$1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus poll- Read rules first!
Aug 23, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #166 of 320
Why yes, yes I do:bigsmile_face: So the ATR is more lively and up front in it's presentation where as (at least for me) the HDS1 is a more mellow (not to be confused with what some call veiled) laid back presentation. To me the ATR sounds more powerful but I guess that will depend on your ears and device you media comes out of. I think I stated it before I feel the ATR is a refined version of all the ATE's:wink_face:

:beerchug:

How is bass, soundstage, mids and high compared to orignal ate and would u consider them better in overall qualiry. Using smartphone, tablet and laptops.

Also which is more confertible to wear, atr or hds1.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #168 of 320
How is bass, soundstage, mids and high compared to orignal ate and would u consider them better in overall qualiry. Using smartphone, tablet and laptops.

Also which is more confertible to wear, atr or hds1.

Ooh, tough call by 2!

I think the improvements in the AT shell "R" are all the way around from SS, SQ, parts and build but YMMV
wink_face.gif

To me they wear pretty much like the other AT shells but they are a little smoother around the edges I believe as well as other parts (Brass fittings) but as far as comfort it's how your ears are shaped for the ATR and the HDS1 is small, light and just sits in the ear easily. I wear all my iem's over ear and I can't even tell I have the HDS1 on when wearing them.

beerchug.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #170 of 320
I need to buy a new iem for under 30 euros.
I have seen a lot of mentions about the KK-Ting, VJJB K4S, Xiaomi hybrid and tennmak pro (I dont like the round the ear design)

Are these the best under 30 euros ? What would you recommend for someone who likes bass ?

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #172 of 320
I have seen a lot of mentions about the KK-Ting, VJJB K4S, Xiaomi hybrid and tennmak pro (I dont like the round the ear design)

Are these the best under 30 euros ? What would you recommend for someone who likes bass ?

The Tennmaks are round the ear. I'd go for those wooden VJJB K4 or another woodies, the DZAT, which I got today on the mail and been loving them so far. 

Aug 26, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #173 of 320
@Podsterso you're saying atr is better than ate?

Well after several days of listening I would say yes but remember we are talking my old ears, YMMV on this but like the ZS3 to the rest of the ZS line they are the upgraded product of the initial designs (ATE's)

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #174 of 320
  The Tennmaks are round the ear. I'd go for those wooden VJJB K4 or another woodies, the DZAT, which I got today on the mail and been loving them so far. 

Wooden iem are the ones I like the least design wise, but I am here for the sound quality so screw that I guess 
wink_face.gif

Do you have the VJJB ? If you do how do they compare to the DZAT in terms of bass ?

I would also like to hear from someone about the Musicmaker KK-Ting,I see many recommendations but not any reviews.

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #175 of 320
  Wooden iem are the ones I like the least design wise, but I am here for the sound quality so screw that I guess 
wink_face.gif

Do you have the VJJB ? If you do how do they compare to the DZAT in terms of bass ?

I would also like to hear from someone about the Musicmaker KK-Ting,I see many recommendations but not any reviews.

I love the KK-Ting. I put it above the **** UES due to a deeper and more impactful bass, but just slightly behind in middle and treble details.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #176 of 320

MusicMaker FengYin

Aug 27, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #177 of 320
wink_face.gif

The VJJB K4 has a more balanced sound signature, while the DZAT has some mid-bass thump. Both have good bass, in a sense it doesn't interfere with the mids/highs, but has presence and resolution.
Both have distinct sound, good resolution, good build quality and are rather comfortable to wear. The VJJB is more prone to sound differences with tip rolling. The DZAT has a mic, but only works with iDevices. The DZAT comes with a beautiful cardboard package that includes a notebook, a pen, a carrying bag, tips, instructions etc.

Since you are not fond of the wooden and over the ear, go for the KZ ED9. It's a 2-in-1, with it's interchangeable nozzles. 

Or, with that budget, you can buy 2 or 3 iems and then decide which one suits you best :wink:    

Aug 27, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #179 of 320
  The VJJB K4 has a more balanced sound signature, while the DZAT has some mid-bass thump. Both have good bass, in a sense it doesn't interfere with the mids/highs, but has presence and resolution.
Both have distinct sound, good resolution, good build quality and are rather comfortable to wear. The VJJB is more prone to sound differences with tip rolling. The DZAT has a mic, but only works with iDevices. The DZAT comes with a beautiful cardboard package that includes a notebook, a pen, a carrying bag, tips, instructions etc.

Since you are not fond of the wooden and over the ear, go for the KZ ED9. It's a 2-in-1, with it's interchangeable nozzles. 

Or, with that budget, you can buy 2 or 3 iems and then decide which one suits you best :wink:    

From the audiobudget review I got the impression that the VJJB was the one that had more bass thump.
On what tips did you get the best sound from the VJJB ?
I am not very worried about design, over the ear is out of the question for me, but I can live with wooden earphones.
MusicMaker FengYin

The problem with musicmaker for me is that there are almost no reviews about their earphones, I am only aware of the tw1 review.
I'm probably going to try some musicmakers when they get more reviews, that way I can be sure of what I'm buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back