1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 18, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #3,603 of 9,124
Just started listening to my U12, they do offer an airy presentation with good treble presence and controlled bass. I'm using the Noble blue tips.

Feb 18, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #3,604 of 9,124
@davidmolliere.
Which Philips tips are you referring to?

Sorry those, my U12 are out for repair can't comment yet
I have ordered some SureSeal too, I'll have some options for tip rolling and I'll report on the dedicated thread.

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #3,606 of 9,124
did anyone try the sony hybrid ear tips

Not yet but if you check the tips thread (link above) apparently it lifts the bass which might be what you're after :)

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #3,607 of 9,124
@davidmolliere
Thanks for the link. Like you id like to do some tip rolling maybe I'll wait your impressions first, you'll have a decent selection soon enough. I may order some of the Ostry and Ortofon ones in the meantime.

@hykhleif
I have. Unfortunately I can't compare them to the standard 1964 tips. (which I stopped using straight away as I didn't like them at all)

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #3,608 of 9,124
@davidmolliere

Thanks for the link. Like you id like to do some tip rolling maybe I'll wait your impressions first, you'll have a decent selection soon enough. I may order some of the Ostry and Ortofon ones in the meantime.

@hykhleif

I have. Unfortunately I can't compare them to the standard 1964 tips. I stopped using them straight away as I didn't like them at all.

i am so so excited to get my u12 on sunday

i have been waiting and so eager

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #3,610 of 9,124
  The A12 definitely can throw a ton of bass out when it's called upon. But in order for them to sound like Roxannes with the bass dialed up all the way, I'd have to really jack up the EQ and listen to something really bass heavy. I always found the Roxannes to get really muddy when you have the bass dialed up and it'd bleed into the mids...well I'll just say, I sold them for reasons...

The A12 to me delivers bass in a very different way, it's generally very tight and impactful. I haven't spent enough time with the K10 to really say which I thought had more bass between the two. But I'd never say either were bass monsters.

I for one would say they are bass monsters. More bass than my Roxannes, but better quality bass.

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #3,614 of 9,124
I'm using the Sony Hybrids with my U8s and are pretty happy with them.  They work the best for my ears.  I tried the Spinfits, but they are a bit smaller (even in the large size).

Anybody know where I can get some extra large silicone tips?

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #3,615 of 9,124

Thanks !

I'll definitely get the MAMs when they're out :)

In the meantime I have ordered some Philips and Ortofon tips (thanks to headfiers here) to try on top of Spiral Dots and Complys T500 that both work quite well. SpinFits are out of the game as they are too narrow for the bore. Any other tips I should try?

I'm so glad you mention this as I was just about to purchase some SpinFits 
bigsmile_face.gif

In my experience with U12 for almost 2 months now, the type of tips used are very important as they really determine what kind of sound you get - I was using a large silicone which gave me quite a bassy, warm signature.

However, last week I found that I thought to be a perfect tips for it, I am using some large double-flange silicone (forgotten where from, but pretty sure they're Meelec's), because the bore is rather large, I found some old silicone tips, cut the stem, put it over the nozzle to make it bigger, then slide the double flange in, about 1/3 of the way down

With that on hand, I jam the thing as deep as I can, and what I get is 99.9% prefect seal, with that in place, my U12 lost quite a lot of it's warmth, and what I get is an almost neutral sound with sub-bass 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back