1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Aug 13, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #1,951 of 9,124
  Did anyone get that update email about upgrades with a very limited time to decide, but the upgrade site is not available when you click on the link to 1964ears?

What's going on?

Check your email filter. The email with the link could have gone to your junk mail. However, go to the update on the Kickstarter and follow the link. Like @Ayao said, make sure that you are first logged in, otherwise the link won't work. It's also explained on the update. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #1,952 of 9,124
Also, for some of you interested in knowing the pricing for the updated Adel lineup, They just gave these prices (MSRP) on Kickstarter for the new lineup. They will offer introductory pricing, but here are the prices for a reference for some that wanted to know:

A12  (MSRP $1999) 
A10  (MSRP $1799) 
A8    (MSRP $1399) 
A6    (MSRP $1199) 
A4    (MSRP $899)

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #1,953 of 9,124
Also, for some of you interested in knowing the pricing for the updated Adel lineup, They just gave these prices (MSRP) on Kickstarter for the new lineup. They will offer introductory pricing, but here are the prices for a reference for some that wanted to know:

A12  (MSRP $1999) 
A10  (MSRP $1799) 
A8    (MSRP $1399) 
A6    (MSRP $1199) 
A4    (MSRP $899)

What i like to know is if the A6 would be somewhat similar to the V6... If only i could get to listen to it somehow (but since I am not residing in US, i doubt i will get that chance).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #1,954 of 9,124
What i like to know is if the A6 would be somewhat similar to the V6... If only i could get to listen to it somehow (but since I am not residing in US, i doubt i will get that chance).

I listened to the V6, and A6 at the Seattle meet. To me they sounded quite similar in terms of the FR, however the V6 lacked an expansive soundstage due to not having the Adel module, whatever you call it. The A6 sounded more like an expensive pair of headphones with a nice soundstage, while the V6 was a lot more closed in, and sounded like an IEM would normally sound.

KaminKev was also there with me, and since he bought the A6 he can probably give more detail between the two.

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #1,955 of 9,124
KaminKev was also there with me, and since he bought the A6 he can probably give more detail between the two.

I can't really comment on the V6. I elected to not listen to it, as I was really wanting something that wouldn't fatigue my ears (I have issues with fatigue from treble, but I really enjoy treble, so it's been a struggle for me.) and I wanted something that sounded balanced. Now, I can't comment on the V6, but I certainly can comment on the A6 and compare it to what I've heard about the V6 and I can compare to the SE535, so hopefully you've listened to one at some point so you can have some point of reference. 

Now, first off, it really should be pretty similar. The A6 is a very, very balanced and neutral sound signature. When I listened to the SE535, I found that it would fatigue my ears within about ten minutes due to the treble energy (and they don't have especially bright treble). The A6, I would say, had treble with more energy than the SE535, but (and I assume that the Adel module is the culprit here) the A6 had no noticeable fatigue for me, and sounded absolutely excellent. To my ears, it sounds as natural, more so even, than the HD650, and it was incredible. Very detailed, and well balanced. Balance between all frequencies was above something like the HE-500, and the detail was amazing. The Adel module makes a VERY noticeable difference to my listening, and I was incredibly impressed by it. In my listening, the Adel module does everything 1964 says it does. I haven't had a chance to listen to the A6 for hours on end, as I don't yet have mine in hand, but I doubt I would have any issues leaving them in my ears, playing music for 12 hours or longer (and I plan to do just that on an international flight I have planned for this Thanksgiving). Let me put it this way: They sound better to me than anything else I've ever listened to, with the only exception I can think of being the $40,000 full size 2.1 floorstanding speaker setup that my family used to own. The only things I can think of that tie the A6 for me are some very nice speaker setups at my local speaker shop. (disclaimer: They didn't have the A8 on hand at the meet, and I didn't listen to the A10 because I didn't want to be influenced into buying something far outside of my already stretched budget, and I was already $100 out of budget for the A6...)

Oh, the bass... I forgot to mention that... It's very flat sounding, as far as quantity goes, but the quality is astounding, and it reaches down to the deepest depths. It went as low as my Denon D7k (which goes really, really low) but it was much better balanced than the aforementioned Denons. The bass never reached into the mids, and never affected the treble. And mids are wonderfully natural, and vocals are some of the best I've heard. Very, very impressive. 

I certainly preferred it to the A12, which to me has too much bass, and has a slightly weird sound. I'm not sure why I find it so odd, but something doesn't seem quite right about it. (Note: That may very well be due to the fact that I've never listened to $2,000 headphones much before, so I don't really have anything to compare to in that price range.) 

The A6 are very, very good, and to my ears, they punch above their weight for what I would expect for their price (even at their MSRP).

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #1,956 of 9,124
  I can't really comment on the V6. I elected to not listen to it, as I was really wanting something that wouldn't fatigue my ears (I have issues with fatigue from treble, but I really enjoy treble, so it's been a struggle for me.) and I wanted something that sounded balanced. Now, I can't comment on the V6, but I certainly can comment on the A6 and compare it to what I've heard about the V6 and I can compare to the SE535, so hopefully you've listened to one at some point so you can have some point of reference. 

Now, first off, it really should be pretty similar. The A6 is a very, very balanced and neutral sound signature. When I listened to the SE535, I found that it would fatigue my ears within about ten minutes due to the treble energy (and they don't have especially bright treble). The A6, I would say, had treble with more energy than the SE535, but (and I assume that the Adel module is the culprit here) the A6 had no noticeable fatigue for me, and sounded absolutely excellent. To my ears, it sounds as natural, more so even, than the HD650, and it was incredible. Very detailed, and well balanced. Balance between all frequencies was above something like the HE-500, and the detail was amazing. The Adel module makes a VERY noticeable difference to my listening, and I was incredibly impressed by it. In my listening, the Adel module does everything 1964 says it does. I haven't had a chance to listen to the A6 for hours on end, as I don't yet have mine in hand, but I doubt I would have any issues leaving them in my ears, playing music for 12 hours or longer (and I plan to do just that on an international flight I have planned for this Thanksgiving). Let me put it this way: They sound better to me than anything else I've ever listened to, with the only exception I can think of being the $40,000 full size 2.1 floorstanding speaker setup that my family used to own. The only things I can think of that tie the A6 for me are some very nice speaker setups at my local speaker shop. (disclaimer: They didn't have the A8 on hand at the meet, and I didn't listen to the A10 because I didn't want to be influenced into buying something far outside of my already stretched budget, and I was already $100 out of budget for the A6...)

Oh, the bass... I forgot to mention that... It's very flat sounding, as far as quantity goes, but the quality is astounding, and it reaches down to the deepest depths. It went as low as my Denon D7k (which goes really, really low) but it was much better balanced than the aforementioned Denons. The bass never reached into the mids, and never affected the treble. And mids are wonderfully natural, and vocals are some of the best I've heard. Very, very impressive. 

I certainly preferred it to the A12, which to me has too much bass, and has a slightly weird sound. I'm not sure why I find it so odd, but something doesn't seem quite right about it. (Note: That may very well be due to the fact that I've never listened to $2,000 headphones much before, so I don't really have anything to compare to in that price range.) 

The A6 are very, very good, and to my ears, they punch above their weight for what I would expect for their price (even at their MSRP).

Thanks for the detailed impression. I originally ordered the U6 and then upgraded to U12 since almost everyone was giving positive reviews on it. Now I might reconsider to change back to the U6 option
triportsad.gif

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #1,957 of 9,124
Kevin, do you think the U12 (we did listen to the U series, right?) sounded odd to both of us since we are so used to headphones? I think there's a slight overlap in frequencies between drivers, which could be playing with our ears in a way we are not used to.

I really want to hear one again and critically listen outside of meet conditions. Though the U10 did not sound at all abnormal, and that's still a lot of drivers. I wonder if the U12 at the meet was having an issue, since we both experienced the same thing with the same IEM.

If it wasn't for that small abnormality we heard, that may be the greatest sounding sound making thing I have ever heard, ever. Well, aside from the HE-1000, those just sound astonishing.

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #1,958 of 9,124
  Check your email filter. The email with the link could have gone to your junk mail. However, go to the update on the Kickstarter and follow the link. Like @Ayao said, make sure that you are first logged in, otherwise the link won't work. It's also explained on the update. 

I clicked it from my email, with myself logged into the 1964ears website, and on clicking to the "upgrade" url, I get a 404 error that the page does not exist. :frowning2:

Aug 13, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #1,959 of 9,124
  Kevin, do you think the U12 (we did listen to the U series, right?) sounded odd to both of us since we are so used to headphones? I think there's a slight overlap in frequencies between drivers, which could be playing with our ears in a way we are not used to.

I really want to hear one again and critically listen outside of meet conditions. Though the U10 did not sound at all abnormal, and that's still a lot of drivers. I wonder if the U12 at the meet was having an issue, since we both experienced the same thing with the same IEM.

If it wasn't for that small abnormality we heard, that may be the greatest sounding sound making thing I have ever heard, ever. Well, aside from the HE-1000, those just sound astonishing.

Actually, I didn't listen to the one that 1964 had. I listened to the Universal version of the A12 that one of the forum members had at the mini meet over on Bainbridge Island. (Bottlehead HQ)
The issues that I heard with that one were consistent with what you described at the Seattle meet. 

I clicked it from my email, with myself logged into the 1964ears website, and on clicking to the "upgrade" url, I get a 404 error that the page does not exist. :frowning2:

From what I've heard, that link isn't up and running yet, but I'm not a Backer, so I'm not sure. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back