1 GB Nano or 1 GB Shuffle?
Mar 12, 2006 at 1:12 PM Post #31 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by gdpeck
Another vote for the shuffle. I have a 1GB shuffle, and a 4GB nano, and they both have their place, but if I was looking at 1GB devices the shuffle would win hands down mainly because it has Autofill functionality in iTunes. My 4GB nano does not have this, and I have > 4GB of music in my library, so to update the 4GB nano I have to create a playlist and update it whenever I want new music. With the shuffle I just throw a few albums and songs on that I like, then autofill the rest. Or I just autofill the whole thing.

All you have to do is make a random Smart Playlist, and delete everything in it to update it. It automatically fills back up with new stuff. In Preferences set it to sync to that list. Works with the 2GB Nano.

Mar 13, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #33 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by riker1384
All you have to do is make a random Smart Playlist, and delete everything in it to update it. It automatically fills back up with new stuff. In Preferences set it to sync to that list. Works with the 2GB Nano.

That would work if I wanted to go purely random, and I appreciate the suggestion, because I had forgotten about that option. However, I often want a hybrid of random and being able to choose what I want. The shuffle autofill feature works great for that. Anyway since I have both it really isn't an issue. Just pointing out why I would probably choose the shuffle if I could only get one, and it was going to be 1GB capacity.

Thanks!

Mar 14, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #35 of 68
I don't know what earphone you guys are using, but I think shuffle just sounds soso with my e4c (no good synergy). All I'm saying is, shuffle sounds better than other ipods, but that doesn't mean it sounds amazing. I've heard better ones out there. Maybe shuffle sounds better with other earphones though.

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #37 of 68
Just found out this morning I had lost my Shuffle. Was deciding between another Shuffle or the Nano...I guess based on this thread I'm replacing the Shuffle.

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #38 of 68
i'm using my friend's shuffle and I just wanted to make sure you knew this: There are no groups. So if you put more than one album you'd have to forward all the way through to that song, or put it on shuffle and hope it lands on a song close to the song you wanted to go to. I guess some people will be more ok with this than others :p

Mar 14, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #39 of 68
Keep in mind that the Shuffle has no EQ capabilities either.

Mar 14, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #41 of 68
For me I would get the shuffle because:

1) I listen to my playlists in shuffle mode anyway
2) thus I don't need a screen
3) I want to have the shuffle's legendary SQ
4) I don't want to worry about scratching the nano.

Mar 15, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #42 of 68
does the apple radio remote double as a screen for the shuffle? how does it compare to the shuffle headphone out?

Mar 15, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #43 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
For me I would get the shuffle because:

1) I listen to my playlists in shuffle mode anyway
2) thus I don't need a screen
3) I want to have the shuffle's legendary SQ
4) I don't want to worry about scratching the nano.

Legendary? Not really, but dang good. I hooked myself up with a 1gig shuffle for $90 with student discount, and its perfect for campus. I find that I listen to it more then I do my 5g.

No screen. No EQ. No Problem.

Mar 15, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #44 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
does the apple radio remote double as a screen for the shuffle? how does it compare to the shuffle headphone out?

The radio remote isn't compatible with the shuffle, only with the 5G and the nano. It also doesn't have a screen.

Mar 15, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #45 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter

For owners of the Nano and 5G who like the Shuffle's controls, the Apple Radio Remote provides the exact same type of control and lack of screen. It even looks like a small section of the Shuffle. The headphone out on the remote operates separately from the Ipod headphone out in terms of post processing. If you use Itunes to modify a track's gain, the remote's headphone is not affected by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back