1964 Ears/ 64 Audio | ADEL A10/ U10/ A12/ U12 - New Flagship Discussion / Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #61 of 142
Cyber Monday Sale

Did you miss the Black Friday savings? TODAY ONLY, get 20% off all A-Series, U-Series, V6-Stage, V8 In-Ear Monitors. Sale ends today, November, 30th at 11:59pm PST.

Order at www.1964ears.com and use promo code: CM15 at checkout. Open to all international customers.

Dec 1, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #63 of 142
I think the title of this thread should be updated to reflect that the U10/12s are also flagship, just universal.. Would help with people searching
biggrin.gif

Done!

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #64 of 142
Will I notice a big difference between the A12 vs my current Shure SE846? Through say a Chord Mojo.

Dec 4, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #66 of 142
I tried A12 with Mojo and IMO the synergy is not perfect. A12 plays a bit better with iBasso DX100 and HiFiMan HM-901.

Are there any smaller DAC that plays really well with the A12??

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #67 of 142
Are there any smaller DAC that plays really well with the A12??

I listened to a few portable DAC/Amps with A12:
- Alo Continental V3
- Teac HA 50
- Onkyo HA 200
- Oppo HA2
- Fiio E12A
- Denon D10
- Headamp pico slim
- Chord Mojo
- TEAC HA-P90SD

I liked the first (Alo Continental V3 amp) and the last (TEAC HA-P90SD dac/amp) best.

BTW: both of those are a bit below DX100 DAP IMO.
I am looking for dac/amp for A12 and Android phone that would play better than DX100.
Found none so far - hope to hear A12 with Alo Rx IEM and Alo CDM in future...

Dec 4, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #68 of 142
Thanks for the reply! 

Another question I've wondered is what's the point between recessed and unrecessed cord attachment? what's the point of that option for the A12? 

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #70 of 142
Sweeeet, thanks! 

Has anyone compared this to a Shure SE846's sound signature yet? Since that's what I have now. 

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #71 of 142
Sweeeet, thanks! 

Has anyone compared this to a Shure SE846's sound signature yet? Since that's what I have now. 

You should check the 1964 ADEL IEMs thread which is the main one and ask @hykhleif, he just made the jump from SE846 to U12

I have owned SE846 for over a year from memory I'd say U12 has a much wider and deeper soundstage, the signature is not too far off with deep bass and smooth and forward mids I'd say treble on the other hand have more detail while being smoother... Overall the presentation is quite different because transparency and clarity are just in another league and also because of how holographic the U12 is (more airy than the SE846 with greater separation).

Bass is not shy on U12 but again presentation is different more layered, textured and detailed.

Mar 28, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #72 of 142
Hey folks, graduating from my RHA T20i's to either the A-12 with manual ADEL when finally released in a few months or the ZEUS, after extensive research still perplexed as to the first among equals here...other gear:  Fiio X7, I suppose with the Mojo if you advise.  Please advise I'd like to move toward a purchase .  Had long, detailed discussion with Steve at 64audio, whom you all know, have not spoken with Jack yet.  Looking for detailed, warm, full sound, expansive sound-stage, great detail, EDM, jazz, rock - no metal,lieder, opera and even disco, mostly in flac.  Is ADEL technology truly saving hearing longevity or a gimmick...thanks, RobSF.

Mar 28, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #73 of 142
Hey folks, graduating from my RHA T20i's to either the A-12 with manual ADEL when finally released in a few months or the ZEUS, after extensive research still perplexed as to the first among equals here...other gear:  Fiio X7, I suppose with the Mojo if you advise.  Please advise I'd like to move toward a purchase .  Had long, detailed discussion with Steve at 64audio, whom you all know, have not spoken with Jack yet.  Looking for detailed, warm, full sound, expansive sound-stage, great detail, EDM, jazz, rock - no metal,lieder, opera and even disco, mostly in flac.  Is ADEL technology truly saving hearing longevity or a gimmick...thanks, RobSF.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #74 of 142

Probably should avoid cross posting :wink:

Answered on the main thread : http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/4455#post_12460957

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #75 of 142
Hello to all on this thread!

Wondering if most of you here order 64Ears ADEL series CIEM from their online store direct or through a local shop in Singapore.

I own a 64Ears Qi CIEM and got it through a local shop in Singapore. Now, I'm a little itching to upgrade to A8 or A12. Wondering what the experience would be like to order online from 64Ears directly. Would it be cheaper, faster?

Hope to hear from anyone on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back