1 GB Nano or 1 GB Shuffle?
Mar 25, 2006 at 9:52 AM Post #61 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubsdaddy
The EP630 more closely aligns with the sound signature of the MX500 than the E2's in my opinion. It has deeper bass and a more prominent treble - almost like a "V" shaped EQ (if that makes any sense). They also provide much better isolation and lower sound leakage at a very affordable price. The Shuffle mates with the EP630's very well, better than my Rio Carbon.

ah, i understand the "V", it seems like too many phones or sources neglect mids

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #62 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razoramus
hey bubs, we have the same shuffle & MX500 combo
tongue.gif
, and it's a great combo! i'm loving the lanyard, i just loop the mx500s around my neck and tuck both in my shirt when i'm not using it....

Thats my combo too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubsdaddy
The EP630 more closely aligns with the sound signature of the MX500 than the E2's in my opinion. It has deeper bass and a more prominent treble - almost like a "V" shaped EQ (if that makes any sense). They also provide much better isolation and lower sound leakage at a very affordable price. The Shuffle mates with the EP630's very well, better than my Rio Carbon.

I wouldn't have said the MX500's had a "V" shaped EQ, especially with the Shuffle. On my Zen Micro I even nudge a little more bass to make it the same as the Shuffle SQ with the MX500's. I'm not fond of the Panasonic HJE50's I have mainly for comfort reasons. SQ is ok. I might try the EP630 to see if I prefer them. I'd say the MX500+Shuffle is neutral-ish EQ wise.

Mar 27, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #64 of 68
I have to agree with the "v" shaped response of the ep630, but then again my westone UM1, along with many single driver iems have a "--\" response curve. Peak in lower treble, lots of high end roll off, but smooth from bass to mids. Why can't these headphones just have balanced sound, is it that hard?? I guess it may be due to the limits of a single driver, but its annoying coming from good/neutral speakers.

Aug 7, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #66 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Sometimes ago I heard about the apple battery problem and screens on some ipods could be easily scratched. I just want to know if Nano has any of these problems.

The scratches yes. What battery problems are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back