1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #16 of 9,124
  I'm not sure if a membrane can be utilized in an adjustable valve. For one thing, the ADEL featured silicone tips expands to relieve pressure from the iem cavity, while maintaining a sealed ear canal but as a result the ADEL causes a reduction in spl of lower frequencies and no ambient noise to enter. 

Plus I found out that the $100 dollar earphone on the launch website is in fact produced by Asius Technologies. Not sure about the 200 dollar model though. 
blink.gif

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/asius-technologies-ambrose-diaphonic-ear-lens

EDIT: Turns out I have not read the entire page in detail and did not read the section where both 1964 and Asius have collaborated. My bad. 
basshead.gif

I did note that the 1964 name is not even applied to the lesser two IEMs - only the custom/universal versions of the V series IEMs....

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #17 of 9,124
  I did note that the 1964 name is not even applied to the lesser two IEMs - only the custom/universal versions of the V series IEMs....

Good call. It seems that these IEMs' focal points are more about utilizing the RealLoud ear-saving technology and to me that is great and all, but I won't want it if I find out it doesn't have 1964 Ears sound quality. Any information about the Studio IEMs would be great as I feel those are the ones in which most of us here will buy if we support the project at all. Plus, I'm wondering what type of sound they'll be bringing in the CIEMs as they're $1000 in the EarlyBird special, topping their most expensive IEM @ $900. Is this due to the new technology or is there something new with the drivers (aside from RealLoud)?

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #18 of 9,124

Good call. It seems that these IEMs' focal points are more about utilizing the RealLoud ear-saving technology and to me that is great and all, but I won't want it if I find out it doesn't have 1964 Ears sound quality. Any information about the Studio IEMs would be great as I feel those are the ones in which most of us here will buy if we support the project at all. Plus, I'm wondering what type of sound they'll be bringing in the CIEMs as they're $1000 in the EarlyBird special, topping their most expensive IEM @ $900. Is this due to the new technology or is there something new with the drivers (aside from RealLoud)?

I imagine they are going to have to produce a large number of demos of the V-Series ADEL IEMs so there can be (if warranted) a buzz surrounding them and the technology. But I think that if it works, we will find out in pretty short order - as for myself, not sure I am ready to drop $1K on being a guinea pig - lol.

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #19 of 9,124

I imagine they are going to have to produce a large number of demos of the V-Series ADEL IEMs so there can be (if warranted) a buzz surrounding them and the technology. But I think that if it works, we will find out in pretty short order - as for myself, not sure I am ready to drop $1K on being a guinea pig - lol.

I don't think anyone is willing to be either - at least not until they get some more information. I inquired with 1964 Ears support as to what type of specifications we can expect to see for the UniEars as I don't see their Kickstarter page being technical about frequency response and specifications of the drivers, but rather the RealLoud in which these are focused around. If they respond, I'll post it here but hopefully some others inquire about it too so they (1964) take the next step in providing that information if they weren't already going to.

EDIT: Not that I'm too interested in the specifications, I just want to know what kind of overall sound we can expect.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #21 of 9,124
+1

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #23 of 9,124
Okay - so you are saying the Kickstarter page doesn't yet exist....

I am signed up - but haven't received any info yet...

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #25 of 9,124
In the video on the 1964Adel page it shows the membrane moving with the speaker. that probably has something to do with this membrane that is mentioned. Christopher Martin once said "Your guess is as good as mine."

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #26 of 9,124
So does anybody think it'll be a good idea to get the Universals at $300? I've been interested in 1964 for a while now, so this is fairly tempting... hopefully we'll get more information soon.

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #29 of 9,124

"I don’t have information about the ADEL tuning yet. I’ll probably have those details in a few weeks.

Regards,
Customer Service Representative
1964 EARS, LLC "

But since they mention eliminating pneumatic pressure, simply expect these IEMs to sound louder "even at lower levels".

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #30 of 9,124
Info up on the Adel Customs - 10 driver & 12 driver - nothing less - big guns!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back