1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jan 13, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #3,106 of 9,124
l have heard great things about the SE846's!  l am trying to get the most isolation that l can due to not having any wedges on stage for ambience. My concern about not having enough low end power is because l am so used to having a large sub behind me during larger gigs. Anything will be a step up from the 215's but l would love them to really hit hard. l would love to get a set of customs but my last experience with my MG6 pros turned into an absolute disaster. l don't want to hijack the thread at all so l apologize! :D

Hey there, what was your experience with custom? Was that really horrible?

I'm using my iem also for stage, I have used 425 and some custom (jh13, ce6p, etc). All i can say is, if you choose the right IEM ( we have preferences, right? ), you would never go wrong with custom.

I play bass, and with JH13 (which is claimed to be quite neutral) i didn't have any problem to hear the sub bass and mid bass. You may lose some sub bass pounding feeling, which you get from playing in front of sub, but you will for sure be able to hear 'the bass'.

PS: i'm not fan of shure

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #3,109 of 9,124
What do you get again? X1?

Whoops..typo
biggrin.gif
Control in ears..later to be U1, but now renamed to X2. Trust me, the name makes no sense to me either.
Not even listed on the Adel website yet either I see...shame.

I'm very curious about their sound. Got myself some Trinity Delta's with filters (and an updated version of the Delta with more filters/2 detachable cables will arrive at my doorstep in feb): those are awesome: insane bang for buck and sound great...so I'm spoiled!

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #3,111 of 9,124
Mine Black Friday U12 arrived already in last week of 2015, but I just asked for the rush order and paid some amount for that :) Not sure about the regular orders..

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #3,112 of 9,124
Hey there, what was your experience with custom? Was that really horrible?

I'm using my iem also for stage, I have used 425 and some custom (jh13, ce6p, etc). All i can say is, if you choose the right IEM ( we have preferences, right? ), you would never go wrong with custom.

I play bass, and with JH13 (which is claimed to be quite neutral) i didn't have any problem to hear the sub bass and mid bass. You may lose some sub bass pounding feeling, which you get from playing in front of sub, but you will for sure be able to hear 'the bass'.

PS: i'm not fan of shure

l had a horrible time with the fit of my customs! After 4 sets of impressions and about 10 refits l ended up getting a refund which they said never happens. The company wasn't the most understanding about the situation. lt got very pricey to pay to ship them for refits and for new impressions. That's why l went and purchased the 215's and have used them ever since. The aurisonics 2.5's have caught my eye, especially with the reviews on here. l have been on the fence about trying customs again but just can't bring myself to contact a company about it after my last experience. l wish l had a company closer to me so l could actually go there and get fit for customs. l am from the east coast USA.

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #3,113 of 9,124
  l had a horrible time with the fit of my customs! After 4 sets of impressions and about 10 refits l ended up getting a refund which they said never happens. The company wasn't the most understanding about the situation. lt got very pricey to pay to ship them for refits and for new impressions. That's why l went and purchased the 215's and have used them ever since. The aurisonics 2.5's have caught my eye, especially with the reviews on here. l have been on the fence about trying customs again but just can't bring myself to contact a company about it after my last experience. l wish l had a company closer to me so l could actually go there and get fit for customs. l am from the east coast USA.

Man, that sounds terrible!  Sorry you had to go through that.  The audiologist I went to offered free re-impressions if they're not good enough for the IEM maker.  They said another customer had to come in 3 times (for 64 Audio IEMs)  and were asked to provide a picture  - I guess they couldn't believe that's how the customer's ears were shaped?

Shure's fit is a love it or hate it deal.  After trying several other brands, I kept going back to my trusty old SE530.  For me, they were the best fitting universal option due to their very narrow nozzle.  This allowed me to compress the foam tips a lot, and subsequently insert them a little deeper into the ear, resulting in an as-good-as-universals-will-get seal.  I still keep my 530s and 215s on hand, and sold the 846.  However, with any current Shure, you can either stick with the universal out of the box tips, OR, add on custom molded tips without altering the IEM body.

Check out: http://www.sensaphonics.com/for-shure-earphones

They don't look nearly a nice as normal customs but might be worth a try - worst case, it doesn't work out and you're left with amazing universals.

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #3,115 of 9,124
Jan 14, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #3,116 of 9,124
I was just thinking, rather than an expensive manual ADEL module, I suspect it would be fine to just use the auto then have a simple non-ADEL plug for full isolation. Just an appropriate sized silicone plug. That should be really inexpensive to produce.

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #3,117 of 9,124
X2's have arrived: love the sound and fit, but it appears the in ears aren't (quality) checked before sending them out: some marks on the plastic housings, even a little knick in one of the foam eartips.
No instruction manual/booklet (they include a little cleaning tool, but how and where do I use it on exactly?) either, very weird for such a company I'd say..
Mixed feelings, but the sound is very detailed, love the adel module doing its work (lots of bass is not fatiguing).

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #3,119 of 9,124
I don't know what you guys means by lacking of isolation, but my U6 with auto ADEL isolate about the same as my 215, 1964 V6, 1964 V8 and JH Roxanne. 

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #3,120 of 9,124
  Mine Black Friday U12 arrived already in last week of 2015, but I just asked for the rush order and paid some amount for that :) Not sure about the regular orders..

i see u almost had all totl iem so how do u rate your u12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back