1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 5, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #976 of 9,124
I know I said it already, but, damn those are some fine people running 1964! They also REALLY do appreciate all us kickstarter backers, throwing down our cash on a unheard unreviewed piece of kit and of course their good name.

I'm absolutely sure they are, but they definitely have a strange way of showing in the Kickstarter project. Hardly any questions have been answered in the past weeks. They really should improve their responsiveness. Many of us dropped hundreds of dollars and all we ask is an adequate answer here and there. No response in this forum from 1964Ears either.

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #977 of 9,124
V6S and A12 both clear, head stage FAR bigger and better on A12, natural feeling no pressure. Different class of headphone I think. For my wife head stage was huge difference and some singing and high notes on her V6S cause her eaRS to seize up in discomfort, NONE of that with the A12, dare I say ADEL at work.

This is exactly what I hope the Adel tech will do!

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #978 of 9,124
V6S and A12 both clear, head stage FAR bigger and better on A12, natural feeling no pressure. Different class of headphone I think. For my wife head stage was huge difference and some singing and high notes on her V6S cause her eaRS to seize up in discomfort, NONE of that with the A12, dare I say ADEL at work.

I would think of the A12 sound sign to be closer to the V6S than different compared to the V6 or V8. Again when we get the A12's in hand we can compare more. She mostly noticed how much more comfortable hee ears felt with the A12's.

Thanks for the thoughts!!

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #979 of 9,124
is there an expected release date for the A12? ^^ 

I'm a JH 13 FP owner and i heard A12 is really great and it will be an upgrade to people who are looking for something a little warmer than 13FP with a little more bass but still having that airy, clear, open sound.

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #980 of 9,124

Appreciated your reply and would have liked to comment on it if only it wasn't deleted. Just to be clear, I'm not arguing 1964's customer satisfaction at all just saying that they lacked responsiveness from the beginning of this project, they clearly wanted the backers but not their questions-comments-worries. They could have done a pre-order on their website + HF Sponsor exposure but they chose a Kickstarter project instead to reach for a broader audience, a project only Stephen answering questions (he literally said he hates typing!). They definitely weren't up to it and many questions unanswered......

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #981 of 9,124
I actually agree with Jobbing. I pulled out of the KS near the end because only Stephen was answering questions, and the answers didn't seem well-considered. If Vitaly had jumped in and started fielding questions, I would've felt much more confident and my wallet would be several hundred lighter :wink_face:

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #982 of 9,124
No doubt the people from 1964 are doing the best they can and meet/exceed our expectations. I feel comfortable with the company and its products and no doubts they will deliver and then some.

On the other hand, as an international backer I would have appreciated a more transparent situation, in fact the lack of it kept me from upping my pledge from U6 to customs and thus stick with universals. Because of higher initial costs, VAT on the customs version I bet many international backers did the same. 1964ADEL could have raised much more money by just being open and answer questions by a dedicated customer support guy and technical ones by Stephen

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #983 of 9,124
I actually agree with Jobbing. I pulled out of the KS near the end because only Stephen was answering questions, and the answers didn't seem well-considered. If Vitaly had jumped in and started fielding questions, I would've felt much more confident and my wallet would be several hundred lighter :wink_face:

Any regrets not joining after hearing all of the good reviews?

They were really busy due to black friday orders + kickstarter. They answered questions if you called them or emailed them.

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #984 of 9,124
Well, part of me didn't want to join because I saw Stephen giving very generic answers and only answering sporadically. Part of me wanted to hold off and see what the ADEL tech could do once it was distributed to reviewers with the final implementation and adequate direction - felt like the attempt to get joker to review them was too little, too late and without adequate assessment of the actual ADEL tech.

So yes, and no? Maybe? I'll know for sure once I see reviews from more people and final product, I guess...

No digs on the 1964 team, though. I stopped by a few months ago and was impressed with the operation and their IEM!

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #985 of 9,124
I agree with everything said in the last few posts, i went mainly with the good review reputation 1964 has, but was also disappointed with the lack of quick response in the begining.
Everything was handled well at the end tho on 1964's behalf and communication has been good since my impressions arrived.

If the A12 is what it should be i will praise it as it deserves, but since i have as high customs and universals as you get and if i smell rat, i will let you all know
evil_smiley.gif

Really good to hear the community has people that think and observe rather than just buy the next TOTL product that's thrown at us..

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #986 of 9,124
Guys I just completed my interview with Vitaliy for my upcoming TOTL CIEM shootout article. He knows it was an interview so I consider everything we discussed fair game.

He admitted that managing kickstarter was a bit of a challenge for a company that already has daily operations to deal with, and in future he would have reviews, dedicated kickstarter staff, and etc lined up well in advance.

That being said, he really appreciated our willingness to jump in sight unseen/ sound unheard, and it was clear he really values us as early adopters. I just don't think they were that cued into kickstarter culture.

He also mentioned that they tended to focus more on the musician community than the audiophile one (it seemed like their company literally shut down pre-NAMM to prepare), although the latter one is becoming more and more critical as well.

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #987 of 9,124
Guys I just completed my interview with Vitaliy for my upcoming TOTL CIEM shootout article. He knows it was an interview so I consider everything we discussed fair game.

He admitted that managing kickstarter was a bit of a challenge for a company that already has daily operations to deal with, and in future he would have reviews, dedicated kickstarter staff, and etc lined up well in advance.

That being said, he really appreciated our willingness to jump in sight unseen/ sound unheard, and it was clear he really values us as early adopters. I just don't think they were that cued into kickstarter culture.

He also mentioned that they tended to focus more on the musician community than the audiophile one (it seemed like their company literally shut down pre-NAMM to prepare), although the latter one is becoming more and more critical as well.

Thanks for passing the message. In the end the Kickstarter will turn out to be successful for everyone involved and we've all learned from it. I'm sure 1964Ears has evaluated this campaign very well and will prep better next time - if there will be any -. Hopefully Vitaliy will have some spare time this weekend to answer the questions still open on Kickstarter :wink:

Thanks again, looking forward to reading your TOTL CIEM shootout as I'm still contemplating on a few that will be in it

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #988 of 9,124
@miandnan

Thanks for the impressions!

Let's see if I'm reading your feedback correctly:
  1. The A12 is a much improved take on the V6-Stage
  2. Smoother treble (no fatigue)
  3. It has reduced in-ear pressure
  4. Natural, effortless & detailed bass
  5. Increased sound stage

With the last three items  presumably due to the ADEL technology.

Seem about right?

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #989 of 9,124
@miandnan

Thanks for the impressions!

Let's see if I'm reading your feedback correctly:
  • The A12 is a much improved take on the V6-Stage
  • Smoother treble (no fatigue)
  • It has reduced in-ear pressure
  • Natural, effortless & detailed bass
  • Increased sound stage

With the last three items  presumably due to the ADEL technology.

Seem about right?

Smoother treble sounds right (though my wife did more back and forth) between those 2 more ... I might describe it as a peak in the treble for the V6S that hurts her ears. It is not noticeable for her on for example the 8.A's which has smooth treble.

Whether her comfort was due more to the tuning of the treble or adel, can't say right now.

It is closer to the V6S than the V8 to my ears ... But no is not a take on the V6S, sort of like the clarity of the V6S, soundstage of the 8.A, as well as some of the 8.A (not V8) sweetness, with more openness and ease than any of those.

Last 3 points totally yes and totally due to Adel, the bass is not as thick as the V8 or 8.A, but if you listen for a while you realize that what is really missing is the stuffiness of the bass, it feels like it is going all around the room not all shoved into your head.

Due to that if you are coming from something like the 8.A or V8 takes a bit to adjust ... Though I find the 8.A surprisingly easy to switch to and from as they are both spacious and somehow the 8.A's bass is not too stifling but again A12 is more natural ... Not neutral as in tuning I.e. not as in "leaner more detailed aka less bass" but with Adel and the large stoundstage it sounds or rather feels how it should and that is Adel!

If in love with a V8 you might miss the intamicy of it, I like big soundstage so for me the 8.A is far preferred to the V8 and thus the A12 is a fantastic experience ... If you want really thick explosive pounding your eardrum bass right in your head the large headstage and lack of pressure in your ear will defiantly take an adjustment period.

I will say V6S, VS and A12 are clearly all from 1964 and share a very detailed clean sound ... If you have listened to other V series already you will have a good idea of the basic flavor... Just make it much more spacious effortless, realistic especially to bass and easy in your eardrum and you will have a very good idea of the A12.

On mobile I will check for typos later. :)

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #990 of 9,124
Smoother treble sounds right (though my wife did more back and forth) between those 2 more ... I might describe it as a peak in the treble for the V6S that hurts her ears. It is not noticeable for her on for example the 8.A's which has smooth treble.

Whether her comfort was due more to the tuning of the treble or adel, can't say right now.

It is closer to the V6S than the V8 to my ears ... But no is not a take on the V6S, sort of like the clarity of the V6S, soundstage of the 8.A, as well as some of the 8.A (not V8) sweetness, with more openness and ease than any of those.

Last 3 points totally yes and totally due to Adel, the bass is not as thick as the V8 or 8.A, but if you listen for a while you realize that what is really missing is the stuffiness of the bass, it feels like it is going all around the room not all shoved into your head.

Due to that if you are coming from something like the 8.A or V8 takes a bit to adjust ... Though I find the 8.A surprisingly easy to switch to and from as they are both spacious and somehow the 8.A's bass is not too stifling but again A12 is more natural ... Not neutral as in tuning I.e. not as in "leaner more detailed aka less bass" but with Adel and the large stoundstage it sounds or rather feels how it should and that is Adel!

If in love with a V8 you might miss the intamicy of it, I like big soundstage so for me the 8.A is far preferred to the V8 and thus the A12 is a fantastic experience ... If you want really thick explosive pounding your eardrum bass right in your head the large headstage and lack of pressure in your ear will defiantly take an adjustment period.

I will say V6S, VS and A12 are clearly all from 1964 and share a very detailed clean sound ... If you have listened to other V series already you will have a good idea of the basic flavor... Just make it much more spacious effortless, realistic especially to bass and easy in your eardrum and you will have a very good idea of the A12.

On mobile I will check for typos later.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for your impressions miandnan,

a question about the ambient port, how does it influence the bass quantity, when discussing bass, did you listen at the optimum, in, (max bass) position,
would you generally discribe the bass as enough for contemporary bass electronic kind, or is it more like linear, quality, but less slam type?
Many thanks for your input and time
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back