1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 10, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #1,396 of 9,124
I had some initial concerns for my fit as well, my go to IEMS are a silicone tipped set of westones which are very snug. (possibly even a little overmolded) The A12s are truly a perfect fit with no hot spots. I wear mine for about 14 hours straight with no issues. The fit initially felt a little bit lose and the bass potentially lacking but after wearing them for a while the perceivable difference in bass from really pressing them in to my head is maybe 5% if that leading me to think it is a very nice seal. The isolation itself is solid as well I have worn mine on my motorcycle as alternate earplugs and the volume doesn't sit much higher than if I was listening in my office. 

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #1,397 of 9,124
I'm debating between getting the A12 at a CanJam discount, or, for the same price, I could get both a V-8 and V-6 stage.  Chuck (at Canjam) said they are going to phase out their old line to make room for the A & U's.

Can anybody compare the A12 vs the V-8 and V-6 Stage?

A12 sounds like a better V8, with more neutral sound signature. Not by much IMO

v6s sound is impressive for its price, it sounds really open with good soundstage and imaging.

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #1,399 of 9,124
Is 1964 EARS discounting their old lineup to make way for the newer A lineup? If so, V6S is a very nice CIEM.

I highly doubt it since these are custom products. I could see that being the case, if they had lots of inventory on hand, but now that I understand why they are coming up with the universal versions. It makes complete sense that they are trying to maintain an affordable line-up. I know many musicians who begun using 1964, because of their price/performance ratio. I think that with the new prices given the implementation of the Adel modules, 1964 would price themselves out of many musicians pockets (and audiophiles too), but with the universal series, they are trying to maintain the price-point accessible to more people. 

Apr 10, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #1,400 of 9,124
Is 1964 EARS discounting their old lineup to make way for the newer A lineup? If so, V6S is a very nice CIEM.

I talked to 1964's PR guy and he said they're going to discontinue V series and basically make all of them into adel series. Some (maybe) will sold too as universal edition. 

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #1,401 of 9,124
So let's see if I've got this right.

The A12 is not the king of isolation, but part of that may attributable to the ADEL self-tuning port?  When you get the user adjustable port, you should be able to close it and increase isolation.

On other posts, I'm seeing some folks say the customs are a bit loose which may also affect the isolation.  I don't know if I want to take the time to get earmolds if there's going to be some "play" in the fit.  Don't you get CIEMs for a good, snug fit?

I'm debating between getting the A12 at a CanJam discount, or, for the same price, I could get both a V-8 and V-6 stage.  Chuck (at Canjam) said they are going to phase out their old line to make room for the A & U's.

Can anybody compare the A12 vs the V-8 and V-6 Stage?

V6-stage custom and A12 universal user here. Please see my brief comparison between the two here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/1230#post_11455748

From my view, A12 is a nice upgrade over V6-S, being smoother and more detailed. The minor treble sibilance problem in V6-S also does not happen in A12. But of course, if you compare the price difference, V6-S has a higher cost-performance ratio.

And the fit of the universal A12 is good enough for me. It doesn't isolate as well as my custom V6-S, but I can listen to music very clearly while on the go.

And if my memory doesn't fail me, I believe some of the details have to be sacrificed in exchange for the bass of V8 (I was trying the demo). I feel that both A12 and V6-S would be able to better handle a wider variety of genres when compared with V8.

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #1,404 of 9,124
Apr 13, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #1,406 of 9,124
  Paging @Malevolent , LOL... Roxanne and K10 owner who tried my A12 yesterday at our local meetup :)

I only know the general conclusion: he's looking to buy an A12 now :)

Doesn't necessarily mean the A12 is better (though it could be) - it could instead mean that a CIEM addict can't help but buy the next nice CIEM - which in this case just happens to be the A12!
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #1,407 of 9,124
Hey guys, does anyone know if the existing V model's will be upgradable to retrofit the Adel Module at a later date? I just placed an order for the V8s about 1 week ago, and I'm doubting whether I should have waited a few more weeks and jumped on the A6 or A8 (assuming pricing will be similar to the V6 and V8).

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #1,408 of 9,124
  Hey guys, does anyone know if the existing V model's will be upgradable to retrofit the Adel Module at a later date? I just placed an order for the V8s about 1 week ago, and I'm doubting whether I should have waited a few more weeks and jumped on the A6 or A8 (assuming pricing will be similar to the V6 and V8).

They are going to look at an upgrade plan (if possible) after the new ones launch, They have a full plate just switching to ADEL right now. The prices will not be the same (higher).

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #1,409 of 9,124

Doesn't necessarily mean the A12 is better (though it could be) - it could instead mean that a CIEM addict can't help but buy the next nice CIEM - which in this case just happens to be the A12!
biggrin.gif

Or it could be both! I'm thanking my lucky stars I backed the A12!

EDIT: I'm NOT the CIEM addict though I was glad to be there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back