1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Dec 19, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #166 of 838
I just got the ROCOO P player and POPO earphones. I will do a review later tonight. 
I don't have amp right now, but I will get one in January next year, so right now I will try the player with a few earphones, and headphones I've owned.
Source Comparison:
HTC Evo 3D ( Possibly boot Beats system in)
Sony Vaio F series
Rocoo P
iPod Touch 3rd Gen
iPhone 4

Earphone:
POPO IEMs came from Hisound for doing this review. (Thanks Hisound)
HTC stock earbuds
iPod stock earbuds
Rocoo P stock earbuds.

Headphone:
Audio Technica M50
Beats Studio (Yes, you heard it right. I don't like those cans, but my sis loves them, so I decided to give them to her.)

Package:
Well packaged both POPO IEMs and ROCOO P player. The player package came very tiny( at least smaller than what I'd expected), and well executed. There are charger and stock earbuds included in the package. There is also a VIP card from Hisound included (yes). 
Pictures Coming Soon...

Build Quality:
Open up the box, Rocoo P put in the plastic bag and sit tightly in the foam. It looks and feel very solid. Holding it in my hand, I can say it's neither heavy nor light for its size, it's fairly perfect for the size( kinda to the light size). There are 5 buttons, and they are very very solid like they are built to last. Nothing about the player scream cheap and plastic-ky. The screen is kinda small, I hope it's a bit bigger so I can navigate my library easier, but it's still beautiful. I prefer more curvy shape as it will be less dangerous and feel nice in hand, but this one is not bad at all.

UI:
It's very simple to use. Volume rockers are in 2 of the 5 buttons on the surface( Up and down). Left and right buttons are for navigating the menu and changing the song. The center button is for start/pause/power on-off/select. There are headphone out, reset button, USB, and micro SD slot( I thought it was traditional SD) on the top and bottom of the player. There are 31 sound levels, battery indicator, title of the now playing song on the screen. It takes me about 10mins to get used to the features and control in the player. 

Sound:
I don't play at max volume because any of my head/earphones' sound will destroy my ears. It sounds clear and fun. All cans and earbuds I have need to play at its full potential when I use Rocoo P as the source. I feel the bass kicks harder, sound is clearer like I use amp.

I hope I could give me more detail on comparisons between it and my other sources, but Rocoo P is too powerful, too refined to compete with my other sources. My laptop is a bit clearer than Rocoo P, but power is nowhere close to Rocoo P. My phone and ipod touch/iphone sound muddy, unrefined, weak when I switched to listen to them after 20mins on Rocoo P. 

I will give more update on the player. This is just my initial impression. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #168 of 838
the stock bud tat came with the roocoP as standard package, is the PAA-1 correct?
and is different from the PAA-1 PRO......??

i am asking v noob questions now...hehe.

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #169 of 838

Quote:
the stock bud tat came with the roocoP as standard package, is the PAA-1 correct?
and is different from the PAA-1 PRO......??

i am asking v noob questions now...hehe.

Right. It's PAA-1. I don't know the differences because I got POPO IEMs instead of PAA-1 pro.
POPO is definitely a great pair of earbuds. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #170 of 838

HI, Cino,

Thank you for your question, ROCOO And ROCOO P has no radio function. If the consumers really need the FM radio, we will consider to add in a version come with FM radio.

Quote:
I wonder if Rocoo P will get firmware update to get FM radio feature like Studio and more EQ options?

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #171 of 838

FM radio is not that important, but more EQ settings and maybe manual EQ setting feature will be ideal.
Quote:
HI, Cino,

Thank you for your question, ROCOO And ROCOO P has no radio function. If the consumers really need the FM radio, we will consider to add in a version come with FM radio.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #172 of 838

Thank you for your opinions. You will see that the EQ setting with the player is not that good. You will know most consumers will prefer the default setting of Nature sound effect.

Quote:
FM radio is not that important, but more EQ settings and maybe manual EQ setting feature will be ideal.

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #173 of 838
how about internet radio...instead of FM radio.. 
we might end up having a HISOUNDAUDIO phone..with kickass SOUND ?!!! yipppy !!!

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #174 of 838
just got my rocoo P. oh my God the shipping was so fast!

do i have to charge it for 4 hours all the time, or is it just during the first charging?

the UI is very simple, yet effective. very easy to use..

and did i forget to mention? THIS THING IS SMALLER THAN I THOUGHT!!

impression to follow..

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #175 of 838

Quote:
how about internet radio...instead of FM radio.. 
we might end up having a HISOUNDAUDIO phone..with kickass SOUND ?!!! yipppy !!!

That would make it something else altogether though. Personally that's not what I'm looking for. I have plenty of gadgets that do multiple things relatively well and somehow everything they do is somewhat compromised it seems. The RoCoo P looks to be exactly what I'm looking for at this point; small form factor, solidly built, very simple and basic UI, little to no hiss driving TF10s (I hope this is so), excellent clarity and definition but at the same time fun to listen to. I wish battery life were more than the reported 10-12hrs (please correct me if I'm wrong)  but even that isn't so bad in "real world" use I suppose. 

I envy you Lorspeaker, you've had yours for what, a week now? Still loving it I take it? I can hardly wait for mine! Please tell us more; what music have listened to and what did you find sounded particularly good?

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #177 of 838
"ummmm....shaaa.....ummmmm.....shaaa.....ummmmm....shaaaaa"
Kitaro and his band of drummers, superimposed 3D over the airport cafe at 2am
keeping me company whilst i waited for my wife..zzzz.

I am so happy with this baby, small and cute...i mean the Roocoo.
tongue.gif

The clarity is surreal....raindrops, the wind..water trickling..if u know kitaro.
Totally stopped using my fone as my music centre on the move since.

Did i say the Roocoo? yah i just gotten the Roocoo too, decided to use my VIP privileges..
(had wanted to buy a backup roocooP but decided to try out the "other roocoo".
side by side i would say the Roocoo sounded  "leaner"/"clearer?"/"cleaner?" than the Roocoo-P
I cant decide if the roocooP is less clear, cos i think it is as clear, but more bodacious sounding.

Which do i prefer...hmmm let me think.

I like the following pairings..
Roocoo + Popee iem / TDK ST700 /Denon D7000 ( a lean dap with a beefy iem/fone )
RoocooP + LIVE bud / Hiphone /Denon D7000     ( a bodacious dap with a lean iem/ fone )
* the denonD7000 is great whichever way its played..hehe

the earbuds/iems i ranked them from lean to bodacious as follows.... LIVE ...Hiphone...Popee
LIVE is like a Shure 940..high clarity..in earbud format..
The hiphone is like a hd600 to me, balanced.
Popee is big bodacious,,,errrr hd650??
(its just a very rough gauge that i am trying to communicate...
dun take it too seriously/literally n throw me stones.)

ALL IN, I would say this foray into Hisoundaudio has been very satisfying to my ears + $$pocket.
I can finally say i have affordable HI FI mobility at last..WITHOUT SLUGGING A TROUSERFUL OF BRICKS!!
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #179 of 838

It has no lock button, for it almost no need. The key is double clicked to switch on the locked key. So, don't worry you will have trouble of no lock key.

The reason not design the lock key is we hope our player can be controlled out of the pocket. You can try it to operate the volume or next tracks by single hand out of your jean pocket. It is really very convenience.

Quote:
Is there a lock button? It's a pain when I put it in the pocket with my car key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back