1337 skills brag thread.
Apr 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i kill zombies for a living

I kill zombies for fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afro_Rebel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If a player refuses to take a different route after being killed by the same person numerous times in the same spot, then quite honestly there is no hope for them. Most players would have the common sense to take a different route to either avoid you or to try and kill you.

When I used to play CS (not CS:S) actively I got pretty good at being able to gauge when people would reuse the same route or change things up, and also tell whether they thought I would reuse the same route or go different ways. If we built a habit of going an alternate route after the team got majorly pwned and the enemy team was smart enough to notice it, it was great fun to go that same way again right after and find virtually nobody guarding it. Way easier to win by getting inside their head and reading their moves and reactions than just having better guns / aim (acing them with a pistol when they have smgs/rifles is also very good for demoralizing them).

I'd also memorize every detail of the maps I played regularly, being able to know exactly how many seconds it would take between any two given points so I could estimate enemy movements even if they were beyond my range of hearing. I just occasionally play zombie escape maps on CS:S now, but knowing the maps down to the second still is immensely valuable (on well designed maps every second matters, especially ones with forced delays/chokepoints).
ph34r.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #48 of 61
I've been playing COD since the first one came out - now on COD4 (COD5 sucks) - I am VERY good, but I won't brag since I could have spent that time doing something more useful. It's the only video game I play anymore. I'm not much of a gamer, but I do like playing that game only.

May 1, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #49 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been playing COD since the first one came out - now on COD4 (COD5 sucks) - I am VERY good, but I won't brag since I could have spent that time doing something more useful. It's the only video game I play anymore. I'm not much of a gamer, but I do like playing that game only.

Quoting to second the fact that CoD5 sucks. Also, this is a bragging thread, you are within your rights to brag overtly.
devil_face.gif

May 1, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #51 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember: non-stop gaming for long periods has been known to kill. It's a waste of life anyway, but then, some would say posting here is, too...

Well I'm off to play Caesar III for the next 8 hours.

May 1, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #52 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quoting to second the fact that CoD5 sucks. Also, this is a bragging thread, you are within your rights to brag overtly.
devil_face.gif

If you insist -GO ME!!!

May 1, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #53 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I headshotted someone on CS:S with the Deagle from halfway across the map. I remember both of us going "What"

I HSed the entire enemy team with a M4 on aim_towers all from max distance across the map and using twitch shots while standing or running (while they were crouched and had taken careful aim only to miss). Surprisingly, nobody accused me of hacking.

May 1, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #55 of 61
I just went 53-8 in Free-For-All Vacant @ COD4
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #57 of 61
Used to be a pretty competitive Quake 3 player, back in the OSP days (5-6 years ago now). I used to be a skirmish partner for two of the better Canadian duellers - Stinger and Shadow, but I was never quite on their level. Also played a lot against some of the better US people - clast, pangu, clown, stuey glock, just to name a few, and of course a few games here and there against the top dogs - daler, czm, chance, etc. So I wasn't world-class, or top-tier in NA, but I was the tier below. Good enough to give a top-tier player some competition but not good enough to win except once in a blue moon. Most average players I would destroy, but q3 was a very abusive game.

Of course, these are all pro players we're talking about, or people with pro-level skills, and I'm ashamed to say but I was there too. I don't have duelling tournament results since I never bothered. I just wanted to play.

I'm hesitant to get into QuakeLive since I know that whatever free time I have will simply vanish. Those days hang over my head like a heroin habit and I tried very, very hard to forget them. They were the best online gaming experiences I've had by miles and miles, mainly because Q3 is a brutally hard game and only intelligent people can rise to the top, which is why the community was almost uniformly very smart. Sometimes immature, always very elitist, but man was it fun.

Also played a bit of Soul Calibur 4 not too long ago. I was always into the SC series but never really good, but I had some free time to spend on games so I thought, what the heck... started training with some friends and got pretty good. Played with the local people (Jaxel and his crew) and also wasn't quite on the level of the really amazing people but held my own. But then I also gave the game up, as it was getting too annoying to practice, and online play was, and still is, completely useless.

Not playing anything at all these days, but there's always the allure of QL, and the descent into raging gamerdom that will follow.

I remember Daler used to post on head-fi.

One of my friends was a fully-fledged pro gamer and played with Tillerman back in the Warcraft 2 days on Kali. Now he's playing professional poker, naturally. It's weird how often pro gamers go into pro poker, but the skillset is very similar so maybe there's no surprise there.

May 1, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #58 of 61
Hmmm, let's see...

Well, I used to punish people on America's Army, especially on Insurgent Camp and Hospital. I had so much fun with this game years ago...

Good times.

May 1, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #59 of 61
Bet you havn't been in the paper for your skills:

pressarticlenx7.jpg

Ok sure, it was made to sound like it was bigger than it was, but really, there are a lot of things parallel with this final and the New York Giants vs. New England Patriots Superbowl.

1) AK never lost a round, let alone a match going into the final and actually beat my old clan in the 'playoffs' but due to the playoff system, we were given another chance.
2) Both OGA and the Giants had 5 losses in the 'regular season'.
3) AK and the Patriots were heavily tipped to win.

Help that we had widely regarded (as it's skill and community peak) the best all-round BF2 player in Australasia, one of the best BF2 pilots in the world and I was best in Australasia in an AA vehicle.

My 'final' stats

That said, COD4 is far far too easy tbh.
On local servers, if a claymore went off, people knew it was me :p

Also, this guy (not me) is widely regarded to be the best FPS player in New Zealand and would be picked up by a pro team alreadly if he was in Europe or the US guaranteed tbh:

http://www.youtube.com/user/aLi3nZw00t

Anyway, the two top and friendly rival multi-gaming clans in New Zealand, both now sponsored, are Sila and Team Sidewinder, sponsored by Logitech (Sila) and Microsoft (Sidewinder) respectively.

Really tbh, New Zealand really punches above it's weight in population in terms of gaming for skill.

Need a new FPS to play! Currently playing Left 4 Dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back