1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 29, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #1,531 of 9,124
Thanks tmotterlaing.

No release date yet, it's frustrating. I don't have any iem at the moment apart from my almost broken Triple fi 10. I just want to buy the best ciem & forget about buying another one for the next 10 years

Remember what might be the best to him might not be the best for you. Preference in sound signature plays a big role, so better if you get to listen to their demo before you decide :)

Apr 29, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #1,532 of 9,124
Remember what might be the best to him might not be the best for you. Preference in sound signature plays a big role, so better if you get to listen to their demo before you decide
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree - although I was only commenting on the hardware and software combos mentioned in the post - since I haven't even heard any of the ADEL series at all (even in a demo) I don't yet have a 'preference' haha! Although I'm sure I'll write a full length review when my U8 arrives... next decade some time....*grumble grumble*. 

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #1,533 of 9,124
Personally I'd be all for 1964 offering the A10 & A12 at the KS prices again for a short window (say 30 days). Then they could bump them up $200-300 for another couple of months to finish out the introductory period. I'm not sure how the other KS backers would feel about this though.

Maybe a HF specific discount code? Or, maybe a one time use code is given to each A10 / A12 backer that they could give to a friend or use to buy a second A10 / A12.

It would be great for more HF members to be able to get in on the A12 goodness!

Now, I wouldn't mind that at all! 
wink.gif

Thanks tmotterlaing.

No release date yet, it's frustrating. I don't have any iem at the moment apart from my almost broken Triple fi 10. I just want to buy the best ciem & forget about buying another one for the next 10 years

If you're going for the TOTL, I think it'll be prudent on your part to audition the IEMs first. If you are unable to do so, pick a handful based on reviews and popular opinion, then do extensive research. At this price point ($1.5k +), it has a lot to do with your preference for a certain sound signature more than anything else.

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #1,534 of 9,124
I was one of the last backers and sent my ear impressions late (2 weeks ago), and I just got my A12 with 1 day shipping. :) I guess that means they are pretty much done with the A10/A12 so they should be focusing on the other backers now.

May 1, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #1,535 of 9,124
Yay for 2-pin connectors on the U-series!!!

May 1, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #1,536 of 9,124
The U series looks similar with the A series universal fit.

May 1, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #1,537 of 9,124
So does the U series come with both the fixed and the adjustable modules?

I thought it was both but the most recent update seems to say that it will only be with the adjustable module?

May 1, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #1,538 of 9,124
Dang it - U series now postponed until July :frowning2:

@vitaliy belo - I'm actually travelling in the US early July.  What is the best way to make contact regarding the U series?  If I'm going to be in US anyway - we may as well save freight and possibility of customs costs, and have them delivered to a US address (I'm in New Zealand)?

Let me know and we can take it up via email.

May 1, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #1,539 of 9,124

I thought it was both but the most recent update seems to say that it will only be with the adjustable module?

My understanding is that its both.

May 2, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #1,542 of 9,124
  The U series looks similar with the A series universal fit.

Mmmm...U6 backer (lurker) here. While these are being delayed until July, the additions and technical design improvements definitely make up for a little personal disappointment. 

All the A12 talk has me wishing I'd had an option for an A6 during Kickstarter time since the A12 was too hard to self-justify.

Levanter, you're pretty plugged in. Have you heard anything about the differences between U6 and A6 (other than the obvious customization option)? Thanks!

May 2, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,543 of 9,124

From the comments on the latest KS update:

Ian Frankham 1 day ago
Can you confirm whether the U series will be getting the self tuning as well as the adjustable ADEL module? I realise this was mentioned in a prior update but this one only refers to the adjustable module.

Creator 1964ADEL 1 day ago
  @ Ian Frankham: confirmed.

May 3, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #1,545 of 9,124
10-12 years ago I was looking for portable amps and DACs and it was slim pickings.  This market really didn't exist.  There were a few brave companies making a few products.  Now it's a nightmare to figure out which product to buy.  I'm not one of those who likes to collect 20 cans and 17 amps etc etc but prefer to make a good choice and just live with it. If I don't make a good choice for my tastes I sell it and try again.  But now there is so much good stuff I want to buy something every day. 

I can honestly say that is not going to happen with the A12.  It works for me.  Today it passed the chain saw test.  I worked with a chainsaw for two hours wearing it and a set of hearing protector muffs over the A12s.  I heard nothing but music. They did as good as the ear plugs I wear under hearing muffs.

I hear you..
Now you should get Layla..i did..help..:)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back