$130 AMP in Canada for DT990's?
Aug 7, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #17 of 25
It is quite good. But with any popular product on head-fi, there will always be someone that does not like. It is a subjective hobby after all.

now I want to see for myself; maybe I'll go to a meet

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #19 of 25
now I want to see for myself; maybe I'll go to a meet

Listening to a multitude of unfamiliar gear for short periods in a somewhat uncomfortable environment will only confuse you. You want the O2? Buy it. It's not as if it's a huge expenditure. Then, borrow something better - not hard - and compare the two. Listen to the O2 for a week so that you get used to it, and then switch to the other amplifier.

Aug 7, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #20 of 25
Definitely should go to a meet. You'd get to hear all kinds of cool stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I'm planning to go to one in DC on the 30th this month. I want to try and make RMAF too, but it's quite the drive(like, 8 hours)
Listening to a multitude of unfamiliar gear for short periods in a somewhat uncomfortable environment will only confuse you. You want the O2? Buy it. It's not as if it's a huge expenditure. Then, borrow something better - not hard - and compare the two. Listen to the O2 for a week so that you get used to it, and then switch to the other amplifier.

I have a friend at a headphone retailer, so she might have an o2. I don't want to buy it though, I'd rather put the money towards the reshell of my sm3_v1. Thanks for the advice, though

Aug 10, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #22 of 25
Negative testimonials are definitely the exception and not the rule:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/jds-labs-assembled-objective2-headphone-amplifier/reviews

And those reviews are at a much higher price point. If the SQ of the O2 doesn't make you happy, the alternative was to spend a lot more money.

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #23 of 25
  I love how all the negative comments towards the O2 come after I purchase it. 

There's a lot of fanaticism around the O2... and a lot of people buy into the mythology (blindly accepting pretty numbers is no different that people getting hyped up over fluffy prose).

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #24 of 25
Ugh, shipping is so far away, but canceling the product and ordering it would cost like $60 more dollars. Not sure if thats worth for faster shipping.

Few months later, I'll get a random package of the O2 b/c i forgot i even ordered it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back