1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jan 14, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #3,121 of 9,124
Anyone using the mic cable with the A12? Is it just me or does the mic cable makes everything seem more warm and darker than the stock cable.
I'm using BTG now and based on memory stick cable is a bit more warm/dark than BTG, but the mic cable makes it more obvious.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #3,122 of 9,124
Anyone using the mic cable with the A12? Is it just me or does the mic cable makes everything seem more warm and darker than the stock cable.
I'm using BTG now and based on memory stick cable is a bit more warm/dark than BTG, but the mic cable makes it more obvious.

I only have the mic cable. My DHC cable will be here soon. Can only tell when that cable arrive.

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #3,124 of 9,124
guys when u talk about modules what do they do exactly, as i am not understanding the talk of the modules

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #3,125 of 9,124
  guys when u talk about modules what do they do exactly, as i am not understanding the talk of the modules

The modules being discussed houses ADEL (short for Ambrose Diaphonic Ear Lens), which introduces a vented diaphragm in the module. Perhaps best explained by the ADEL Kickstarter video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_4hfvxi7g.

As part of the Kickstarter, most received the Auto module, and now the Manual modules are getting shipped (delayed due to early quality issues, originally made in plastic - I recall a few initial recipients broke the module, which led to the suggestions of clicks to be made audible when adjustments were made).

My understanding is that the next phase would be custom modules specifically tuned by musicians to be made available.

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #3,126 of 9,124

The modules being discussed houses ADEL (short for Ambrose Diaphonic Ear Lens), which introduces a vented diaphragm in the module. Perhaps best explained by the ADEL Kickstarter video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_4hfvxi7g.

As part of the Kickstarter, most received the Auto module, and now the Manual modules are getting shipped (delayed due to early quality issues, originally made in plastic - I recall a few initial recipients broke the module, which led to the suggestions of clicks to be made audible when adjustments were made).

My understanding is that the next phase would be custom modules specifically tuned by musicians to be made available.

so let me get it straight so if buy the u12 now can i later on change modules that will be soon released, or is it that either u buy automatic or manual

also since it reduces pressure does that in anyway affect bass punch and slam 

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #3,127 of 9,124
  so let me get it straight so if buy the u12 now can i later on change modules that will be soon released, or is it that either u buy automatic or manual

also since it reduces pressure does that in anyway affect bass punch and slam 

That's correct. If you buy U12 now, you will only get the Auto module (manual module was included Kickstarters because it met the stretched goals as I recall).

You are free to swap to additional modules (when released), it is simply pulling out the auto module and replacing with new modules.

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #3,128 of 9,124

That's correct. If you buy U12 now, you will only get the Auto module (manual module was included Kickstarters because it met the stretched goals as I recall).

You are free to swap to additional modules (when released), it is simply pulling out the auto module and replacing with new modules.

i am sorry i still do not get what the module will do from that video, all i understood is the new tech in adel, but what changing a module do to sound signature, and what is meant by manual or automatic

aslo when less pressure is being implemented again is that on the expense of bass slam and punch and fullness of sound

i am sorry for being so snaive in my questions

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #3,129 of 9,124
hykhlei said:
i am sorry i still do not get what the module will do from that video, all i understood is the new tech in adel, but what changing a module do to sound signature, and what is meant by manual or automatic

aslo when less pressure is being implemented again is that on the expense of bass slam and punch and fullness of sound

i am sorry for being so snaive in my questions

The current Auto module has a fixed level of venting, to some it may lack isolation if it is a loud noisy place, or some think that it does punch as much as it should.

The Manual module allows the users to adjust the level of openness (venting), open wide ( you may get a bigger sound stage), when closed up (better isolation and possibly punchier bass).

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #3,130 of 9,124

The current Auto module has a fixed level of venting, to some it may lack isolation if it is a loud noisy place, or some think that it does punch as much as it should.

The Manual module allows the users to adjust the level of openness (venting), open wide ( you may get a bigger sound stage), when closed up (better isolation and possibly punchier bass).

final question and thanks for being so helpful

would the modules if bought alone cost alot

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #3,131 of 9,124

$99 https://www.1964ears.com/product/ADEL-Auto-Modules

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #3,133 of 9,124

The modules were originally supposed to be manual (not a stretch goal), but there were issues that prevented them from completing the manual modules in time for them to send out to the A-series backers (January 2015). They quickly designed the non-adjustable module (made out of plastic) and sent them to the initial A-series backers. The only stretch goals were the mic-cable, black housing (though the red housing was later tweaked to be translucent which subjectively made it better-looking), and hard-case. Getting both the auto and manual modules would seem more like a bonus for KS backers.

New orders come with the $99 auto-module, and the manual module is said to be around the $199 mark.

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #3,134 of 9,124
  The modules were originally supposed to be manual (not a stretch goal), but there were issues that prevented them from completing the manual modules in time for them to send out to the A-series backers (January 2015). They quickly designed the non-adjustable module (made out of plastic) and sent them to the initial A-series backers. The only stretch goals were the mic-cable, black housing (though the red housing was later tweaked to be translucent which subjectively made it better-looking), and hard-case. Getting both the auto and manual modules would seem more like a bonus for KS backers.

New orders come with the $99 auto-module, and the manual module is said to be around the $199 mark.

I think I quoted the bonus module the other way round, for being part of Kickstarter order. Another thought .... Perhaps it was a way to appease some of the really vocal backers who were frustrated by the silence and infrequent updates (when there were some legal challenges concerning the technology). 

(Extracted from Kickstarter update #19).

"As we were field testing the ADEL adjustable module (on the A12, A10) with some of our contacts in the music industry, we received feedback that not every artists or musician will want to adjust the module. They require something that is “plug and play.” In order for monitor engineers to hear what their artist is hearing, they need to be on the same exact module setting. This is when the idea of a self-tuning module was born. The bass response and ambience settings are fixed, but the ADEL membranes have the ability to self adjust to work with your ear canal size. This was a major breakthrough for the ADEL Technology and something that wasn’t originally part of the plan. We believe this is something that will be very useful for those that need a fixed solution. We are working on the finishing touches before the module goes into production for the A12 and A10 custom in-ear monitors. We will also include the self-tuning module as a bonus on every U-Series Kickstarter order."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back