15th July 2013 Tokyo's Fujiya Summer Portaken Report
Jul 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #16 of 61
@asr, lets tentatively keep 26/27th Oct for free for the moment. Most likely (but unconfirmed!) to be that date.

@Gintaras, Shigzeo made a typo & meant I have a lower torso large enough to rest my camera (as opposed to a beer can) :). But he's right though - D800E & it was a fixed focal length day...AF-D 28/1.4D & 105/2.8 Macro.

@mtthefirst great pix. Both you & kalbee found some stuff I missed! Thank you!

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #17 of 61
Quote:
@Gintaras, Shigzeo made a typo & meant I have a lower torso large enough to rest my camera (as opposed to a beer can) :). But he's right though - D800E & it was a fixed focal length day...AF-D 28/1.4D & 105/2.8 Macro.

My D300s couldn't keep up with your D800E. Next time I probably gonna bring my ultra fast Ai-s 50/1.2 with me. 
size]

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #18 of 61
Where do these events in Japan get announced? I scour the Meets forum frequently and almost never see anything in Japan. If these were announced on Head-Fi far enough in advance (i.e., more than 3 months), I'd be interested in attending at least once.

Nothing against you but I find it annoying to see a report on an event that's already happened that was never announced on Head-Fi (because I never saw anything on Head-Fi about this).

That's because it isn't a meet, and it isn't organized by Head-Fi members per say.
It's a event organized by Fujiya-Avic (store) that also does the Headphone Festivals.
There's also a PortaKen by e-earphone (store) though I believe that's in Osaka.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #19 of 61
Awww I would love to be there.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #20 of 61
Quote:

My D300s couldn't keep up with your D800E. Next time I probably gonna bring my ultra fast Ai-s 50/1.2 with me. 
size]

With proper noise reduction, the D300s would look every bit as good as a D800 does for low-resolution internet. For prints up to A4, I doubt, unless at very very high ISO, any difference would be noted. I work a number of photo studios. All of them use D300/200/800/700/D4/D3, and in most prints, you can't tell the difference. 

Lenses, sure, but it's really about how you use it.

Anak loves (and uses well) shallow focus. Others like deep focus. 

It's all prerogative. If you balance light with a good strobe, any camera with a good flash sync speed can make any photo look great.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #21 of 61
Awww I would love to be there.

Wait you were supposed to be there. I completely forgot. You didn't call me? (No stood up date jokes please :wink:)

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #22 of 61
Quote:

Wait you were supposed to be there. I completely forgot. You didn't call me? (No stood up date jokes please :wink:)

Still waiting for my plane tickets to be confirmed =_=||

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #23 of 61
Quote:

• Music with Hikakugai (Custom hobbyists)

This was an interesting table of audio hobbyists displaying their own custom home-made amplifiers.

myi381 makes an appearance again and even has a fancy LED-lit badge!

Not really... home made. But Project H might have fit nicely there :3

Shameless advertising :D

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #24 of 61
@AnakChan: I want to buy the Hippo ProOne, but after I saw your review about the Custom Balanced cable for the ProOne, I was like (O_O), is it a big change for the ProOne? and what is that white mysterious thing with the ProOne. The point is that I want to buy the Hippo ProOne, but I'm afraid that sooner Jaben will introduce the new Hippo ProOne with custom balanced cable

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #25 of 61
Excellent photo's and information in this thread, very much enjoyed reading!

Pretty girls too. :etysmile:

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #26 of 61
Quote:
@asr, lets tentatively keep 26/27th Oct for free for the moment. Most likely (but unconfirmed!) to be that date.

Thanks for that info but unfortunately I'll be unable to travel in October due to some conflicts. Would you happen to have any info on any events next summer? I might be looking to travel to Korea next year and Japan would be an easy stop on the way.

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #27 of 61

Thanks for that info but unfortunately I'll be unable to travel in October due to some conflicts. Would you happen to have any info on any events next summer? I might be looking to travel to Korea next year and Japan would be an easy stop on the way.

The smaller events (i.e. the winter/summer) have been harder to predict. I could be wrong but I personally get the impression Fujiya has been experimenting in recent years. Few years back I understand they only had 2x major events (Spring/Autumn). Last year they came up with 3 smaller events (an Amp event in Jan '12, portable event in July '12, and a DAC event in Aug '12) whilst this year they just have reduced and generalised the smaller events to "portaken" events for Feb and July '13. If you're able to come on the spring and autumn ones, they're bigger and much more predictable.

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #28 of 61
Nice work Anakchan!  Man I wish I was in your shoes....lucky!
Those Aedle's look damn fine and the volume dial dac(?) is the business!

I was just wondering if you got to interview the lady in the first photo? 
wink_face.gif

Great report!  If you need a second photographer on the next Fujiya event give me a call.

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #30 of 61
I like the first pic

Nice work AnakChan. Thanks for taking the time to report and show pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back