1 expensive headphone or 2 cheaper headphones?
Mar 20, 2004 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Jbroad572

500+ Head-Fier
Well, I've been thinking about rs-1's, ms-2's, cd3k's (again), and dt880's but I was thinking would it be better to buy 2 seperate phones like the Ety 4p/s and another $100-$125 can, instead? What are your opinions? I keep hearing all these good things about the ety's, but I've only used an e2 and can't get past that impression of canal phones. It seems like they could be a great option to just get away from the world and relax. I did like the isolation of canalphones though. For the other cans I don't know yet, a500, k501, cd780, sr225, or the dt880's if I wait awhile???

Mar 20, 2004 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 36
I rather a Ferrari than 2 vettes...
redface.gif

Mar 20, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 36
I think it really depends on how much you need or want to invest in something portable. Personally I prefer having at least 2 good headphones, 1 portable and 1 stationary. Right now I actually have 3 main headphones where the MS-1 comes in when I have an urge for rock. BTW what impression did you get from using the E2 that you didn't like?

Mar 20, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 36
I would complete 1 system first. Get interconnects and power conditioning. Or if you want to start the portable system, get the Etys and interconnects for home system.

Mar 20, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
I would complete 1 system first. Get interconnects and power conditioning. Or if you want to start the portable system, get the Etys and interconnects for home system.

IC's have been bought for both systems, guess I need to update my sig. For my PC usage, I really only need 1 pair of comfortable headphones that will be used.

Mar 20, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #8 of 36
Then I'd say save it for a new source in the future or try power conditioning.

Mar 20, 2004 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
Then I'd say save it for a new source in the future or try power conditioning.

I'm finish after this purchase
tongue.gif
. Too much money so far. Just one more thing til it's complete.

Mar 20, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Jbroad572
I'm finish after this purchase
tongue.gif
. Too much money so far. Just one more thing til it's complete.

LOL, dude you know that isn't gonna happen.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

We've all been there...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 20, 2004 at 7:39 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Dan the audioman
LOL, dude you know that isn't gonna happen.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

We've all been there...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Leave me Be. I'M FINISHED after this
frown.gif
plainface.gif
I figure if I tell myself that over and over it may get into my head for good. This place is pure evil.
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2004 at 7:48 PM Post #12 of 36
Don't worry spring is coming and you can enjoy yourself outside and stuff. You'll be away from the computer and stereo. So a portable isn't a bad idea.

Mar 20, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #13 of 36
What's your total budget for the headphone(s)? I personally don't think I could be satisfied with just one headphone, but then I'd much rather have two different headphones that have their respective genres they do really well in, rather than have just a good all-rounder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back