1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #1,336 of 9,124

And I don't know if there are any statements from 1964 Ears, but generally, there should be very little difference in sound quality between U and C. It's only when you somehow can't get a good seal with U and tips, that a C might benefit.

There are many seasoned head-fiers who will disagree with you, about that
rolleyes.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #1,338 of 9,124
Posted a quick comparison of my 1964 A12 and Legend R:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746271/1964-adel-a10-a12-new-flagship-discussion-impressions-thread/30#post_11480915

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #1,339 of 9,124
  Awesome! will you be posting in the review/conclusions in this thread or will you start another thread?

Another thread. Too many other IEMs besides A12 :)

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #1,340 of 9,124
  Posted a quick comparison of my 1964 A12 and Legend R:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746271/1964-adel-a10-a12-new-flagship-discussion-impressions-thread/30#post_11480915

Thanks. Still curious about a comparative between the A12s and the Encores, which I consider to be on the top of all CIEMs I have listened to.... but havent being able to audition the A12s

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #1,341 of 9,124
Thanks. Still curious about a comparative between the A12s and the Encores, which I consider to be on the top of all CIEMs I have listened to.... but havent being able to audition the A12s

Coming in a bit. Working though my list, spending a bit of time with my SE5 Ult and K10 next, will add the Encores next up. In fact, I actually have TWO pairs of the ACS Encores due to a slight mixup :) If there's one thing I would say about them so far it's this- I'm *really* curious what they'd sound like on another cable... I've dealt with Linum Bax in the past with other iems and didn't like it. Maybe soundblast75 can chime in as well!

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #1,342 of 9,124
Coming in a bit. Working though my list, spending a bit of time with my SE5 Ult and K10 next, will add the Encores next up. In fact, I actually have TWO pairs of the ACS Encores due to a slight mixup
smily_headphones1.gif
If there's one thing I would say about them so far it's this- I'm *really* curious what they'd sound like on another cable... I've dealt with Linum Bax in the past with other iems and didn't like it. Maybe soundblast75 can chime in as well!

Thanks. Yes, I have ordered the Linum Balanced BAX and have been trying to convince Estron to send me a demo of their beta Super Balanced which is a bit thicker and has less impedance. I really wish they could sell T2 connectors so that I could put them on my TWAg V3s... But I must say I love the lightness and thinness of the BAX

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #1,344 of 9,124
Coming in a bit. Working though my list, spending a bit of time with my SE5 Ult and K10 next, will add the Encores next up. In fact, I actually have TWO pairs of the ACS Encores due to a slight mixup :) If there's one thing I would say about them so far it's this- I'm *really* curious what they'd sound like on another cable... I've dealt with Linum Bax in the past with other iems and didn't like it. Maybe soundblast75 can chime in as well!

Yeah sorry guys, been in the States since yest with 5 hour difference.
I have only heard the Bax with the Encores and love it but am also curious since K10 changed massively for the better with a Rhapsodio silver/gold.
In all honesty ive only been using the A12 since i got them,been burning the ZX2(about 140 hours so far).
I am in love with both Encores and A12 and they are quite different and both absolutely brilliant!
I am trying to listen at the mo,with an A to B on ZX2 which is not the best way but so far once you get past the fit feeling in changing b/n the 2 id say Acs are less pronounced in the treble and very refined up there whilst the A12 pairs to a bit more extended but more in your face kind a top with zx2.id say its a typical for at least 2 ba drivers dedicated treble kind, I am waiting for zx2 to get to over 200 hours to see if itll improve.
Mid bass is very pronounced with Encores whilst A12 feels less body yet it has some of the deepest sub extension ive heard in an iem.
Ill post more as i go,sorry im jumping from wifi to wifi and having far to good a time drinks etc at the mo:laughing::beers:

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #1,350 of 9,124
Yeah sorry guys, been in the States since yest with 5 hour difference.
I have only heard the Bax with the Encores and love it but am also curious since K10 changed massively for the better with a Rhapsodio silver/gold.
In all honesty ive only been using the A12 since i got them,been burning the ZX2(about 140 hours so far).
I am in love with both Encores and A12 and they are quite different and both absolutely brilliant!
I am trying to listen at the mo,with an A to B on ZX2 which is not the best way but so far once you get past the fit feeling in changing b/n the 2 id say Acs are less pronounced in the treble and very refined up there whilst the A12 pairs to a bit more extended but more in your face kind a top with zx2.id say its a typical for at least 2 ba drivers dedicated treble kind, I am waiting for zx2 to get to over 200 hours to see if itll improve.
Mid bass is very pronounced with Encores whilst A12 feels less body yet it has some of the deepest sub extension ive heard in an iem.
Ill post more as i go,sorry im jumping from wifi to wifi and having far to good a time drinks etc at the mo:laughing::beers:

Thanks. The 200hrs ZX2 burn was true to my ears. The Encores pair amazingly well and it sounds like the A12s also match, its an amazing DAP, top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back