$1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus poll- Read rules first!
Jan 29, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #286 of 320
It's been a couple of days since I've posted, but, I got the MEE Audio RX18 headphones with extra bass a couple of weeks ago and I'm blown away with the cost vs performance of these jewels. Nice thumping bass without messing the mid or highs and for less than $5.00!! I'm using them more than my ER4.
https://www.amazon.com/MEE-Audio-Comfort-Fit-Headphones-Enhanced/dp/B017L216T8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485699454&sr=8-1&keywords=rx18%2Bheadphones&th=1

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #291 of 320
'Dollar tree' store has a nicely built earphone with flat wires with muddy sound.
Will post a picture later when I reach home.
Got an orange :tangerine: colored one so be prepared to see the unthinkable here:pray:

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #294 of 320
I just got some nokia wh-208's a few days ago and was surprised at how not bad they sound, dare I say, they sound pretty good

although I use mostly earbuds now, I always wanted to see how nokia's in ears sound like and found an opportunity to buy some cheap from aliexpress

I would have been okay with them not sounding as good as they do, but not only do they sound decent they also work on my iphone, something that another pair of nokia (wh-108) earbuds didn't because of connection issues, these seem to be the same as any other 1 button headset that probably works with android and ios the same

I also have had some penon in ears for a while, I can't say good or bad about them, but they are decent

edit I just might be fanboying a bit, listening to some youtube now after using blox b320 and they sound kinda muddy, but comparing some oem iems to a custom made earbud is unfair

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #295 of 320
The WH-208s are definitely sounding way better than their ultra cheap looks suggest. They are a bitch for finding a proper seal/fit though and I prefer to use narrow bore tips of the MH1 kind with them to tame their brightness. I liked their wide bore rubber tips so much on other iems however that I ended up buying four pairs just so I have more of them.

The WH-205 are quite amazing too and at £1.59 on eBay, they've got to be my best bang for the buck purchase so far. Easy to fit, great balance, clarity and separation with a surprising amount of detail, I think I could easily live with those without frustration if i had nothing else. :cool:

I also got a pair of of Huawei AM12 and while they their looks and build quality are great, they are terrible sounding in my opinion, nothing worth bothering with.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #296 of 320
The WH-208s are definitely sounding way better than their ultra cheap looks suggest. They are a bitch for finding a proper seal/fit though and I prefer to use narrow bore tips of the MH1 kind with them to tame their brightness. I liked their wide bore rubber tips so much on other iems however that I ended up buying four pairs just so I have more of them.

I just used the tips that I got with them, although I used the smallest on my right ear and the 2nd smallest on my left, it's nice to see more than 3 sizes for once (I got 4 sizes), the medium is a bit too big for me and the smallest seemed not to seal on the left side, overall a big surprise from nokia or maybe it was microsoft that made these as I see they were paired with nokia lumia phones, like the nokia lumia 925

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #297 of 320
  I've seen a few reviews. I'm not an early adopter. I'm waiting for more because I don't really need any more headphones... 

You could check 1clearhead's review.

I honestly find the Tennmak Pianos (and Pro's to a certain extent) a fair bit better than the x5's. They are very tip dependant and can cause them to be bass 'cannonlike'. Also the mids are too recessed for my liking. YMMV of course. 

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #298 of 320
Yep, other reviewers have said that it has recessed mids and overpowering bass. Thus, these earbuds could be considered overhyped to some, while others will find it perfect for their needs. In the end, these actually offer great sound resolution and soundstage for a budget micro-driver! (Since you did not like these, you might want to look at the UiiSii DT200s. They have a similar sound signature to the Magaosi BK50s, but are cheaper in price and provide better tips for isolation. One big plus is that they are dual-drivers! Just like the Tennmak Pros!

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #299 of 320
  Yep, other reviewers have said that it has recessed mids and overpowering bass. Thus, these earbuds could be considered overhyped to some, while others will find it perfect for their needs. In the end, these actually offer great sound resolution and soundstage for a budget micro-driver! (Since you did not like these, you might want to look at the UiiSii DT200s. They have a similar sound signature to the Magaosi BK50s, but are cheaper in price and provide better tips for isolation. One big plus is that they are dual-drivers! Just like the Tennmak Pros!

Don't get me wrong, I do like the x5's, However they are well down on my listening list! Behind the Pianos, Pro's, and of course Pinnacle P1's! 

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #300 of 320
found these dual driver seahf for about 20 USD, with and without mic, with removable mmcx cables

link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back