1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jan 15, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #3,136 of 9,124
Anyone using the mic cable with the A12? Is it just me or does the mic cable makes everything seem more warm and darker than the stock cable.
I'm using BTG now and based on memory stick cable is a bit more warm/dark than BTG, but the mic cable makes it more obvious.

How does it sound with BTG? I have that one in my drawer, but i'll let my ears get used to A12 first before changing the cable

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #3,137 of 9,124
Anyone using the mic cable with the A12? Is it just me or does the mic cable makes everything seem more warm and darker than the stock cable.
I'm using BTG now and based on memory stick cable is a bit more warm/dark than BTG, but the mic cable makes it more obvious.

I wish there was a way that I could demo some cables Like that to see for myself if I hear a difference. I don't wanna buy than not hear any difference.

when you imply the BTG brightens the A12's are you referring to a reduction in base and more -trebley sound? I'm not interested in anything that weakens the bass on my A12's. When I think of the A12 sig I think: rich, warm, incredibly detailed w/massive soundstage and smooth as whipped cream.

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #3,139 of 9,124
How did you acquire a set of the Roman modules? I have an order in progress and they said they can only supply the automatic modules.

how many modules do we have i thought there will be just 2 module automatic and manual

Jan 15, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #3,140 of 9,124

How did you acquire a set of the Roman modules? I have an order in progress and they said they can only supply the automatic modules.

how many modules do we have i thought there will be just 2 module automatic and manual

At this moment the Isolating Module (which is nicknamed The Roman) is planned to be priced the same as the manual. There may be a bit of fluctuation depending on parts/labor to assembly. But overall theyre expected to roughly all cost $200. Unless you opt for an upgraded one at check out, then itll be significantly less.

Not sure how many different types of module are eventually planned, though.

Jan 15, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #3,141 of 9,124
Not sure how many different types of module are eventually planned, though.

Hey guys, sorry I've gone dark on alot of this, it's simply because it was brought to my attention from another user that I need to register for a Member of Trade account, since now I'm heavily involved with Asius & 64 Audio. Since it progressed in a way of strictly being a customer & audiophile to helping out and learning, to working after hours and moving toward full time, it never occured to me.

I have emailed the mods asking what to do, stop posting/delete my posts answering questions, etc and still havent heard back.

Thats why I haven't been on here, not trying to break any rules here on head-fi, that's simply not my intention. My intention (as I've stated a few times), is to help educate 64 Audio customers as well as people just curious about the new ADEL technology, as well as just creating a sounding board for your concerns that my knowledge of ADEL has enabled me to answer. I didnt know I was doing anything wrong by trying to help keep customers in the loop on stuff. I was a customer and head-fi user from the get go, rather than trying to represent a business and making an account to just promote stuff.

I think I end up just starting a blog on the Asius website.

But until I finally receive a message from the mods stating actual wrong doing, I'll answer the question about the Roman.

Theyre still in very early development. Like, I dont even have a working pair in my A12s yet. I've demod the prototype and really liked them, but dont be expecting to see them on the 64 website anytime soon.

Oh and there are probably 5 different module variations planned to come out for our IEMs. Signature models with different purpose or sound.

The Manual Adjustable Module (MAMs for short) are supposed to be available in a month. I'm starting to work with a few kickstarter people, to work out a universal set of parameters for tuning them. Then do a tutorial video to accompany the release.

Originally, I was all for just dialing them wide open, since it fixed the issue I had with my jaw pressure and sounded just like an open back headphone. But I've started to play with the capabilities within the adjustment range and matching the ear drums impedance. Im not going to say that it's going to transform the IEM from what youre used to by leaps & bounds, however its a very noticable shift and in a very good way. To my ears, (with the modules tuned) everything gets a bit more lush & lively. An easy example would be, somebody slapping a drum, the drum now sounds like it has more depth to it. Not on a bass heavy way, but in terms of presence...as if closing your eyes and imagining that band play wasnt natural enough with adel, now its got that tiny 2% gap between exceptional and magic.

Ive recently added a Hugo to my setup and paired with the tuned A12s, its simply the best IEM match I've ever heard. Hell, even in the desktop world, only the Chord Dave & Audeze LCD4s top the Hugo & A12s.

Seriously, Chord & 64 Audio...perfect match.

If I dont post for a while, it's because I've been banned or something, but I'll be sure to post the link to the blog when I just move onto there, to keep every one thats curious about whats to come informed, the best I can at least.

See you guys at NAMM.

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #3,142 of 9,124
Hey guys, sorry I've gone dark on alot of this, it's simply because it was brought to my attention from another user that I need to register for a Member of Trade account, since now I'm heavily involved with Asius & 64 Audio. Since it progressed in a way of strictly being a customer & audiophile to helping out and learning, to working after hours and moving toward full time, it never occured to me.

I have emailed the mods asking what to do, stop posting/delete my posts answering questions, etc and still havent heard back.

Thats why I haven't been on here, not trying to break any rules here on head-fi, that's simply not my intention. My intention (as I've stated a few times), is to help educate 64 Audio customers as well as people just curious about the new ADEL technology, as well as just creating a sounding board for your concerns that my knowledge of ADEL has enabled me to answer. I didnt know I was doing anything wrong by trying to help keep customers in the loop on stuff. I was a customer and head-fi user from the get go, rather than trying to represent a business and making an account to just promote stuff.

I think I end up just starting a blog on the Asius website.

But until I finally receive a message from the mods stating actual wrong doing, I'll answer the question about the Roman.

Theyre still in very early development. Like, I dont even have a working pair in my A12s yet. I've demod the prototype and really liked them, but dont be expecting to see them on the 64 website anytime soon.

Oh and there are probably 5 different module variations planned to come out for our IEMs. Signature models with different purpose or sound.

The Manual Adjustable Module (MAMs for short) are supposed to be available in a month. I'm starting to work with a few kickstarter people, to work out a universal set of parameters for tuning them. Then do a tutorial video to accompany the release.

Originally, I was all for just dialing them wide open, since it fixed the issue I had with my jaw pressure and sounded just like an open back headphone. But I've started to play with the capabilities within the adjustment range and matching the ear drums impedance. Im not going to say that it's going to transform the IEM from what youre used to by leaps & bounds, however its a very noticable shift and in a very good way. To my ears, (with the modules tuned) everything gets a bit more lush & lively. An easy example would be, somebody slapping a drum, the drum now sounds like it has more depth to it. Not on a bass heavy way, but in terms of presence...as if closing your eyes and imagining that band play wasnt natural enough with adel, now its got that tiny 2% gap between exceptional and magic.

Ive recently added a Hugo to my setup and paired with the tuned A12s, its simply the best IEM match I've ever heard. Hell, even in the desktop world, only the Chord Dave & Audeze LCD4s top the Hugo & A12s.

Seriously, Chord & 64 Audio...perfect match.

If I dont post for a while, it's because I've been banned or something, but I'll be sure to post the link to the blog when I just move onto there, to keep every one thats curious about whats to come informed, the best I can at least.

See you guys at NAMM.

Mods going overboard, oh how horrible, your telling people who already have or want to own a product about said products. Yawn

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #3,143 of 9,124
Mods going overboard, oh how horrible, your telling people who already have or want to own a product about said products. Yawn

It's really not !!!

As a mod on another popular "music product" forum, there are rules about commercial/vendors accounts, disclosure and so on.
Those rules are in effect so that "normal" consumer-type members (like you and me) are aware that the poster has a vested interest in promoting their own products in their postings.  It's also done to prevent vendor A (masquerading as a consumer) making anonymous disparaging remarks about vendor B's product line or newest release. 
Of course, that type of thing never happens. If it's on the interweb, it's gotta be true! Right?
On one forum I belong to, it got so bad that they now make you use your REAL name on the acct, and upload a DL copy as proof of identity before they approve it.

In many cases, forums ALSO require members to who are beta-testers for vendors to disclosure those relationships - but not require them to have a vendor acct.. This is all done for the benefit of the forum members and keeping things transparent.
Don't you like to know when a poster works for specific vendor or is the owner???  I know I do....

Canyon's case is a little different IME - as he didn't start out as a commercial member, but ended up being one.,  
He's been very helpful on here and has (IME) fully-disclosed his affiliations with Asius/1964, so I hope the mods here resolve this efficiently.
It might be as simple as changing his account type - tho' (not being familiar with this BBS software) I don't know if that is possible.

Regards...

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #3,144 of 9,124
Yes, let's not jump-the-gun with all this - it has been voluntarily disclosed. That's a positive and appropriate thing.

No one is intentionally trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes, here.

Equally, as s0c9 pointed out, it is appropriate that mods take the topic of disclosure seriously, as it affects all of us on Head-fi

Relax. Let the mods do their thing, and all will pan-out just fine.

popcorn.gif

Jan 16, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #3,145 of 9,124
Yes, let's not jump-the-gun with all this - it has been voluntarily disclosed. That's a positive and appropriate thing.

No one is intentionally trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes, here.

Equally, as s0c9 pointed out, it is appropriate that mods take the topic of disclosure seriously, as it affects all of us on Head-fi

Relax. Let the mods do their thing, and all will pan-out just fine.

:popcorn:

Well said man, let's just enjoy the spacious soundstage of A12. After spending 4 days with it, I can hardly ever plug my ears with other CIEM :)

Jan 16, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #3,146 of 9,124
I have no problem with CanyonRunner's behavior since as Mython says it was voluntarily disclosed and there has been zero deception.  Just a very helpful member.  

That said, it probably would be wise to have CanyonRunner be identified as a member of the trade so newcomers who don't look back in the forum don't miss the connection.

In the big picture most people are honest and wouldn't lie or distort for their employer or anyone else. There are always a few bad apples.  We appreciate transparency but I am not sure how much it protects us since I keep seeing trolls bashing perfectly good products throughout these and other forums.  I am convinced there are commercial interests that try to influence perceptions of products.  That's why one should take everything here with a grain of salt and treat it as one person's opinion.  

Jan 16, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #3,147 of 9,124
I think we are making a bigger deal out of it. He's been open since the beginning and has even encouraged people to listen fist too. I welcome and appreciate to have someone from Asius Technologies or 1964 more active around here, as other companies do and I think it's positive and can give us more insight into the products and even take feedback from Headfi users for future products. Most of us are not in areas where we can go to a shop and listen to IEMS or go to trade shows to try out products, so that's where the strength of Head-fi lies, where we have communities other users and manufacturers  whocan share about the products and others can make a more inform decision while learn from others to appreciate this hobby. 

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #3,148 of 9,124
He's given us more info on upcoming releases than the company itself, I'm grateful for that. It's 2016, we have google, people are responsible for doing their own research on what they buy. Thanks again canyon runner.

Jan 18, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #3,149 of 9,124
Just got my U12's today. Freaking loving them so far. They are alot lighter than anything I own, yet carry such a beautiful sound...like butter in my ears...I may have a new #1...I just received my K10u's last week too...I don't really understand the ADEL tech at this moment, but I can really appreciate what I am hearing so far.

Jan 18, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #3,150 of 9,124
Anxiously awaiting your impressions Eugguy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back