1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jan 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #3,076 of 9,124
thats so much interesting to know that they have great bass

so am i correct that for a bass lover it will be the u8 and not the u12

Well the A12 can draw from just as much bass (same bottom end arrangement i think) but, it doesnt stand out as much becuase its just richer overall. I'd never ever say a12 was lite on bass, it just doesnt stand out in the same way.

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #3,077 of 9,124

Honest answer without having nothing to do with 64, the 8's slaughter the shures. The shures have a tiny bit more down below but in all other areas, theres no comparison. The 8s sound so much better throughout the whole range, while being far more open and non fatiguing after a day of bass drops and beats. If you get the chance, demo them side by side, but thats my 2 cents...its also the consensus after the 64 guys A & B'ed them too. They have a pair at the lab.

thats so much interesting to know that they have great bass

so am i correct that for a bass lover it will be the u8 and not the u12

Go big for the U12. It has the 846'esque bass response that you love. Also, it scales brilliantly. With the iPhone, it's has a thunderous sub-bass and it lingers a bit longer. With Mojo and AK120 II it's a lot more composed and tighter. 

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #3,078 of 9,124
  Go big for the U12. It has the 846'esque bass response that you love. Also, it scales brilliantly. With the iPhone, it's has a thunderous sub-bass and it lingers a bit longer. With Mojo and AK120 II it's a lot more composed and tighter. 

guys before i make a decision so i am reading that i should get the 12u, now is it a warm musical sound signature that it has with great bass that is not disappointing compared to shure 846, as i want to double check from you guys, because on 64 site it shows that u8 is for bass lovers
and i think it has more bass

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #3,080 of 9,124
Absolutely spot on!

guys i will be relying on your reviews as i live in a country where i can never ever audition such iems, so i really hope i will not be disappointed comparing it to the shure 846 bass, and that it is really a step above shure 846

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #3,081 of 9,124
@s0c9 the auto-tune module is great for playing live. I play drums with my U8s and they sound great. You don't get as much isolation as with traditional iems, but you get that open feeling that @Canyon Runner talks about and nothing beats that in my opinion. If you want more peace of mind, just look at the artists using the ADELs, who use the auto-tune. I bet the tunable module will give you more flexibility though, but just as they are, they sound fine to me. If I remember well, Beyonce's monitor engineer had input on having a auto-tune module, as when you have a band, and you have to mix for them all, you would prefer that they were all on the same monitor type and similar impedance. 

As for the A8 vs A12, not having heard the A12, I can say the A8 is great for bass heads though. It's not harsh, the highs are just perfect and when music calls, those beasts will thump. I imagine the A12 has better layering and detail on bass from the descriptions I hear people give, but the A8s are warmer if that's what you're looking for. Overall, I still imagine the A12 is better, so I'm saving for that next. 

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #3,082 of 9,124

Absolutely spot on!

guys i will be relying on your reviews as i live in a country where i can never ever audition such iems, so i really hope i will not be disappointed comparing it to the shure 846 bass, and that it is really a step above shure 846

The are both 4 drivers on the low-end. You should be able to EQ the U12 to sound like U8, if you like the bass to be more prominent than mids and high's.
You can also email the folks at 64 audio, they might be able to help you make a more informed decision. I very much doubt, people here have auditioned both U8 and U12, considering these are still very new.

FYI - These are a step above JH Angie, which was already a step above SE846 (except the sub-bass) for me.

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #3,083 of 9,124
The are both 4 drivers on the low-end. You should be able to EQ the U12 to sound like U8, if you like the bass to be more prominent than mids and high's.
You can also email the folks at 64 audio, they might be able to help you make a more informed decision. I very much doubt, people here have auditioned both U8 and U12, considering these are still very new.

FYI - These are a step above JH Angie, which was already a step above SE846 (except the sub-bass) for me.

Youre right, most people havent. I ran 100+ people through demos at CES this last week. People tended to love the 8 but enjoyed what else the 12 brought to the table as well as that bass.

I think of it as, if you go 12s then youd have basically the same bottom end as the 8, but also give you to option to have amazing delivery for the times you want to listen to more than pounding bass.

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #3,084 of 9,124
  @s0c9 the auto-tune module is great for playing live. I play drums with my U8s and they sound great. You don't get as much isolation as with traditional iems, but you get that open feeling that @Canyon Runner talks about and nothing beats that in my opinion. If you want more peace of mind, just look at the artists using the ADELs, who use the auto-tune. I bet the tunable module will give you more flexibility though, but just as they are, they sound fine to me. If I remember well, Beyonce's monitor engineer had input on having a auto-tune module, as when you have a band, and you have to mix for them all, you would prefer that they were all on the same monitor type and similar impedance. 

As for the A8 vs A12, not having heard the A12, I can say the A8 is great for bass heads though. It's not harsh, the highs are just perfect and when music calls, those beasts will thump. I imagine the A12 has better layering and detail on bass from the descriptions I hear people give, but the A8s are warmer if that's what you're looking for. Overall, I still imagine the A12 is better, so I'm saving for that next. 

thank you eldss...  VERY VERY helpful..   
Question: There's nothing on the 1964 artists page that indicate models used.. how can one tell which are using Adel ?

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #3,085 of 9,124

I auditioned the 846 last year when my main earphone was the V8. My impressions were that the 846 really excelled at sub-bass, whereas the V8 focuses more on mid-bass (warm). I wouldn't say that one is better than the other, but the bass response is quite different between the two. The 846 sounded dark in direct comparison with the V8, so it might've been the black or blue filter. I really liked the 846's sub-bass, but the V8 sounded more natural overall.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #3,086 of 9,124
Just received the new case and mic cable. Nice of them to include the case accessories too :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #3,087 of 9,124
Just received the new case and mic cable. Nice of them to include the case accessories too :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sexy, looking forward to getting a 64" mic cable, the shorter cable was a mistake I'll never make again.

I'll probably end up getting an adjustable module as well and maybe one more module-whichever reviews the best and fits my taste. After that I'll be done with audio forever. Now that I have a mojo I can simply pair it and my A12's with any phone I get and I'll be set w/TOTL sound quality. I can't imagine myself wanting any more and frankly I'll be happy to be done. I got into this hobby, went straight to the top and am content with what I have.

Now it's just music forever for me, the gift that keeps on giving.

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #3,089 of 9,124
Sexy, looking forward to getting a 64" mic cable, the shorter cable was a mistake I'll never make again.

I'll probably end up getting an adjustable module as well and maybe one more module-whichever reviews the best and fits my taste. After that I'll be done with audio forever. Now that I have a mojo I can simply pair it and my A12's with any phone I get and I'll be set w/TOTL sound quality. I can't imagine myself wanting any more and frankly I'll be happy to be done. I got into this hobby, went straight to the top and am content with what I have.

Now it's just music forever for me, the gift that keeps on giving.

I practically slowed down to almost a halt with purchasing audio stuffs last year. Returned to my old passion : photography. Another hobby that equally drains my bank account :frowning2:

Could you please tell me what's the colour of the shell?

Olive. I wished I chose brown though...

Btw the case makes everything so neat and tidy! Love the case with the cute mini dehumidifier. I don't think they'll be able to fit bigger shell IEMs like the JH Siren series though.

image.jpg

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #3,090 of 9,124
Hey - just want to check in to say I'm still absolutely loving my A8's.   The bass is fantastic, but that's not all these are good at.  I get a beautiful, full open stage sound across the spectrum - acoustic guitar and vocals sound amazing - which is what I really wanted along with ridiculous extension on the bass side of things (I use these on stage as a bass player).  As a matter of fact, here is a video of me playing with them!  Now a quick word - I was sight reading this so I am looking down at my ipad a lot - but hopefully you like the sound.   Anyway I'm very very happy with these and I look forward to years of playing with them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTJ5clk-Cug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back