd like to get that either shaved down a little or just get new impressions. It shouldn't hurt at all. 

And what if I wanted to upgrade to the A6? Is that possible within the 30 days or no? If it's just for the sake of upgrading then I'd understand if they didn't want to chuck a perfectly fine A3. I think I can get a redo on the impressions if I'm not satisfied, but if they're going to make a whole new .. earbud? casing? (is there a better term for this?), then what would be the added expense in an upgrade from there standpoint? And if I'm just passed the 30 days, how lenient is 64? I was a part of a big group order so the exact date is iffy.. and I've honestly been too busy and stressed to call lately.

I know the A6 has a peak in the mids too, but I can't help but feel like the added bottom end would balance them out more. I just can't imagine shelling out the cash for A10s.. just not in the budget really... but if they're going to last 10+ years, it might be a smart investment. 

My opinion on the sound: note that I listened to these on my mac/itunes with WAV files, and iphone at lovely 320kbps (sarcasm). 

The graph (at least in the case of the A3), is pretty accurate. The mids are very present, the vocals are right there in my ear. It lacks thump and bottom. The highs are nice, but somewhat overcome by the mids, unless you're really listening for them. It's a great IEM for live use, for keys/guitar.. but I can't imagine being a bass player or drummer with these (get the U/A4s at least). 
I'm honestly not all that impressed. Judging from the graph, I was worried they'd lack bass, and they do. Yes, the ADEL system is awesome, the soundstage is wide, I do hear things I didn't before with crappy buds.. but 700 bucks?? This isn't how I imagined buds costing literally 25x the price of my old buds would sound. I guess the market defines how they quantify how much this increment of an upgrade would cost (plus they're customs). For example, when I upgraded my car stereo from stock, only adding an Alpine head unit and polk door/rear speakers, I was wowed, and that was maybe tripling the price of what I assume the stock system would cost. These A3s cost 25x more and don't wow me nearly as much.
A little disappointed. Should've went with the A6, though A10s look like my ideal sound signature. Ok, rant over.  Would mojo/X7/Hugo etc. make much of a difference? I feel like the sound signature is what it is. messing with EQ on itunes didn't do much. In fact, increasing bass slightly resulted in slight distortion, even at low volumes.. and cutting mids resulted in just a less than quality sound. the "rock" preset on the iphone helped with some electronic music, but overall I felt like I was losing some quality.

feedback is much appreciated. 

btw- listen to Julia Brightly by Caribou. M83 too. These gave me some "wows" with the A3s. 

Apr 12, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #4,723 of 9,124
Got my A3s a few weeks ago. These are my first exploration into CIEMs and I have a few questions for the experienced folk.

When I got my impressions done, my left ear bothered me a bit, soreness, tenderness, she really put those cotton balls deep. The IEM isn't much different. The left side will bother me sometimes. It also feels like the fit is slightly different on each side.. like the seal is stronger at a different spot or depth on the left than on the right. Also, when I tap or rub the outside of the earbud with my finger (while they're in my ears), the left side sounds more solid and insulated, more of a thump, lower pitched.. the right side has more highs.. like comparing 50 to 100hz. Idk if that's a result of the seal difference? or just that the lefts go in a millimeter deeper or however much? I'd like to get that either shaved down a little or just get new impressions. It shouldn't hurt at all. 

And what if I wanted to upgrade to the A6? Is that possible within the 30 days or no? If it's just for the sake of upgrading then I'd understand if they didn't want to chuck a perfectly fine A3. I think I can get a redo on the impressions if I'm not satisfied, but if they're going to make a whole new .. earbud? casing? (is there a better term for this?), then what would be the added expense in an upgrade from there standpoint? And if I'm just passed the 30 days, how lenient is 64? I was a part of a big group order so the exact date is iffy.. and I've honestly been too busy and stressed to call lately.

I know the A6 has a peak in the mids too, but I can't help but feel like the added bottom end would balance them out more. I just can't imagine shelling out the cash for A10s.. just not in the budget really... but if they're going to last 10+ years, it might be a smart investment. 

My opinion on the sound:

The graph (at least in the case of the A3), is pretty accurate. The mids are very present, the vocals are right there in my ear. It lacks thump and bottom. The highs are nice, but somewhat overcome by the mids, unless you're really listening for them. It's a great IEM for live use, for keys/guitar.. but I can't imagine being a bass player or drummer with these (get the U/A4s at least). 
I'm honestly not all that impressed. Judging from the graph, I was worried they'd lack bass, and they do. Yes, the ADEL system is awesome, the soundstage is wide, I do hear things I didn't before with crappy buds.. but 700 bucks?? This isn't how I imagined buds costing literally 25x the price of my old buds would sound. I guess the market defines how they quantify how much this increment of an upgrade would cost (plus they're customs). For example, when I upgraded my car stereo from stock, only adding an Alpine head unit and polk door/rear speakers, I was wowed, and that was maybe tripling the price of what I assume the stock system would cost. These A3s cost 25x more and don't wow me nearly as much. A little disappointed. Should've went with the A6, though A10s look like my ideal sound signature. Ok, rant over. 

btw- listen to Julia Brightly by Caribou. M83 too. These gave me some "wows" with the A3s. 
hey bro, i cant help or give any advice but i genuinely feel gutted for you. I ordered the pre order of the universal vibro Aria last week and wont get them til some time in may. I hope my experience is a bit smoother. All the best bud

Apr 12, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #4,724 of 9,124

My opinion on the sound: note that I listened to these on my mac/itunes with WAV files, and iphone at lovely 320kbps (sarcasm). 

I'm honestly not all that impressed. Judging from the graph, I was worried they'd lack bass, and they do. Yes, the ADEL system is awesome, the soundstage is wide, I do hear things I didn't before with crappy buds.. but 700 bucks?? This isn't how I imagined buds costing literally 25x the price of my old buds would sound. I guess the market defines how they quantify how much this increment of an upgrade would cost (plus they're customs). For example, when I upgraded my car stereo from stock, only adding an Alpine head unit and polk door/rear speakers, I was wowed, and that was maybe tripling the price of what I assume the stock system would cost. These A3s cost 25x more and don't wow me nearly as much.
A little disappointed. Should've went with the A6, though A10s look like my ideal sound signature. Ok, rant over.  Would mojo/X7/Hugo etc. make much of a difference? I feel like the sound signature is what it is. messing with EQ on itunes didn't do much. In fact, increasing bass slightly resulted in slight distortion, even at low volumes.. and cutting mids resulted in just a less than quality sound. the "rock" preset on the iphone helped with some electronic music, but overall I felt like I was losing some quality.

feedback is much appreciated. 

You might have to do a refit for your A3, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back