1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Dec 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #107 of 838
i am using a microSD 32gb..
popcorn.gif

noob question, does the dap improves with "burn in" ??
i think iems do, not sure about dap, hmmm...

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #108 of 838

Quote:
beside the output power, is there any different between rocoo and rocoo P?

sound signature? resolution? etc.? maybe some end users can report their findings?

i know hisound has said the only difference  is the output power, but who knows.. i'm a curious little person
biggrin.gif

@marlonmarabe: did you notice any hiss when you plug your merlins to rocoo P with no music playing?

nope, no hiss at all

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #109 of 838

Quote:
popcorn.gif

Depends who you ask.  It's a subjective debate, but daps no unless it's built with caps in the process flow of the circuitry.

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #110 of 838
My thoughts on the rocoo-p, packaged very nice. The rocoo like everyone has said is about the size of a credit card, nice build quality it has raised buttons for the controls. Charged up the device and turned it on, it has a very beautiful monochrome screen very easy to read and the info scrolls from right to left. I loaded about 500 songs on the device and started listening with a pair of tf10's. The rocoo easily drove the tf 10's without a hitch. This unit has spectacular sound, very wide side stage, the highs and mids are very crisp and forward. The bass is very balanced not overpowering but very nice and crisp. The music is very detailed and alive. It has EQ setting nature, jazz, rock, classical, bass and pop. Nature brings the highs out even more, jazz is about as balanced as you can get, the bass is almost like someone put a filter in your ear and the sound goes down somewhat, not much difference between the rest.  All avenues of music was brilliant on the jazz setting. I can not say enough about the detail you hear with this player.
I also hooked up the rocoo to a digizoid vo the first version and this really made to bass explode to bass head levels while some of the instrument separation was lost but the sound was still very nice. Unless you are a bass head the digizoid is not needed.but it did have some complimentary qualities on the low end of the spectrum.
I then hooked the rocoo to my home stereo with out going into detail about the system it has tremendous power with a couple of 400 watt subs, the sound from this was absolutely fabulous and the rocoo supreme detail was even more evident.
Overall i am very impressed with the rocoo, I still need to play around with and see what it can do, but for now it is a winner.  I have a few different players, high end, down to pretty cheap, original firmware to rock boxed, None of them are in the same league with the rocoo.

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #111 of 838
Its a good thinng i didnt pass the ALIVE earbuds to my betterhalf....
only gave her the PAA something..
tongue_smile.gif

Very impressed with what a well made earbud can offer to one like me,
cans, portables, iems...each presents music in a diff sonic characteristic.
earbuds have poor isolation to external sound coming in, its like an open portable.
ALIVE is clear and fast without sign of sloppiness, or bloat...the bass coming thru if i crank up the volume to drown out the external bustle...or i can let its music floats gently in the background at low vol, as i mingle with the shopping crowd, like background pipe in music, without shutting out the christmas atmosphere.

My prior experience with the piano forte wasnt good enough to keep tat, the clarity was lacking, rounded off.
I havent tried the Yuins...wonder how they would stack against each other, at their price points..?
This ALIVE also reminded me of my MonsterMileDavis, which i loved.
these monsters have a reputation of poor fit, so that u dun get the bass if its not "IN"...
and u just get the floating tinkering music as u move thru the streets.
But once u get a good fit, the love begins.
So if i am seated down with a cuppa coffee, and the  ALIVE is pushed/placed closer to my ear canals,
the bass punches thru with more authority, and i begin to respect n enjoy it further.

ALIVE 's hifi quality is good enough to earn a niche in my sonic collection, Great GIFT.. !

edit...i think the name is LIVE...but just didnt wanna change it, ALIVE it shall remain...lol.

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #112 of 838

Many users report that there is an evident improvement after burning of the player. The burning time need about 300 hours. For Our players has very unique design, we have considered the changes of the capacitor and other components of the "burning"

We also understand these who doubt this character of our player. We hope more users to observe if it is really become more smooth after burning.

Quote:
popcorn.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #113 of 838

Quote:
Many users report that there is an evident improvement after burning of the player. The burning time need about 300 hours. For Our players has very unique design, we have considered the changes of the capacitor and other componets of the "burning"

We also understand these who doubt this character of our player. We hope more users to observe if it is really become more smooth after burning.

thats true. i tried a demo set with around 400+ hours of run time and it sounded more solid

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #114 of 838
if i play it for 3 hours per day tats 3months to peak...
guess i have to pump it 10hours a day whether i listen to it or not..haa.

hey, if i just keep it on the charger and dun unplug it, is that considered burning it?
or must keep the music playing.. i am getting more NOOB.
deadhorse.gif

Dec 15, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #117 of 838

HI,  i_djoel2000

Thank you for your questions.

Besides the difference of the out put power. The sound signature is very different. ROCOO P is featured with "impact" strength. The ROCOO is good at high resolution and analytical sound signature.

These who love the tedails of the sound, ROCOO IS just suitable for him.  These who love the punch and strong energy feeling of the overal sound impact Please go to the ROCOO P.
Quote:
beside the output power, is there any different between rocoo and rocoo P?

sound signature? resolution? etc.? maybe some end users can report their findings?

i know hisound has said the only difference  is the output power, but who knows.. i'm a curious little person
biggrin.gif

@marlonmarabe: did you notice any hiss when you plug your merlins to rocoo P with no music playing?

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #119 of 838

Please let it playing with the earphones and music. If only charge, it is not working of the whole circuit except the battery part.
Quote:
if i play it for 3 hours per day tats 3months to peak...
guess i have to pump it 10hours a day whether i listen to it or not..haa.

hey, if i just keep it on the charger and dun unplug it, is that considered burning it?
or must keep the music playing.. i am getting more NOOB.
deadhorse.gif

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #120 of 838
at a grand bid of a million bucks, mine was teleported.......................................................................in case i backed out.
confused_face_2.gif

etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back