1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 11, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #1,142 of 9,124
My status is still on shells poured from 2/20 but I just got the following email.

Your order is currently at the assembly station and we’ve found that unfortunately your ears are too small to fit the recessed sockets. We will continue your order without that customization.

Never thought I had small ears and was looking forward to recessed sockets but at least they are progressing with the build of the A12.

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #1,144 of 9,124
  That's positive news that production continues despite the lack of updates on the website.  Question is where are the adjustable modules?

I sent an email asking if they received them from the manufacturer and if they had been tested and cleared.  The response avoided a direct answer and just indicated that they are still expecting to start shipping this month (no specific dates given).  I would hope that if they still had problems with the adjustable modules they would let us know.

Fingers are crossed.

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,146 of 9,124
  Seems most if not all KS orders stopped progressing before end of February? Don't know what's up apart from getting the right manufacturers to produce the adjustable modules

I was sitting on "Shells Poured" since 2/24.  Then I got the next 3 steps on 3/9 and step 9 today (3/11).  They're still working and not sitting around waiting for the ADEL modules.

If you're not on step 9 yet, I don't think you're technically being delayed by the ADEL modules yet, since yours wouldn't be ready to ship anyways.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,147 of 9,124
That's probably true.  Mine have been sitting at Step 5 since 2/27 but until they start shipping finished product I won't feel bad about it.

At the moment I don't feel like 1964Ears is late.  They said they hoped to deliver by the end of February but there are always snags with new products.  If they make it by the end of March I'd say they did pretty good on delivering.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that they haven't encountered one of those wicked problems for which there is no good solution.

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #1,149 of 9,124
I just got my A12s updated from shells poured Step 5 (2/27)  to faceplates applied Step 7 (3/13).  Step 8 is graphics and I have none to apply so my next Step is Step 9 buffing and then they are ready to go out the door. I suspect if the faceplate is applied today it won't be long before they are buffed out.   But will we have modules by then?  Who knows?

The drama continues.......love it.

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #1,150 of 9,124
I've got an experience to add:

My order is at Step 5: Shells poured. However, I just received an email today saying:

"We are still waiting on your ear Impressions for your A12 order, Also did you receive a link from 1964 Ears to custom design your IEM (In-Ear Monitors)?

Please get back to us soon as you can, We would love to help process your order.

Thank You"

... wat.

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #1,154 of 9,124
I am prob the very last one coz i was moved to A12 after backing different product by mistake and mine just moved to step 6 so i guess they're pretty much on schedule :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back