1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Jan 14, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #751 of 838
i just talked to jack via email

i delivered my complain to him, and in response, he said this issue can be fixed by firmware update. i'm guessing there will be another fw update soon if we can push jack enough regarding this particular demand
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #752 of 838
Seems that there's a couple/few current RoCoo 20111223 firmwares that appear the same but aren't exactly. If anybody wants to try the one I think is best, PM your email and I'll forward it when I get home tonight. You may not hear a dif or you may depending. I'm not the only one that's noticed and it may have something to do with the varied impressions.. I use the one I like with btn sound enabled and it's hard to fault this way.

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #753 of 838

Quote:
Seems that there's a couple/few current RoCoo 20111223 firmwares that appear the same but aren't exactly. If anybody wants to try the one I think is best, PM your email and I'll forward it when I get home tonight. You may not hear a dif or you may depending. I'm not the only one that's noticed and it may have something to do with the varied impressions.. I use the one I like with btn sound enabled and it's hard to fault this way.

It's interesting you say that; I never really noticed the hiss until I updated the firmware then disabled btn. I need to experiment some more. It's not so much a hiss as a static/interference kind of sound. Reminds me of when I rockboxed my old Sansa 200. There was a problem with the display emitting a kind of hum. With my RoCoo P it doesn't matter if the display is active or not. I don't hear it at all if I'm using my PortaPros; just with the tf10. I have a Golden Impedance cable on the way so I'm hoping that does the trick for the tf10s. But I would like to try the firmware you're using; PM'ed you my email. Thanks in advance

Jan 14, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #754 of 838
the firmware trend on head fi has the rocoo-d firmware not the rocoo-p firmware, i got my p firmware directly from the chinese forum

Quote:

Jan 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #756 of 838

Quote:
the firmware trend on head fi has the rocoo-d firmware not the rocoo-p firmware, i got my p firmware directly from the chinese forum

http://bbs.hisoundaudio.net/thread.php?fid=112 I suspect you mean this one. I'm also registered there. The Power is not the one I like. What Jack sent initially also wasn't indicated as power in the folder title. One poster that tried the one I like said the folder looked identical to what he had used earlier but that it wasn't the same sound. My problem is that I don't know which source I got this one from as we have downloads from I2ehan, Jack and the web available. That is why I offered to email the file around. It's not special. It's just a known quantity for me. I suspect many already have this version but I can't be certain and it's easy enough to install. After reading descriptions that sound more like the Power FW sonics, I thought it prudent to offer an option that those folks may prefer with a supported FW. I could download them all again and see if there's dif between the various non power 20111223 FWs but I'm done messing about. All, including the power version, are shown as RoCoo-D in the player settings version info. I have a file that I know works for me and will forward to anyone that wants to try.
bigsmile_face.gif

To add to the confusion, I recieved a 2nd RoCoo that I haven't run in yet and it has some differences as well. 'Btn sound' is now 'Key tone' and there's no version info in the settings menu. Haven't listened to enough to know whether I'd recommend changing it or not but it sounds and works good so far. I prefer Key Tone off on this one so it's either break in or something is different again.

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #758 of 838

Quote:
I hope i'll win the auction, really wanting another good DAP i have the hifiman 601 but it usually becomes hot after a couple of hours using it.

That is normal for the Hifiman to heat up, its due to the powerful amp inside of it. I really don't mind the heat. What I don't like is the short battery life... If I am getting the ibasso DX100 then the 601 must go for sure :p

Jan 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #759 of 838
I've just noticed a quirt with the Studio V as well. It seems sometimes the volume and overall dynamics are off and it will require a reboot to fix this? Is anyone else experiencing this? It was making me think my IE80s were crap. Then when I turn off the studio V and turn it back on, presto... Not sure what this is but Jack could you look into it? I think it may have something to do with that BTS button. But the thing is I don't want to hear beeps period...

Jan 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #760 of 838
If it's FLAC files, it could be the FF issue where a quick pause will fix it. Haven't had any other real issues with my RoCoos and don't consider this one a big deal. Other than that, can't imagine and the btn hasn't done that sort of thing to me in either position. What type of files? Could be an encoder-decoder compatibility thing.

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #761 of 838

Quote:
If it's FLAC files, it could be the FF issue where a quick pause will fix it. Haven't had any other real issues with my RoCoos and don't consider this one a big deal. Other than that, can't imagine and the btn hasn't done that sort of thing to me in either position. What type of files? Could be an encoder-decoder compatibility thing.

All flac files. Not sure why this happens at times but this thing sounds like **** when it does happens. I was getting pissed at my IE80s lol. Then I turned it off and turned it back on and volume problem fixed The device seemed to lose much of its dynamics when this occurs.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #763 of 838

Quote:
I bet it's the channel swap. Try a momentary pause next time to fix it. When I mentioned it a couple weeks back, someone said it can happen with FLAC. Seeing how play needs to be purposely interrupted to make it go off, another pause tap isn't troubling for me.

That won't fix the dynamic range issue for me on the Studio V when it happens (it rarely happens but it does). I have to completely shut it down and turn it back on to fix the issue. Seems like an issue with the amplifier in the unit and possibly gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back