「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #94,696 of 177,750
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxVvAK57RWQ

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea opening theme--Umi no Okaasan
Oh the feels

Maybe it's the recording, but I hardly got an emotional attachment to the song.

This, on the other hand, is a masterpiece.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl9WMIPzd6w[/VIDEO]

Wait what? Hayley Westenra did a Spirited Away-like song??

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CQOXCIYwcI[/video]

I love her voice. So romantic...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nq-X70DRrA[/video]

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #94,698 of 177,750
I dunno man, I was crying away to this song from the OST CD even before I watched the movie (streaming the OST on kkbox by chance is what led me to watch it in the first place) Perhaps I've got a very 女毒 setting on my speaker rig now

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 12, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #94,699 of 177,750
Hmmm good songs but nothing that really manages to get through my thick instrumental-lover skin.

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #94,700 of 177,750
  I dunno man, I was crying away to this song from the OST CD even before I watched the movie (streaming the OST on kkbox by chance is what led me to watch it in the first place) Perhaps I've got a very 女毒 setting on my speaker rig now

Just listened to it a bit. Quite beautiful I must say.

I've teared up before when listening to music. I know that feel

Just finished ep 2 of Haibane Renmei

Quite interesting. Been a while since I've been so invested in an anime.

It's story and setting almost reminds me of the anime series SnK but with a slice of life theme to it. 

Anyway, will watch more tomorrow. 2:30 am now.

Panda needs bed time, fell alseep many times today. It also has been a weird feely day. One of the proffesors I really enjoyed learning from, and talking to every now and then passed away yesterday suddenly.

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #94,701 of 177,750
  Panda needs bed time, fell alseep many times today. It also has been a weird feely day. One of the proffesors I really enjoyed learning from, and talking to every now and then passed away yesterday suddenly.

Wait, one of your college profs? Sorry to hear about that..

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #94,702 of 177,750
  Oh my god. The OP song to that game is actually really good and addicting!

Onto trying to find the flac version~

OMG It's by nao!!!

Since we're on the topic of H-games' OP and nao.....

Say that to the nukige titles that totally outnumber the dramatic-love-story-with-a-bit-of-visual-reward types.

ok fine... lol

Using Arduino for the first time in my life... I hate the IDE, it doesn't have auto-predict and all those cool features in AVR studio.
And worse of all, it doesn't even compile with out some stupid functions....

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #94,703 of 177,750
Use Eclipse like every other sane person!
Or try BlueJ just for the lulz :p

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #94,705 of 177,750
HI HI!
I'm a newbie to this thread as well. I just started posting here last week. Help me out as well!

I would recommend Garden of Words and 5cm Per Second for some of Shinkai's best as the next film. The sheer amount of graphical animation quality in Garden of Words left me astounded while the scenary and style of 5cm per second left me in tears at the end with its story and characters.

Please note that this thread uses a fierce rule of no spoilers without usage of spoiler tags. Thanks :) I know you didn't but many newbies don't know this rule and end up posting something. (I'm not a newbie by the way)

Rikkun is self studying it I know :)

I've listed Garden of Words and 5cm per Second in myanimelist, just gotta get a PC or laptop for myself along with an external HDD! Thanks for the heads-up, I'll definitely remember that (since I myself hate spoilers anyway :|).

Quote:
Welcome to Head-Fi, and this thread!

I have yet to watch "Children Who Chase Lost Voices," but I want to some day when I find the time and motivation. School and post-graduation plans have a priority over that though.

I've been trying to study Chinese instead of Japanese. XD
Thanks! It'll be interesting to see how they are. V-MODA does some rigorous testing with their cables, so I was curious as to why FiiO specifically targeted that one cable for the M-80 and M-100.

Thanks! I totally understand how you feel, considering that all I ever did after college was some of my post-college activities included sleeping. A lot. : D

Mandarin Chinese is pretty tough, that I know since I studied it since childhood and stopped in secondary/high school. I gotta hand it to you if you're self-studying an Asian language in a Western 
country (or anyone else, for that matter)!
  Welcome!

There are a few of us studying Japanese by ourselves. I may also soon be one. I know a person who has offered to teach me Japanese (that's if I teach him Spanish). He told me that if I get some basic vocabulary and know the 50 katakana and 50 hiragana, I can start reading a lot of things (since people are getting lazy with remembering traditional Chinese characters so they use kana as a substitute). So that sounds a bit hopeful to me (although I have to learn Chinese right now so...yup).

I've been reading tweets with kana replacing kanji, and I get how it may be more convenient, but it may get confusing sometimes due to the fact that some words have the same pronunciation. : s Keep up with learning (Mandarin?) Chinese, it's really helpful if you decide to pick up other languages affiliated with it like Japanese or other Chinese dialects like Cantonese! I utterly regret not continuing learning Mandarin, it's gonna be tough picking it up properly after the 7 years or so in which I didn't continue learning it. :c
  Herro!
Welcome to this miraculous place filled with Otaku shenanigans, pointless comments and a metric poop-ton of off-topic discussions.

Watch Garden of Words and 5cm per Second!

Please don't get discouraged by the stupid amount of comments in this thread. Sometimes it just goes into lightspeed mode. You really do not have to read through all of it or reply to everything.
Thread has been rather slow in the last few weeks...no idea why. Could it be that there is a life outside of Head-Fi? Most likely not.

I'm self-studying English :3

Thanks for your welcome! I self-study English all the while too! Dictionaries are the best companions you could find hahaha

In any case, I really do wish I managed to get that AKG K142HD on offer. (Forgot to post the link, here it is: AKG-K142HD-Definition-Semi-Open-Headphones)
If only they would freaking ship headphones out of the US to UK!
I would've been happy if I'd gotten that. ;        ;

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #94,706 of 177,750
Wait, one of your college profs? Sorry to hear about that..

Yeah. He was very healthy, active and would talk about him and his family a lot. He used his family trips and past as a way to add onto the lecture material. He was the us govt prof. Nobody saw it comming. I walked into class yesterday. It was weird. A few people were on the main lecture stage and when class started. We didnt see our prof that usually walks around the room to hang out. And then boom. We learn he passed away from a fatal accident either that evening or the one before.

I didnt personally know him. But his political analyzation was quite interesting and was someone i did in fact admire.

OMG It's by nao!!!

Since we're on the topic of H-games' OP and nao.....

ok fine... lol

[rule]Using Arduino for the first time in my life... I hate the IDE, it doesn't have auto-predict and all those cool features in AVR studio.
And worse of all, it doesn't even compile with out some stupid functions....

Lol! This stupid thing to make program work!! Hahah :wink:

Im thinking of trying out arduinos soon

Yeah. Ive played nukiges as my main stable

Thanks! I totally understand how you feel, considering that all I ever did after college was some of my post-college activities included sleeping. A lot. : D

Mandarin Chinese is pretty tough, that I know since I studied it since childhood and stopped in secondary/high school. I gotta hand it to you if you're self-studying an Asian language in a Western 
country (or anyone else, for that matter)!
I've been reading tweets with kana replacing kanji, and I get how it may be more convenient, but it may get confusing sometimes due to the fact that some words have the same pronunciation. : s Keep up with learning (Mandarin?) Chinese, it's really helpful if you decide to pick up other languages affiliated with it like Japanese or other Chinese dialects like Cantonese! I utterly regret not continuing learning Mandarin, it's gonna be tough picking it up properly after the 7 years or so in which I didn't continue learning it. :c
Thanks for your welcome! I self-study English all the while too! Dictionaries are the best companions you could find hahaha

In any case, I really do wish I managed to get that AKG K142HD on offer. (Forgot to post the link, here it is: AKG-K142HD-Definition-Semi-Open-Headphones)
If only they would freaking ship headphones out of the US to UK!
I would've been happy if I'd gotten that. ;        ;

5cm per second first :wink:

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #94,709 of 177,750
Watching Bakemonogatari really is like watching something by Quentin Tarantino.
Minus the stupid jokes.

By the way....why is there no subbed version of the new Madoka movie yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back