1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 12, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #346 of 9,124
Oh, I guess they can just be reshelled?  That's good, I actually didn't realize that (like I said, I've never had any.  Always wanted some because my right ear is weird shaped and I've never found a comfortable IEM for it.  Very frustrating!)

I look forward to being able to lie down in these, which I've never been able to do comfortably with non-customs too.

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #348 of 9,124
1. Tyll wrote briefly on the ADEL tech before, you can google it. While he had his reservations, he also agreed with some of the points stated by Stephen. He mentioned he'll do his own testing later on but i think he forgot all about that :p

2. The cable mic will also work for android, but only the basic function, e.g. play/pause/answer + mic.

3. It is an audiophile product, but by going through Kickstarter they are also targeting general consumers. And understandably most of them would want a mic option too.
I know i myself would probably have that cable mic stored in a dusty cupboard somewhere...

Not true, different phone makers I.E. Samsung vs Motorola have different pun layouts so mic function often does not work even between different android devices, let along android to apple. Mostly due to the fact neither Samsung nor apple use standards other manufacturers generally stick to.

In short this will work on some android phones and not others, makes it really annoying when your phone won't work with it or perhaps your next phone, bad bad bad idea!

Hurts there cred with me.

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #349 of 9,124
This is a nice update from my conversation with Stephen, i'm sure many of you would be happy in his reply (especially demos being sent out to press for impressions). In fact i'm even more excited now knowing that Stevie Wonder cried when he heard the IEM :)

Very happy with his reply and for you to have that conversation plus share it!

Thanks bro!

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #350 of 9,124
I'm not clear on the Adele vs the 1964/Adele model differences. I see the shape, there is some description, but, it seems the discounts are much more for the Adel than for the ones that have 1964 as part of the title. The shape of the 1964 U series is more appealing to me, in the Westone mold (which I believe come from hearing aid shapes), but the sound description of the Adele Ambient 12 is very appealing, audiophile type, open sound, the U sound seems to be "thicker" by the descriptions. The 50% price discount on the Ambient 12 is also very appealing. Seems they are both equally shared projects by Adel and 1964Ears, but the way they present it makes it sound like the different companies are more responsible for the one that features their name. Oh, decisions, decisions, temptations, temptations (and I'm already overspent, having gone for an open box Hifiman HD-560, and whatever Light Harmonics tempts me with in the Geek offerings. Sheesh!)

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #351 of 9,124
Oh, I guess they can just be reshelled?  That's good, I actually didn't realize that (like I said, I've never had any.  Always wanted some because my right ear is weird shaped and I've never found a comfortable IEM for it.  Very frustrating!)

I look forward to being able to lie down in these, which I've never been able to do comfortably with non-customs too.

Like you, I also have problems with my right ear. In this case, it's bigger than my left one, thus I can have slight issues with fit and tips on universal IEMs. Anyway, customs will resolve these niggling problems with a perfect fit. You'll love the comfort.

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #352 of 9,124
This is a nice update from my conversation with Stephen, i'm sure many of you would be happy in his reply (especially demos being sent out to press for impressions). In fact i'm even more excited now knowing that Stevie Wonder cried when he heard the IEM :)

Besides the press (and maybe hard-core reviewers like SGS, Joker, AverageJoe, etc), would you be one of the lucky few to review the ADEL series? I would be very interested in your opinion especially since we kind of share similar hp/rigs/interests (Dita, X5, Rockets, FAD, etc)

Edit: Obviously I'm not going to share any hps, I feel we have something in common:wink:

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #353 of 9,124
Besides the press (and maybe hard-core reviewers like SGS, Joker, AverageJoe, etc), would you be one of the lucky few to review the ADEL series? I would be very interested in your opinion especially since we kind of share similar hp/rigs/interests (Dita, X5, Rockets, FAD, etc)

Sorry, i think you mistook me for someone else lol
My rig (including past rig) includes JH13, 1964 Ears V6, FAD Heaven S, Rockets, SE215, HD700, Momentum, V-Moda M100, AK240, AK100MK2, X3, C3 etc.

And most likely not, he mentioned only the press who'll be writing articles about them. So i'm assuming well established audio websites :wink:

Nov 14, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #355 of 9,124
  Haven't had time to scrutinize it, but I do have definite reservations about the efficacy of ADEL as a technology.

I'm sure everyone has...

Nov 14, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #356 of 9,124
I was able to demo the ADEL membranes courtesy of Stephen in Portland, OR. Here is the first thing that caught my attention, I pushed the headphones deep into my ears while listening, the sound didn't change. It's almost like the pressure equalizes and doesn't change the sound as you press. Given they were modified skull candy headphones and not the current model the sound was much wider and the low end was deeper. For skull candy they actually sounded pretty good compared to the un modified set. There was no dial just a fixed membrane. I also noticed that the occlusion effect was drastically reduced. These were the few things that caught my attention in the few minutes I got to hear them. All I can say was its the opposite from what I expected like with an ambient port. This Lense does incredible things I can't wrap my mind around how this happens. In person Stephen makes a strong case. Can't wait to hear the A-12's with this membrane. From what I heard I'm all on board.

Nov 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #357 of 9,124
I'm wondering if the A12 is to the A10 what the V8 is to the V6stage?

Nov 14, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #358 of 9,124
Nov 14, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #359 of 9,124
Any idea if there is any point of reference for the A12 then?

Nov 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #360 of 9,124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back