1964 Ears/ 64 Audio | ADEL A10/ U10/ A12/ U12 - New Flagship Discussion / Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #31 of 142
  is there an expected release date for the A12? ^^ 

I'm a JH 13 FP owner and i heard A12 is really great and it will be an upgrade to people who are looking for something a little warmer than 13FP with a little more bass but still having that airy, clear, open sound.

Not sure on a release date but I imagine it wouldn't be too far off. You should email 1964 Ears and ask them.

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #32 of 142
is there an expected release date for the A12? ^^ 

I'm a JH 13 FP owner and i heard A12 is really great and it will be an upgrade to people who are looking for something a little warmer than 13FP with a little more bass but still having that airy, clear, open sound.

I just finished an interview with Vitaliy. He had some interesting comments about the A10 and A12. He said this marked a bit of a departure from his typical house sound of being warmer and more musical. Instead, the ADEL technology allowed him to tune more of a reference sound and still retain a very good stereo image and a sonic experience that was not dry and analytical. This was something that interested me a lot, since initial speculation was that the A10 was like the V6S and the A12 like the V8. Talking to him, it seems the philosophy of the whole line however has shifted, with the A10 and A12 being more neutral and reference than V6S and V8. The A10 is supposed to be the more reference (flat) one, suitable for studio use, whereas the A12 is more akin to a live concert experience- a bigger sound with more kick and excitement. I'll have much more tidbits and anecdotes in my full article, but I thought this was relevant to your question so just figured I'd chime in.

Feb 7, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #33 of 142
I just finished an interview with Vitaliy. He had some interesting comments about the A10 and A12. He said this marked a bit of a departure from his typical house sound of being warmer and more musical. Instead, the ADEL technology allowed him to tune more of a reference sound and still retain a very good stereo image and a sonic experience that was not dry and analytical. This was something that interested me a lot, since initial speculation was that the A10 was like the V6S and the A12 like the V8. Talking to him, it seems the philosophy of the whole line however has shifted, with the A10 and A12 being more neutral and reference than V6S and V8. The A10 is supposed to be the more reference (flat) one, suitable for studio use, whereas the A12 is more akin to a live concert experience- a bigger sound with more kick and excitement. I'll have much more tidbits and anecdotes in my full article, but I thought this was relevant to your question so just figured I'd chime in.

thanks for sharing ~ 
i completely understand what you are saying 
hmm im waiting for people to compare A12 to JH 13 before i pull the trigger in buying anything 

Feb 8, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #34 of 142
Quote:
  So what design did you get??

They haven't received my impressions yet :frowning2:

​This is my final design :wink:  I was so attracted by the A12 demo in NAMM so i decided to use milky white as its body + carbon fibre with my little emblem in bf4 on the left side, I can't wait to compare it with my UM mentor which is my first ciem and I love its style very much more than my se846 (which i never look back again)

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #35 of 142
Quote:

​This is my final design :wink:  I was so attracted by the A12 demo in NAMM so i decided to use milky white as its body + carbon fibre with my little emblem in bf4 on the left side, I can't wait to compare it with my UM mentor which is my first ciem and I love its style very much more than my se846 (which i never look back again)

Nice design on left! Yeah me too. That design in NAMM is so classy. That's why I did mine in white also... First time ever for me:) normally I go for bright colors.

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #37 of 142
  You won't see Wizard level of craftsmanship your A12s ....

As an aside to the discussion, I feel it's only fair to point out that many people assume that the high-end Noble artwork is all done by John Moulton, but that isn't true.

He has some talented employees in a Chinese lab who do a large amount of the CIEM building, including some of the artwork.

This isn't intended negatively. Just giving credit where it is due.

Back to the 1964 discussion, I'm still looking forward to hearing A12 impressions, soon. I hope you will all be happy with your A10/A12purchases.

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #38 of 142
Posted a quick comparison vs the Legend R.

My 1964 A12 is quite close to my Legend R, but with a few key differences. The mids on the A12 are not as forward, being more linear instead. The lower treble on the A12 also doesn't have as much of a dip. The high and low end extension on the A12 is also betterw- especially the highs. Finally, perhaps because of the Adel tech, the separation and layering is simply unreal with the A12.

Similarities- thick note presentation, treble and bass response, overall signature (a bit warm).

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #41 of 142
Price is really subjective, all the more so since none of us on here paid retail price...

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #43 of 142
The real problem here- nobody has heard a U8. Personally, I suspect the unreal layering I hear owes a lot to the adel tech...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back