1 expensive headphone or 2 cheaper headphones?
Mar 21, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #31 of 36
Thread jacking is fun...
wink.gif

I would actually take the new Audi TT with its robotically shifted transmission.. that's one cool piece of tech there.. a clutchless shift that can actually shift much faster than traditional manual shifts... and still offer an automatic mode.

Anyway... I would also concentrate on finding what you truly want in a home system before you venture off into other territories. A portable set-up takes a lot more money to get them to a point where it's comparable with even a modest home system.

For example, CD3000 used => $300 or so? Ety ER-4 => already $220.. is it anywhere nearly as good as CD3000... er.. Not even close. And you still have to consider the portable source and everything else to alongside of that... portable amp?

Coming from a person who spent $500 on a portable earphone, I know
wink.gif
(Now spending even more.. wahaaha)

Mar 21, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by DJGeorgeT
macaroni & cheese + headphone listening...good stuff
600smile.gif

I'm sorry for setting this thread off topic by posting about the Ferrari and vette analogy, thus I feel it necessary to bring it back on track. With that in mind I must make the following statement; ice cream + headphone listening... is better
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #35 of 36
upgrade where you need it most - get yourself a 4p or an e3.

THEN - think about what to do next.

i think that makes the most sense.

and lindrone, the increase of performance with an amp for the 4p is, imo, negligible. however for the 4S.. that's a completely different matter.
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2004 at 6:58 AM Post #36 of 36
quoted By Adhoc
Quote:

however for the 4S.. that's a completely different matter

second that
the 4S is a whole different beast with an amp.
everything just seems to come out and feel happy.
you feel like dancing except the cord is too short aand i am scared that i will damage something in my ears if i rip them out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back