1 GB Nano or 1 GB Shuffle?
Mar 16, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #46 of 68
P.S. In another thread http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167073
there are reports that the Nano using the Apple Radio Remote headphone out produces outstanding sound with certain headphones (line-out quality). One of the reports was from a Shuffle user.

Mar 16, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #49 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by flibottf
Ive tried the Nano yesterday. One word : Bleh....

Given this:
Headphone Inventory:
Super.fi 5 EB
Sennheiser HD212 Pro
Sony MDR-CD480
Panasonic RP-HJE50
Sony EX70LP
Sony EX50LP

I'm not sure how oyu're in a position to judge the quality of a headphone out...

Mar 17, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #51 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by gdpeck
The radio remote isn't compatible with the shuffle, only with the 5G and the nano. It also doesn't have a screen.

Now you're confusing me....
icon10.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #52 of 68
I tend to listen to albums rather than songs. The nano can play random ablums. The shuffle can only play random songs. Finding a song or album is much easier on the nano than on the shuffle. Therefore, I prefer the nano.

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #53 of 68
The simplicity and sound quality of the shuffle are hard to beat. I throw mine in my pocket with my MX500's or EP630's wrapped around it. I don't worry about scratches, finding a particular song, or protecting a screen. I just pull it out, it "boots" in 2 seconds, and I am listening to great tunes. No hassle, no great expense (I actually got mine free from a credit card deal) and great sound. I use it all the time. The battery life is incredible. The SQ is incredible. The convenience is incredible.

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #54 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubsdaddy
The simplicity and sound quality of the shuffle are hard to beat. I throw mine in my pocket with my MX500's or EP630's wrapped around it. I don't worry about scratches, finding a particular song, or protecting a screen. I just pull it out, it "boots" in 2 seconds, and I am listening to great tunes. No hassle, no great expense (I actually got mine free from a credit card deal) and great sound. I use it all the time. The battery life is incredible. The SQ is incredible. The convenience is incredible.

hey bubs, we have the same shuffle & MX500 combo
tongue.gif
, and it's a great combo! i'm loving the lanyard, i just loop the mx500s around my neck and tuck both in my shirt when i'm not using it

this thread is what made me buy the shuffle on saturday and i have absolutely no regrets, the sound quality is better than my muvo which wasn't bad either, the bass may be a bit strong (although very tight) when switching from a less bassy and less powerful dap like the muvo but the crisp and clear highs and mids balance it out, once you get used to it, it's awesome, for comparison it is less upfront and colorful and more clear, crisp, bassy, laid back and spacious(or whatever is opposite of somewhat boxy) compared to the muvo, never heard the nano so i can't compare them

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #55 of 68
As I write this I am listening to a shuffle through the KSC35. It drives them to obscene levels. If you like the MX500 as much as I do, you should purchase some Creative EP630's as they offer as much sound, maybe more, as the MX500's but with better isolation and no leakage. Deep bass, tinkly highs, powerful mids, I really don't know what more anyone expects out of an mp3 player/inexpensive headphone combo.

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #56 of 68
ah, i do like the MX500s a lot but i don't want to use in-ear phones, i thought shure was the IEM standard, the Creative buds that came with my muvo are decent but a bit too bright, what are the characteristics of teh EP630s?

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #57 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubsdaddy

Yes I really liked this feature. I think I like the shuffle but the nano is good too for album/artist organisation. There are sometimes on my mini I like to just hit shuffle all, other times listen to albums. My shuffle originally got a big dent in it from being in a case of like a 16th of an inch foam and I get it replaced. It was a great player. I think i'll crack it out again soon for portable usage. I had the 512mb tho. Get the 1gb. However I won this from a Pepsi contest so can't complain
icon10.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 2:08 PM Post #58 of 68
The EP630 more closely aligns with the sound signature of the MX500 than the E2's in my opinion. It has deeper bass and a more prominent treble - almost like a "V" shaped EQ (if that makes any sense). They also provide much better isolation and lower sound leakage at a very affordable price. The Shuffle mates with the EP630's very well, better than my Rio Carbon.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #59 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by richard
I tend to listen to albums rather than songs. The nano can play random ablums. The shuffle can only play random songs. Finding a song or album is much easier on the nano than on the shuffle. Therefore, I prefer the nano.

How does that bit work?

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #60 of 68
Another vote for the Shuffle. I just got mine back from my wife and this thing sounds great with the sf5p (IMO real good synergy). I had a Nano for about a month and it was cool at first, but the novelty wore off after a while. SQ advantage goes to the Shuffle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back