1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 19, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #3,631 of 9,124

Setting aside that people with OCD will need to have exactly the same number of clicks, it has been pointed out several times here that both the physical geometry and sensitivity of your two ears are different, and (I don't know this for sure) so might the two IEMs be slightly different.  You would be better off tuning them to your preferences and forget the number of clicks.  This isn't an exact science, it's meant for subjective enjoyment.  In some cases the enjoyment depends of precise measured settings to tagged the equipment right on target.  This isn't one of them.  

Moreover, for different music and different playing environments and moods you will want to re-tune them.  You'll soon loose track of clicks....that to me is the beauty of the adjustable modules.

Bingo.

I leave mine where I like them but will fine tune when needed. Minor adjustment in maybe one ear (sometimes both) a few times a week honestly.

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #3,632 of 9,124

Your last sentence really is the answer.

I also think that with imaging etc, it would be difficult to know if the left or right side needed more or less adjusting.

In the end, I would bet that most people will find a sweet spot that they like and leave it as opposed fiddling with it for every song

That was exactly my experience where I actually found it ideal for my personal taste to keep MAM module tuned "open". Bottom line - you are in control and just need to figure out what works for you :wink: One other thing, regarding click vs non-click feedback, one click adjustment is not going to yield any noticeable audible change. I found with A12 it took at least quarter turn to hear some subtle difference, thus a reason I captured only 3 adjustment measurements.

Feb 19, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #3,633 of 9,124
Your last sentence really is the answer.

I also think that with imaging etc, it would be difficult to know if the left or right side needed more or less adjusting.

In the end, I would bet that most people will find a sweet spot that they like and leave it as opposed fiddling with it for every song

I would agree with you Ken.

That's the problem I have with waiting for the modules- I see no need to have to hear the clicking while the music is playing.  I would rather it was more like the original Senn IE8 bass adjustment.  Just let me see where the "click" is positioned.  I can't believe they spent so much time trying to make the click be heard louder than the music.

Feb 19, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #3,634 of 9,124

I'm so glad you mention this as I was just about to purchase some SpinFits 
bigsmile_face.gif

In my experience with U12 for almost 2 months now, the type of tips used are very important as they really determine what kind of sound you get - I was using a large silicone which gave me quite a bassy, warm signature.

However, last week I found that I thought to be a perfect tips for it, I am using some large double-flange silicone (forgotten where from, but pretty sure they're Meelec's), because the bore is rather large, I found some old silicone tips, cut the stem, put it over the nozzle to make it bigger, then slide the double flange in, about 1/3 of the way down

With that on hand, I jam the thing as deep as I can, and what I get is 99.9% prefect seal, with that in place, my U12 lost quite a lot of it's warmth, and what I get is an almost neutral sound with sub-bass 
wink_face.gif

Spinfits fit the U12 fine.  The problem for me is that they have to go in too deep.  The ones that work best for me are the aurisonics (now Fender) SureSeal tips.  They have a great starter pack of one of each of the 4 sizes.  It is also the most hypoallergenic tips I've ever had.

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #3,635 of 9,124
Update on my A12s: 

I take it all back. I knew there was something wrong! I haven't touched the ADEL modules since receiving them a few weeks ago but after chatting with a few of you yesterday I fiddled around and realised they weren't fully inserted. They were maybe 7/8ths in but not all the way.

Now they're in properly I think the module has started doing its thing - the bass is now back to a reasonable level and goodness me isn't the presentation wide? And hello treble!

Much happier now - I can get on with some proper listening :)

Great! Looking forward to your review of how it compares to the K10.

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #3,636 of 9,124
I received an email from 1964 Ears/64 Audio about their upcoming upgrade offer for V6-Stage and V8 to the ADEL equivalent A6 and A8.

Sigh, I own a V6 (non-Stage version) and its not eligible...

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #3,639 of 9,124

Spinfits fit the U12 fine.  The problem for me is that they have to go in too deep.  The ones that work best for me are the aurisonics (now Fender) SureSeal tips.  They have a great starter pack of one of each of the 4 sizes.  It is also the most hypoallergenic tips I've ever had.

I'll look into the SureSeal tips, thanks mate

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #3,640 of 9,124
I'd be curious to see how you stretch the SpinFits on to the U12, I didn't dare brute force insertion so that it wouldn't obstruct the bore...

I have ordered SureSeal, I'll report on them!

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI NXT-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Feb 20, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #3,643 of 9,124
Feb 20, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #3,645 of 9,124

Are you comments about MAM module?
wink.gif

Oh, I love them :ok_hand:. I agree with you that the clicking is not necessary. They are easy to tune and once you find your preferred setting, you stick to it.

Sorry, was in a rush typing from the phone and meant "any comments..."  If I'm not mistaken, you have U12, right?  So, curious how do you hear the sound/bass changes as you adjust these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back