13 years old, Now trying to find an amp! Headphones have been found!
Nov 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #346 of 392

Quote:
Well, the Bithead is a nice amp, but I need a decent amp that will drive the phone's for 200 dollars at most. Suggestions?

You will never get them! But,, my LCD 2 sounded great from the bithead.. with my laptop as a source.. You are right the HD 650 like a little more power than the bithead can provide... The last portable amp, I personally had that drove the HD 650 well was a Ray Samuel's SR 71.. At the National meet last year in California, Ray had a little tiny amp that drove the HD 650. Check his stuff out.. Buy used..  

Nov 8, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #347 of 392
I vote for Ibasso. Their line is supposed to be crazy powerful, more powerful than most of Ray Samuels amps (I'm not bashing here). Something like the PB1 Toucan or the P4 Warbler. They are a $229 and $245 respectively, but you can try to buy used.

Nov 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #349 of 392
I don't have a job either (but then again, I'm not legally allowed to work until I'm 14).

Nov 9, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #351 of 392
well the ibasso toucan can drive the HD650 easily,.

you you can make one yourself (cmoy)

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #353 of 392
Nov 9, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #355 of 392

Quote:
Ok, I'm consider the:
Firestone Audio Cute Beyond
Little Dot MKII (shipping is very expensive)
Maverick A1

I'd rather not get a portable, but I'm willing to if it is better than a desktop.

Kuku....

My hunch is that your pioneer receiver is going to do the job just fine.......

I wouldn't invest in an amp until you're aiming to really slaughter the pioneer in performance........Wait until you have at least $600 to spare........if my hunch is correct you may not feel the desire to replace the pioneer for many years.

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #356 of 392
I may get blazed for even mentioning this, but you can pick up a FiiO E7+E9 combo for $200, which nets you a pretty nice DAC/portable amp and a desktop amp with a ton of kick behind it. I know FiiO are frowned on in some parts, but the E9 would certainly have the oomph to drive the HD 650, and you'd have decent source if you wanted to use computer audio.

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #357 of 392

Quote:
I may get blazed for even mentioning this, but you can pick up a FiiO E7+E9 combo for $200, which nets you a pretty nice DAC/portable amp and a desktop amp with a ton of kick behind it. I know FiiO are frowned on in some parts, but the E9 would certainly have the oomph to drive the HD 650, and you'd have decent source if you wanted to use computer audio.

I just read an entire thread about it. I may get the combo, looks like a nice deal.

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #359 of 392
Quote:
I may get blazed for even mentioning this, but you can pick up a FiiO E7+E9 combo for $200, 

Mentioned the FiiO E9 waaay back on page 8 when thought it might fit in budget with used HD580. Got blazed for something else instead 
darthsmile.gif

Looks like you're teetering...

Quote:
I just got my Balanced Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 from UPS today, These just may be a keepers... 

Congratulations. Bet you feel like you've had a visit from Santa 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back