1 expensive headphone or 2 cheaper headphones?
Mar 20, 2004 at 8:41 PM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Jbroad572
Leave me Be. I'M FINISHED after this
frown.gif
plainface.gif
I figure if I tell myself that over and over it may get into my head for good. This place is pure evil.
biggrin.gif

Fair enough. I'll stay out of this, but you very well know what is going to happen...
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2004 at 9:06 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Well, I've been thinking about rs-1's, ms-2's, cd3k's (again), and dt880's but I was thinking would it be better to buy 2 seperate phones like the Ety 4p/s and another $100-$125 can, instead? What are your opinions? I keep hearing all these good things about the ety's, but I've only used an e2 and can't get past that impression of canal phones. It seems like they could be a great option to just get away from the world and relax. I did like the isolation of canalphones though. For the other cans I don't know yet, a500, k501, cd780, sr225, or the dt880's if I wait awhile???

Ety ER4 is essential! Get one or TWO, but do not go without.

Mar 20, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by meat01
You have HD650's what more could you want?

something for my computer.

Mar 20, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

Well, I've been thinking about rs-1's, ms-2's, cd3k's (again), and dt880's but I was thinking would it be better to buy 2 seperate phones like the Ety 4p/s and another $100-$125 can, instead?

Jbroad,

You already have the HD650, so we are not talking about a total lack of quality phones. Why don't you just get the Etys for now? That way you can save some money. You could just the Etys for your portable rig and your computer. You will not be listening out of the iPod and the computer simultaneously anyways. The Etys are same enough to fit in your shirt pockets and thus, even if you bring your computer to school or the library, you could still carry the canalphones along with you.

Mar 20, 2004 at 9:34 PM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by meat01
You have HD650's what more could you want?

A non-synthetic soundstage.
-Mag

Mar 20, 2004 at 9:36 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Ticky
Jbroad,

You already have the HD650, so we are not talking about a total lack of quality phones. Why don't you just get the Etys for now? That way you can save some money. You could just the Etys for your portable rig and your computer. You will not be listening out of the iPod and the computer simultaneously anyways. The Etys are same enough to fit in your shirt pockets and thus, even if you bring your computer to school or the library, you could still carry the canalphones along with you.

That sounds good, but I know while I'm at the comouter, I wont always want use canal phones. Thats why I wanted a regular headphone as well.

Mar 20, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #25 of 36
While using your computer at home, you could listen out of the HD 650. On the other hand, if you do plan on listenig out of your computer away from home (assuming no pimeta) and don't want canalphones, you could get a cheaper pair of headphones such as the Grado SR60, Sennheiser HD497.

If I'm not wrong the HD497's drivers could be detached for compact carrying. This way you don't have to worry about breaking an expensive pair of phones while lugging your bagpack or computer bag around.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the 497 or SR60 though. But comments about these phones have been very favorable.

Mar 20, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Zuerst
I rather a Ferrari than 2 vettes...
redface.gif

Sure but there are lots of occasions where it would make more sense to have a 5 Series AND an M3 then one Ferrari...

Mar 20, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Jasper994
Sure but there are lots of occasions where it would make more sense to have a 5 Series AND an M3 then one Ferrari...

Or better yet, an E55 and a CL55. Now thats what Im talking about
biggrin.gif
Sorry, I'm partial to MB.

Mar 20, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #29 of 36
LOL, I don't blame, you, I like both, I just used the BMW's for my example since you can get the M3 as a stick or clutchless stick and get the 5 series in an automatic so you don't have to worry about shifting gears in the daily grind.

Mar 21, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Jasper994
LOL, I don't blame, you, I like both, I just used the BMW's for my example since you can get the M3 as a stick or clutchless stick and get the 5 series in an automatic so you don't have to worry about shifting gears in the daily grind.

I could go with a CTS-V, the clutchless manual is nice, but I just love the CTS...and one with 400BHP??...hell yeah
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back