1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jan 10, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #3,033 of 9,124
  I actually have a Hugo showing up at our house (in Colorado) while I'm here in Vegas. But I demo'd both the Hugo and Mojo yesterday (as well as the Dave + LCD4s, hands down the best headphone experience I've ever had) and the Mojo with the A12s are totally outstanding. LOVED it. As did Vitaliy. Hoping we start to use the Mojos with our 64 IEMs for the booth for demos. Mojo compared to the Hugo, what's been said around the internet seems to be really on point. Mojo nails about 90% of Hugo, for a fraction of the price and footprint, sound stage isn't as wide and there isn't as much sparkle up top....but that's it really. The rep asked if i was bummed that I spent money on a Hugo (used price because the person had switched to Mojo, so it wasn't full retail) and like I told him, I'm really not. I could definitely see some people feeling that way, but when it comes to this level of listening gear to me it's all about that little something extra. To make it go from "WOW that's really good" to "that's magic", between the two, I've never heard my A12s sound so well. Chord truly deserves the reputation they have in the community. Top notch product as well as staff behind it. Million thumbs way up.

...now I'm also looking to pair it all with the ALO CDM Tube amp for that occasional extra feeling of life/energy that tubes can add.

We've started using my AK120ii for some demos at the booth, soon my Hugo will be added to the mix and likely the ALO (depending on when I pick one up). Letting people taste the different flavors of sound paired with our line of products, without having to be so in love with music that it makes your wallet bleed.

iDSD Micro DSD is none too shabby with my 64Audio A6....very clean, transparent sound with larger soundstage and a bit more upper end sparkle than straight out of my DX90.

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #3,037 of 9,124
i do not get the difference between the different versions

can someone do a quick summary please

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #3,038 of 9,124
i do not get the difference between the different versions

can someone do a quick summary please

Auto ADEL is a set membrane that is a general good mix between isolation as well as sound quality.

Manual ADELs are adjustable, allowing you to go from a sealed environment (like a traditional IEM) to an open one (like an open back headphone) letting ADEL breathe even more than the auto version. This also allows for the user to dial the membrane tension into the sweet spot of matching your ear drums impedance. There will be more on that soon, its something I even need to practice and play with more. We'll be doing a tutorial video on the tuning when the Manual ADEL Modules (MAMs) launch.

These are non clickers as of right now, but its really looking like the MAMs will be available in a month or two, so the customers that dont care about not clicking can have access to them. When clicking gets done, we'll see how they get optioned in the 64 store. We currently have a number of versions that click, but making them click loud enough to be heard over music at volume is REALLY tricky.

Thats the current status on the MAMs however, we had them out last night before packing up to head home from CES and I decided to take a quick picture of one of the batches.

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #3,039 of 9,124
Auto ADEL is a set membrane that is a general good mix between isolation as well as sound quality.

Manual ADELs are adjustable, allowing you to go from a sealed environment (like a traditional IEM) to an open one (like an open back headphone) letting ADEL breathe even more than the auto version. This also allows for the user to dial the membrane tension into the sweet spot of matching your ear drums impedance. There will be more on that soon, its something I even need to practice and play with more. We'll be doing a tutorial video on the tuning when the Manual ADEL Modules (MAMs) launch.

These are non clickers as of right now, but its really looking like the MAMs will be available in a month or two, so the customers that dont care about not clicking can have access to them. When clicking gets done, we'll see how they get optioned in the 64 store. We currently have a number of versions that click, but making them click loud enough to be heard over music at volume is REALLY tricky.

Thats the current status on the MAMs however, we had them out last night before packing up to head home from CES and I decided to take a quick picture of one of the batches.

what u mean by clicking

and does the manual adjustments affect sound signatures

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #3,040 of 9,124
An audible click as you dial the adjuster on the top of the adel. Letting the user remember there settings by counting. Non clicking does all the function, you just have to adjust by ear.

While it allows you to go from open to closed, the magic spot is the matched impedance. Think of it like tuning a guitar, yes you can play the song in whatever tuning the strings may be in at the time, but you know it when you hit that sweet spot in the tension and it just sounds perfect. Its like that.

Yes opening and closing will change the sound signature, its really as simple as sealed closed back headphone to open back headphone with the respective traits of both.

While the tuning to match your impedance is an extra optional step, over a normal stick your iems in and go, its not a requirement, but allows for that extra something special through the beauty of ADEL technology.

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #3,041 of 9,124

Manual ADELs are adjustable, allowing you to go from a sealed environment (like a traditional IEM) to an open one (like an open back headphone) letting ADEL breathe even more than the auto version. This also allows for the user to dial the membrane tension into the sweet spot of matching your ear drums impedance.

Interesting... perhaps I wasn't crazy with my hypothesis, a few months ago:

www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/1380#post_11493811

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #3,042 of 9,124
You're pretty much right on the money. I was only able to skim it since we're still in the car on the way back to Colorado and internet is really spotty along the way/hard to read in depth on my phone as we bounce up and down with the road.

I can read it more thoroughly when i get home.

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #3,043 of 9,124
Been using Qi's for almost 2 yrs now - as IEM's in my band(s) for BASS and guitar and ..  SIMPLY LOVE them.
Also use them on plane trips and [occasionally] listening to audio tracks... in other words, NOT for audiophile use.

Been doing some research on the Adels.
Haven't found a whole lot of comparison direct between the V and A series - and did NOT read thru the 200+ pages of this thread.
Given the A4's run $400 more than the Qi's for the same basic 4-driver set, I'm curious in anyone has done direct compares of the various models.
A4 - QI's, A6-V6S, A8-V8...

If I decide to go with the A6 (for example) - keeping in mind that my PRIMARY use is live audio IEM stage - are they really worth the $1200 base price - versus the Qi's I have now.
I'm not sure if there's going to be an advantage in holding off until the ADEL Manuals are available.. I'm guessing the Auto's would be fine ??

Thanks in advance..

-Steve 

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #3,044 of 9,124
Been using Qi's for almost 2 yrs now - as IEM's in my band(s) for BASS and guitar and ..  SIMPLY LOVE them.
Also use them on plane trips and [occasionally] listening to audio tracks... in other words, NOT for audiophile use.

Been doing some research on the Adels.
Haven't found a whole lot of comparison direct between the V and A series - and did NOT read thru the 200+ pages of this thread.
Given the A4's run $400 more than the Qi's for the same basic 4-driver set, I'm curious in anyone has done direct compares of the various models.
A4 - QI's, A6-V6S, A8-V8...

If I decide to go with the A6 (for example) - keeping in mind that my PRIMARY use is live audio IEM stage - are they really worth the $1200 base price - versus the Qi's I have now.
I'm not sure if there's going to be an advantage in holding off until the ADEL Manuals are available.. I'm guessing the Auto's would be fine ??

Thanks in advance..

-Steve 

The current A/U series's sound signature is designed around ADEL, so they're going to sound dramatically better than the older V series.

As for if its worth the extra money for your use, i guess its a question of what's your hearing in the future worth to you?

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #3,045 of 9,124
If the Auto ADEL module is $99, should we expect a higher price for the manual? This is an expensive hobby...

Also, will there be any numbered index marks or will one need to bottom them out then count the clicks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back